GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Lexus dealer won't do f-sport sway tsib

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-10, 04:07 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
document everything including the rude treatment by the rep, and send in another official complaint to lexus corp.

i did that last time when we got ridiculous treatment when buying our gs350. the case was escalated to a supervisor and he called me personally to apologize and understand the situation, and offered compensation for what i went through.

state in your complaint how you have been loyal customer, how you have been patient and reasonable about things, how now you have gone out of your own way to get things done, and state clearly that now the issue is gone, explicitly proving that the fix is needed -- all at your expense. and put together any wrong treatment that you think you had to endure, and sent those over.

i can't say you will get anything in return, but at least it worked in my case
Thanks Henry - that's helpful. Should I use the form on the website to submit this second complaint?

Also on my point relating to the NHTSA related recall, my point is just that when you ignore simple customer requests to replace a known faulty part, things escalate. They seem to have a bias to not taking action when they know their parts are faulty. This F-Sport instance is egregious because they continued shipping the faulty part even after announcing the TSIB. That to me is saving a few dollars by not replacing bad inventory at the expense of leaving more cars with a thumping noise. That's just not good management. It's like if a restaurant had a policy in the kitchen that if you drop a steak on the floor you pick it up and put it back on the plate because you don't want to waste steak.
Old 06-10-10, 05:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

umm, i forgot what i did. i remember doing everything in word document (physical mail), but then i checked on the lexus webpage and saw the form. i forgot if they allowed to attach a file, or i just copied and pasted the whole thing.

it took me 2 days to receive a feedback. my complaint was very calm, only about facts and what i observed. i didn't expect any response but i wanted to make sure they heard me. so i was pretty surprised when i got a call
Old 06-10-10, 06:28 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by batman75
The problem is fixed. It cost me $95 in the end for the updated bushings and labor.

I can see now how Toyota ended up with the huge NHTSA issue. If they are going to turn away a loyal customer who has purchased 2 Lexus' in the past 18 months over $95 warranty claim, how can I trust the company to do the right thing when a more expensive fix might be needed?

Definitely considering whether to go back to BMW once my car hits the 2 year mark. Their cars may be less reliable, but whenever I asked them for anything they did it.
that's because BMW *** rapes you with the initial price of the car to pay for that "free" maintenance.
Old 06-10-10, 07:05 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jtrue28
that's because BMW *** rapes you with the initial price of the car to pay for that "free" maintenance.
Yeah but if I were to go along with your analogy isn't it better to be raped once than raped several times a year over a 4 year period.
Old 06-10-10, 08:21 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

no one forces you to go to the dealership to have things done.
Old 06-10-10, 09:47 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Batman,

I am so sorry to hear the trouble you had at your dealership....I would be ticked off. Definitely file a complaint and keep us posted if you get a response. I am lucky to have a service advisor who actually cares about his customers.. I bought my sways from Sewell (Darryl is the best too!) and had my local dealership just install the front sway (i did the rear myself) and when I started experiencing the knocking called my service advisor (Doug) and told him about the TSIB and he was already on top of it and told me to bring the car in and they would take care of it....no questions asked...

Don't let a few bad apples ruin your taste for apples........the majority are good.

take care,

rg
Old 06-11-10, 05:05 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

You guys are right. Plus in Miami all the car dealers are bad. There's a serious shortage of talent here.

The reason I sound so upset is because I had a really good service guy at Lexus of North Miami, and he left. Since he left I've not been able to find anyone who cares. I called the service manger at LNM for a new service advisor and she never called me back. I went to JM and so far they have threatened to void my audio warranty because of my vehicle tracking system, and then the whole saga in this thread.

I even posted a thread in the
Florida forum asking for a recommendation for a service advisor. The guy they suggested was asking me 200 dollars to change the turn signal bulbs on top of the 10k service. At least JM did that for free.

I just want a viable working relationship with a fair human being. I was really happy with my first Lexus service guy - best one I worked with at any brand - but he's gone and the rest just don't value a customer relationship.
Old 06-11-10, 05:15 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Does anyone know who I should write to about my grievance here?

I really feel badly treated by Lexus corporate. The rep, Elizabeth Neumann, was pretty rude to me. She explicitly said I was being "unreasonable". She insisted I go to one or two additional dealers to test my car, even after I explained that to do that takes out about 3 hours of my day each time. I made it perfectly clear to her that this issue was well recorded and that a TSIB had been issued. I also emphasized that this was a claim for a $50 part and 30 minutes of labor and that I had already lost 6 hours of my time, and that it isn't a good use of my time to spend another 6 hours or more on a $100 issue.

She effectively treated me as if I was a liar and showed a complete disregard for my time. To treat someone like that after he has been waiting for 4 hours at a dealership for your call back, and the last hour of that on hold in the call center, is just unacceptable service.

