GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

270,000 FaultyLexus/Toyota Engines, potential recall (valve spring replacement)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-10, 09:44 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i say just sit tight and wait for the letter. i probably won't go in for a while
I will definitely sit tight because I am in no hurry to have them take my car apart. I have been over 100 mph several times and my car runs fine. I punch it every so often on city streets and it still purrs along. No hurry for me.
Old 07-11-10, 06:03 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
K guys lets get a meet going for recall, well roll in 50 cars deep
This has me rolling
Old 07-17-10, 05:13 PM
ecko1211
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

went to a dealer in illinois and was told that they will not sell any cars until the recall has been performed. they said no one in illinois has done the recall because the dealers are waiting for the part that won't come until august. not sure if this dealer is telling the truth or what?
Old 07-17-10, 11:42 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ecko1211
went to a dealer in illinois and was told that they will not sell any cars until the recall has been performed. they said no one in illinois has done the recall because the dealers are waiting for the part that won't come until august. not sure if this dealer is telling the truth or what?
correct, my dealer also told me that the actual work for the recall won't happen until mid-late august. so it's a matter of logistics, lexus has to supply enough parts to all the dealerships worldwide, and that takes time.
Old 07-17-10, 11:54 PM
g550
Driver School Candidate

Talk about a frustrating issue...(I had originally posted this on the LS page): I purchased a cpo 07 gs350 almost a week and a half ago, and although I knew about the recall I was surprised to find out that I wouldn't be taking delivery of my car for an undetermined amount of time. Frustration because this is my first Lexus!! Here I am sitting on my butt waiting, and getting even more discouraged as I hear that I might have to wait until sometime in August. Man, I'll have to make my first payment on a car before I even get a chance to drive it.

Arghh!
Old 07-18-10, 06:08 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by g550
Talk about a frustrating issue...(I had originally posted this on the LS page): I purchased a cpo 07 gs350 almost a week and a half ago, and although I knew about the recall I was surprised to find out that I wouldn't be taking delivery of my car for an undetermined amount of time. Frustration because this is my first Lexus!! Here I am sitting on my butt waiting, and getting even more discouraged as I hear that I might have to wait until sometime in August. Man, I'll have to make my first payment on a car before I even get a chance to drive it.

Arghh!
Seems crazy. I would ask for you money back and tell them that they are voiding the contract by failing to deliver the car.

If the refuse the only argument they can make is - its too late. you bought it you own it. At that point you can say then give me my car or I will call the cops.
Old 07-18-10, 07:33 AM
enigmaos
Driver

Their service department is going to be very busy when the parts arrive. Letter or no letter, double check your VIN.
Old 07-18-10, 09:17 AM
ecko1211
Rookie

Originally Posted by g550

Arghh!
is there a waiver form you can sign so they can release the car to you so that you can have your car and bring it back once the part comes in?
Old 07-18-10, 09:59 AM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by batman75
Seems crazy. I would ask for you money back and tell them that they are voiding the contract by failing to deliver the car.

If the refuse the only argument they can make is - its too late. you bought it you own it. At that point you can say then give me my car or I will call the cops.
I agree here. That's total BS. Not like the car is undriveable. Did you know before you signed the papers that you wouldn't be taking delivery of it right away?
Old 07-18-10, 10:56 AM
g550
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TWong1200
I agree here. That's total BS. Not like the car is undriveable. Did you know before you signed the papers that you wouldn't be taking delivery of it right away?
Although I was aware of the recall, there wasn't a mention of not taking delivery until it was completed. I do understand the dealerships reluctance, as they don't want to be held liable and they're ultimately also held accountable to corporate.

Do I want to cancel the deal? No, the car is perfect, and I'm tired of searching! However, I'm definitely going to discuss a possible waiver...it makes sense. Also, regardless of this issue the dealership experience has been awesome. I just hope we can come to some sort of compromise (money off, credits, etc...especially if it drags on).

Wrong time, wrong place...if it weren't for the recall issues haunting every manufacturer right now I'd be spending this sunday cruising the roads of the Texas hill country!

Either way, the hunt for information is driving me nuts! I wish corporate would've at least updated their original press release...dated two weeks ago....
Old 07-19-10, 05:55 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Good stuff, does anyone know if the oil will be changed? I'm due soon, plus I am going to take advantage and do my brakes as well.
Old 07-19-10, 10:30 AM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, parts will not be at the service department till mid-late August; my service adviser e-mailed (July 7th) me right after my VIN number came out of recall list...
Old 07-19-10, 12:20 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay so I've experienced a few times when the engine RPM all of a sudden drops like it's about to die and I think it actually died once. You think this would be related?
Old 07-19-10, 06:53 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Yup, mine's on the list too! - This one I don't mind, as it will probably be fixed the first time.

It's the 4 visits for the same rattles that really **** me off! - My rattles are fixed now, but it's July. We'll see what happens in December! I've been on Genesis forum a lot lately and have not seen any problems of the magnitude that I've had with this car!
Old 07-19-10, 07:41 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are we still comparing hyndai to a lexus? Title says recall. Rattle topics
Belong else where

Quick Reply: 270,000 FaultyLexus/Toyota Engines, potential recall (valve spring replacement)