GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

270,000 FaultyLexus/Toyota Engines, potential recall (valve spring replacement)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-10, 09:34 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by helpmeout1
No other dealer even close. Last time I called Lexus they sent out some nincompoop that did less to help the situation than the dealership.
Lexus corporate is not always helpful. The corporate rep also completely failed to get the dealer to solve my sway bar problem this year. However, I did successfully get her fired.
Old 12-01-10, 09:36 AM
helpmeout1
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mjb2124
Does the rattle on start-up sound like metal grinding? I'm hearing a metal grinding sound on start-up after I've driven the car for a bit and then it sits for an hour or so and I start it again. I mentioned it last time, but they didn't have the parts to fix it and would call me when the parts came in - which seems to be an excuse they use frequently. That was months ago... I scheduled for that to repaired this time, but don't expect much.
I can't say that it sounded like metal grinding. It only happened after the car had been sitting for a day or two. TSB L-SB-0157-08 fixed it, but now I have other start-up problems – see thread below.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...lem-today.html
Old 12-01-10, 09:40 AM
LexFather

Finally got my recall notice on the 450h but no gift certificate.

As for the wait, well lets do some math. It is technically a what 8-12 hour job, maybe longer? Techs have gotten better but it's still around a 5-6 hour job for most guys.

That is basically one car a day WITHOUT them needing to repair any other cars. Depending on the size of your dealer you might have 10-20 techs.

Thus it is sadly taking a long time.
Old 12-01-10, 09:56 AM
helpmeout1
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by batman75
Lexus corporate is not always helpful. The corporate rep also completely failed to get the dealer to solve my sway bar problem this year. However, I did successfully get her fired.
This problem is still not resolved after bringing Lexus into it:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...t-braking.html

I ran into this problem about a dozen more times, after I started this thread, with other people in the car......I just can't get it to happen with someone from Lexus or my local dealership in the car.

I have just about completely exhausted my efforts in trying to get Lexus to fix anything on my car.
Old 12-01-10, 10:00 AM
MichaelPea
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

MJB - Funny you mentioned the carwash. I had exactly the same discussion with the same person and got exactly the same results. Perhaps he should just tape a note to his office door so he doesn't even need to come out of the office. Bottom line is they don't wash my car at all anymore. Ever. I was successful in getting the scratches out with Wolfgang's and a buffer so I didn't have to use a detailer or wet sand but the problem is solved and they won't make that mistake again.

Batman - Your response is exactly why my first post said i'll have to consider BMW & Benz next time around. I'm not happy about it because I really like my GS but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 12-01-10, 01:52 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Finally got my recall notice on the 450h but no gift certificate.
Has anyone yet recieved their $500 parts and labor gift certificate from Lexus?
Old 12-01-10, 03:44 PM
mjb2124
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MichaelPea
Batman, the point in all this is that it doesn't matter where you go because Pittsburgh only has 2 Lexus dealers and they're both owned by the same guy. In fact when I was trying to buy my car I went from one store to the other to compare prices when the salesman asked what happened when I was at the other store. Probably because of my trade, he knew I had been at the other store. Think his price was any better? No.....sticker less $500. Take it or leave it. Did the same as mjb, got a quote from a dealer in Maryland through my credit union. Then they weren't so intransigent and gave me a decent (but not great) price.
That's funny because I had the same situation. I live in Cranberry so I went to the North Hills dealership first. Got a quote and took it to the other Lexus dealership to compete not knowing they were owned by the same guy. I get there and tell them what I got from the NH dealer and the price I was looking for. The salesman said "You know we're owned by the same person, right?". I said No and he said "I'm not competing with that dealership...we're one in the same". I said "Fine, I see I wasted a trip". Bought from NH after getting a pretty good deal...
Old 12-01-10, 03:47 PM
mjb2124
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MichaelPea
MJB - Funny you mentioned the carwash. I had exactly the same discussion with the same person and got exactly the same results. Perhaps he should just tape a note to his office door so he doesn't even need to come out of the office. Bottom line is they don't wash my car at all anymore. Ever. I was successful in getting the scratches out with Wolfgang's and a buffer so I didn't have to use a detailer or wet sand but the problem is solved and they won't make that mistake again.
All I do now is tell them to write "Do Not Wash" on the order when I'm getting repairs done. They've done that every time since and I haven't had a problem.

I've never been back to the car wash at the NH dealership, but a friend of mine said he has and assured me it's not touchless. I'm not surprised as I knew those scratches were not on my GS until I took it there. I'll wash the car in warmer months, but it was the middle of the winter and I just wanted to get the salt off. Learned my lesson. I take it to a true touchless wash in Cranberry in the winter now....haven't had any problems.
Old 12-01-10, 05:13 PM
chuckGS350
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone yet recieved their $500 parts and labor gift certificate from Lexus?
Not yet. It has been 5 weeks since I received the $1500 discount coupon toward the next Lexus purchase.
Old 12-01-10, 06:14 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chuckGS350
Not yet. It has been 5 weeks since I received the $1500 discount coupon toward the next Lexus purchase.
I just sent Lexus a nice note asking if they can expedite it so I can get a new ipod adapter and a 15k service before christmas.
Old 12-02-10, 06:38 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just sent Lexus a nice note asking if they can expedite it so I can get a new ipod adapter and a 15k service before christmas.
u have to wait 4-6 weeks after get the actual recall done,,then system forward it to pnc bank for process,,i been waitin to get the gift card so i could can another service done with recall but guess have to get the recall first,,,
Old 12-09-10, 07:14 AM
lexasgs400
Pole Position

Default made appt

Just called to make appointment and they said they don't have parts that I need to schedule for February. Does that sound right
Old 12-09-10, 08:04 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Lexus said they are in process of sending out the giftcards but gave no commitment on timing.

Said it doesn't just apply to Lexus oem parts but to anything the dealer sells.
Old 12-09-10, 08:46 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

c'mon lexus i need 500 right nowww,,,
Old 12-09-10, 06:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

very interesting how in some region the leap time is so "enormous"... i called and i could pretty much bring my car in any time...

Quick Reply: 270,000 FaultyLexus/Toyota Engines, potential recall (valve spring replacement)