GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
View Poll Results: Which connection would you prefer Integrating your iPhone/iPod to your car stereo?
Wired Digital
50.00%
Wired RCA
16.67%
A2DP (Bluetooth)
50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

iPhone 4/3GS/iPod Touch - streaming over A2DP (Stereo over Bluetooth) directly to ML

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-10, 05:41 PM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.amazon.com/MB1500-Toyota-.../dp/B003INF6CS

Out of stock so far on Amazon.
Old 07-06-10, 01:24 AM
Serggus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by mysteryan
I doubt a lot of people would be able to discern the difference between an analog and digital signal of the two. The vaistech unit is pretty close to CD quality.
You'd be surprised, how much difference you can tell on a ML sound system when listening High quality Digital vs Non. Trust me it's worth it!
Old 07-06-10, 01:25 AM
Serggus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
What do you mean by i tunes video? If i download a video or a movie from limewire will i be able to watch it, if i sync it through my itunes to my iphone 4g? Also the last sentence you said "get everything else''. Please be more specific of what everything else is.
Sounds like Batman cleared it up for you, ping me if you have any more questions.

cheers!
Old 07-06-10, 01:28 AM
Serggus
Driver School Candidate

Arrow

Originally Posted by noncom23
The device is not out yet, therefore you will need to ether reorder and wait, or wait and order

I have a link to a good source with killer price, as soon as they are out I will post it here.

Cheers!
Old 07-06-10, 02:50 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me know ASAP
Old 07-06-10, 07:43 PM
cmichael
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Serggus

Your posts are very informative. Thank you.

Given that I do not use an iphone or ipad, and do not plan to subscribe to Sirius, would you recommend the Vaistech VML or the DICE for my 07 RX350
w/out navigation?
Old 07-06-10, 11:49 PM
Serggus
Driver School Candidate

Arrow DICE vs VAIS

Originally Posted by cmichael
Serggus

Your posts are very informative. Thank you.

Given that I do not use an iphone or ipad, and do not plan to subscribe to Sirius, would you recommend the Vaistech VML or the DICE for my 07 RX350
w/out navigation?
Its hard to say what's better, as most of this depends on personal preferences.

These are my thoughts:
VML has a digital wired connection and has an option for a build in HD.

Dice has a digital wired connection and can accept a 2.5 HD plugged in to USB, and has A2DP option with MB1500. Or for -$50 no A2DP.

I'm not sure what your streaming source is but the number of devices featuring A2DP is growing very rapidly and will be the norm, sooner than later. (I've used A2DP on my windows phones 3-4 years ago) Now we have even Apple adapted that feature, who is usually the latest company to implement such features into their devices. Therefore it's a nice to have.

In my opinion DICE has more options, same quality if not better and costs less.

Last edited by Serggus; 07-06-10 at 11:52 PM.
Old 07-07-10, 09:44 AM
NAK
Rookie

Originally Posted by Serggus
Some information from A2DP Specification:
"A typical usage case is the streaming of music content from a stereo music player to headphones or speakers. The audio data is compressed in a proper format for efficient use of the limited bandwidth."
So another compression on the top of MP3 compression. It's sound to me pretty "High Quality". Especially dynamic compression!

the specs are not out yet as the MediaBridge is not out officially, but according to DICE engineers, the sound quality will differ by 10% Wired vs wireless. Majority of the ears out there will not be able to tell much difference.
The specs for BMW MediaBridge not in the manual either…… Also how did you get directly to the engineers at Dice? Do you work for them?
Plus as far as I understand engineers don't tell you specs over the phone, sales people do!

Majority of the ears out there will not be able to tell much difference.
I wouldn't talk about majority. And I think it insults the majority when you say they can't differ the sound quality.

Dice has a digital wired connection and can accept a 2.5 HD plugged in to USB, and has A2DP option with MB1500. Or for -$50 no A2DP.
Very true!!
"you get what you pay for"
So if it cost you 50$, that means it costs Dice around $15 or less!
Doesn't sound like a high end device to me.

