GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Upgrading brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-10, 06:16 PM
Amalan
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upgrading brakes?

So I went to the stealership today and asked them to see if they can fix the exhaust tips when it was in for service. Guy told me he wouldn't be able to do this in risk of breaking the exhaust and told me thats how lexus comes naturally. He was trying to convince me that there is no way the exhaust tips can come out perfectly straight on each side and proceeded to tell me that someone with a brand new lexus had the same problem and they told him the same thing... right... I told him not to worry about it ill take it to a professional, which made him glare a bit (woo). Next he told me I need to get my front brakes redone both rotors and pads and told me it would cost 750+labor for the front two... I was like holyyy eff in my head and again I told him not to worry about it, ill take it to a professional. So after this little debacle and them only getting an oil change out of me, im deciding to get "upgraded" brakes. its in quotations because I do not want to do a big brake kit, rather just upgraded rotors and pads. Can someone tell me which rotors and pads combo I can get that is within the oem price they gave me. Does Stoptech make rotors for the 3gs?
Old 06-22-10, 07:23 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I sent you a PM.
Old 06-24-10, 09:37 AM
socal3gs
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Amalan
So I went to the stealership today and asked them to see if they can fix the exhaust tips when it was in for service. Guy told me he wouldn't be able to do this in risk of breaking the exhaust and told me thats how lexus comes naturally. He was trying to convince me that there is no way the exhaust tips can come out perfectly straight on each side and proceeded to tell me that someone with a brand new lexus had the same problem and they told him the same thing... right... I told him not to worry about it ill take it to a professional, which made him glare a bit (woo). Next he told me I need to get my front brakes redone both rotors and pads and told me it would cost 750+labor for the front two... I was like holyyy eff in my head and again I told him not to worry about it, ill take it to a professional. So after this little debacle and them only getting an oil change out of me, im deciding to get "upgraded" brakes. its in quotations because I do not want to do a big brake kit, rather just upgraded rotors and pads. Can someone tell me which rotors and pads combo I can get that is within the oem price they gave me. Does Stoptech make rotors for the 3gs?
Let me know if you need stoptech rotors/pads
Old 06-24-10, 10:24 AM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can get rotors and pads for less than 300 damn near.. wow those guys are ridiculous.. i would punch them in the face if they told me that but whatever, its how they operate...
Old 06-24-10, 10:35 AM
Amalan
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by socal3gs
Let me know if you need stoptech rotors/pads
sweet, ill pm you this weekend

Originally Posted by beez43
you can get rotors and pads for less than 300 damn near.. wow those guys are ridiculous.. i would punch them in the face if they told me that but whatever, its how they operate...
lol my eyes rolled when they told me that like I wonder how many people they have suckered into this. You can probably fool soccer moms but im not that stupid. I told them that my bmw had its rotors replaced twice and its pads replaced 3 times and that cost me a grand total of eating their snacks and driving around a loaner car for a day. This lexus dealership has a movie theater, a gym and a moat in front of the dealership... I guess they have to pay for all this useless **** someway.