I really felt like I lost my soul by giving in and paying to fix the car myself. This was bald unveiled customer abuse.
im just gonna throw this out there and maybe im playing devils advocate here but besides that lady being rude, i dont think the dealer did anything wrong. no one forces you to get things done at the dealer. if they couldnt duplicate the sound when you went, i would of just bought the bushing and had it done near me. also what lexus charges is what they charge. they dont know if something may take 15 minutes or 45. its in the computer for a certain amount of time and they use that number times their shop rate to give you a quote. thats any shop too.

i think at this point your just wasting your time dealing with this. i dont think one bad person at a dealer should ruin your whole experience with lexus. theres a lot of bad seeds in everything.
Old 06-11-10, 05:32 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
im just gonna throw this out there and maybe im playing devils advocate here but besides that lady being rude, i dont think the dealer did anything wrong. no one forces you to get things done at the dealer. if they couldnt duplicate the sound when you went, i would of just bought the bushing and had it done near me. also what lexus charges is what they charge. they dont know if something may take 15 minutes or 45. its in the computer for a certain amount of time and they use that number times their shop rate to give you a quote. thats any shop too.

i think at this point your just wasting your time dealing with this. i dont think one bad person at a dealer should ruin your whole experience with lexus. theres a lot of bad seeds in everything.
Well, it's the principle of the thing. They sold it to him, they installed it for him, and he's having a problem with it that there is a TSB out for updated parts. Why on earth would he, or anybody, go in there and make up things about hearing the noises if what he already had was working fine? Especially if they know he had to drive an hour out of his way to get there - it just doesn't seem like something a sane person would do if they didn't have a problem.

I agree that in general they shouldn't go fixing things that aren't broken. You can't go in and tell them I want a new water pump because you had a dream about it breaking. There are certain things that they should just take your word for and fix, especially if it is hard to reproduce on the spot and involves something that was redesigned specifically for the complaint.

I think what he needs to do is spend some time in the area of that dealership and try to find a place where he can reproduce the sound somewhat consistently and then take them there. There has to be some road with a manhole cover that is too deep in the road or something? Maybe you can make your own bad road by taking a few 2x4s up there and laying them out on the ground and driving over them.

If I was as unsatisfied with the whole experience as Batman, I would remove the swaybar completely and just sell it and forget it ever existed.

Last edited by BinaryJay; 06-11-10 at 05:35 AM.
Old 06-11-10, 05:41 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I agree with you but not everyone who works at lexus is up on things like we are here on the boards. even though there is a tsb out, they have to make sure the car is doing what the tsb says before they can replace it. i understand the taking your word for it thing and that would be nice but look at it from the dealers stand point. how much time (and money) do you think they would lose if they took everyones word for something being wrong. keep in mind the people that go into the dealers most times dont know anything about cars like we do so the dealer hears all kinds of stories all day long.

the part is fixed and the problem is solved, i wouldnt even bother going back to the dealer to try and prove a point. its done with and its over.
Old 06-11-10, 06:03 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Does anyone know who I should write to about my grievance here?

I really feel badly treated by Lexus corporate. The rep, Elizabeth Neumann, was pretty rude to me. She explicitly said I was being "unreasonable". She insisted I go to one or two additional dealers to test my car, even after I explained that to do that takes out about 3 hours of my day each time. I made it perfectly clear to her that this issue was well recorded and that a TSIB had been issued. I also emphasized that this was a claim for a $50 part and 30 minutes of labor and that I had already lost 6 hours of my time, and that it isn't a good use of my time to spend another 6 hours or more on a $100 issue.

She effectively treated me as if I was a liar and showed a complete disregard for my time. To treat someone like that after he has been waiting for 4 hours at a dealership for your call back, and the last hour of that on hold in the call center, is just unacceptable service.

I really felt like I lost my soul by giving in and paying to fix the car myself. This was bald unveiled customer abuse.
fist, sorry to hear about this

2nd you should send your letter to ROTORA for me....question is will it do any good
Old 06-11-10, 07:48 AM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2

2nd you should send your letter to ROTORA for me....question is will it do any good
LMAO, Mike. Hahaha...ugh, customer service these days just blow. You'd think that with this economy, CS would be better than ever. Oh well.
Old 06-11-10, 10:33 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2

dude i was drinking when i saw your message, i know it's bad but i really choked myself

tony, trust me, no matter what economy is, some CS out there just suck, they just don't understand
Old 06-12-10, 01:39 AM
haleakala
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camera phones provide great evidence

Sorry to hear about your bad dealer experience.

I had the same "prove it with evidence" issue with my dealer on this Sway Bar issue and a previous "brake squeaking issue."

The previous brakes squeaking at low speed in reverse on cold mornings was driving me insane last year because the dealer couldn't replicate it so they kept returning my car with brakes that squealed loudly on cold mornings.

Finally a couple months later I filmed it on my cell phone and showed my dealer the video with the loud squeaking noise. They fixed my brakes. Took them two days to do something with the "shims" and general cleaning but it worked almost 6 months after I initially reported the problem.

When my Sway bars started rattling later, I took a video of my car in motion and the rattling noise as I drove at low speeds over uneven pavement. The thumping noises were obvious and the dealer didn't question it when I showed it to them.

I wish I had filmed my internal dashboard rattling 2 yrs ago because it took me over 4 months to convince my dealer to fix it.

I'm learning slowly how to get them to do things on the first request... lol.

Why does everything on this car rattle or thump...It's finally quiet!