"you get what you pay for"…

Also let me ask you a question. How do you know so much about the product that isn't out yet or has any documentation with specs on their website? Also arguing about the quality of the product that you haven't installed in your car or tried seems like a not creditable review.
Old 07-07-10, 06:36 PM
Serggus
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation Can this get any more lame?

Originally Posted by NAK
Some information from A2DP Specification:
"A typical usage case is the streaming of music content from a stereo music player to headphones or speakers. The audio data is compressed in a proper format for efficient use of the limited bandwidth."
So another compression on the top of MP3 compression. It's sound to me pretty "High Quality". Especially dynamic compression!

The specs for BMW MediaBridge not in the manual either…… Also how did you get directly to the engineers at Dice? Do you work for them?
Plus as far as I understand engineers don't tell you specs over the phone, sales people do!

I wouldn't talk about majority. And I think it insults the majority when you say they can't differ the sound quality.

So if it cost you 50$, that means it costs Dice around $15 or less!
Doesn't sound like a high end device to me.

"you get what you pay for"…

Also let me ask you a question. How do you know so much about the product that isn't out yet or has any documentation with specs on their website? Also arguing about the quality of the product that you haven't installed in your car or tried seems like a not creditable review.

Well here we are again
We're off to a good start as you took my advice and visited the Bluetooth.com and at least read the introduction page of the specifications on A2DP

If you want to get certain information, you don't necessarily need to work for a company like DICE to talk to an Engineer. We have countless number of resources; all that’s required is cleverness, willingness and ability to connect the dots. Person I talked to is not a Sales person. And for the record I DON’T/DIDN'T WORK FOR DICE.

"What sounds to you" is a matter of perspective. But if you continue doing your research like you started, it will compliment your ability to sustain an argument in technical manner using factual data, instead of using "he-said, she-said", "It sounds to me", "I think", or assume any other mambo jumbo... (no offence)

I’m not insulting anybody, talking about majority. Being a musician over 20 years, it’s no surprise to anybody in music industry that most people don’t have STUDIO tuned ears to differentiate the 10% -15% discrepancy in distortion level, better yet - in a Car-like Environment.
Sound Engineer can and should “nerd out” because they can tell the difference

My friend, by the time you crank up your volume to offset the engine and outside noise, you will generate distortion due to the limitation for your speakers.
Maybe this is not the best analogy, but here it goes anyways:
(This reminds me of armatures that would buy the best processor on the market due to some review read in PcMag. Plug it into a limited, almost obsolete MB with limited ram, low disk perf…, can open Word faster by 2 seconds!!! Yet delusional that they achieved the highest performance, and better yet - with no real need or ability to utilize it) - That’s a nice hobby, and a waist of money, not much more.

I’m not even going to get into the cost of making the product, but leave you with this thought:
If you have a good audio device base, it will not cost much more to add a BT module or any other related modules. At this point it’s a feature of the product, and partial cost of this feature offsets to product itself.

For example: you can’t say that Lexus Dynamic Cruise Control is not good for $??? Dollars. It’s certain that it is an addition to the car/product base, and its partial cost would run against the product itself. Making the product with features as a whole for a good price.
Features of this product are listed loud and clear on their websites. BMW version of it has great reviews by people with the product installed.
And to end this pointless discussion, Please take time and read carefully the full POST next time and not take words out of context. I make myself very clear; as soon as I test the device in person I will update the form with the outcome.
What I said about capability of A2DP doesn't pertain only to DICE device. It’s a platform for use of many devices, which I do personally use, and happy with some, not so with others. WIll see how this goes!
Cheers!
Old 07-07-10, 06:48 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Serggus,

I have reviewed all your posts on the forum since you joined and I've got concerns about your post and seeming promotion for DICE in this and other threads (especially given your invitation to have members PM you for pricing (a violation of our terms of service BTW) and writing up a glowing review-style commentary for something you don't have in your hands yet).

Because of this concern I'm going to ask you to cease promoting anything DICE-related in your future posts and I look forward to other established members purchasing and reviewing this product when it comes out. That will ease my concerns about bias and PM sales.