GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Asanti wheels peeling

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-10, 03:50 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Asanti wheels peeling

I purchased a set of $8000.00 Asanti wheels at the end of last season, the paint started to peel slightly within the first 3 months I called the company that I bought my wheels from and the dealer they got the wheels from told me that there is no warranty on the paint work that they painted on the wheel. I was told that i can take them off and try to send them to Asanti and they may or may not choose to fix them. Does this sound like bull**** to anyone else but me? I wish I would walk out of my house tommorrow and the car was on bricks!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Asanti wheels peeling-wheel-peel.jpg  

Last edited by lkapimp216; 08-13-10 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-13-10, 04:44 PM
minnister
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YiKes.......that sucks.
Old 08-13-10, 04:53 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Was the wheel painted by Asanti or by the dealer? It's not clear given your choice of syntax.
Old 08-13-10, 04:57 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by batman75
Was the wheel painted by Asanti or by the dealer? It's not clear given your choice of syntax.
Asanti painted the wheels whats crazy is its only the front ones peeling the rears are fine!
Old 08-13-10, 06:22 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

$8000 for the wheels?
Old 08-13-10, 06:46 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by arnieosp
$8000 for the wheels?
That's my reaction!
Someone got ripped off!
I have learned my lesson about long distance purchases. Unless it's D2 Autosport, I'm buying local for better customer service.

8K for Asanti? I still can't believe my eyes.
Old 08-13-10, 06:58 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ice350
That's my reaction!
Someone got ripped off!
I have learned my lesson about long distance purchases. Unless it's D2 Autosport, I'm buying local for better customer service.

8K for Asanti? I still can't believe my eyes.
I actually played 4 or 5 different shops against eachother and got em for about a thousand less than anywhere else. Its an ELT wheel, I was just getting ready to say D2 autosport wheels are just as expensive, forgiato, trafficstar, etc......... I did buy my wheels local and the price would have been fine had the damn paint stayed on the wheel. If I had to do it over I would never pay that much for another wheel regardless of who makes it.
Old 08-13-10, 07:33 PM
TWong350

Dang...the most overpriced wheels EVER.
Old 08-13-10, 07:57 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
I actually played 4 or 5 different shops against eachother and got em for about a thousand less than anywhere else. Its an ELT wheel, I was just getting ready to say D2 autosport wheels are just as expensive, forgiato, trafficstar, etc......... I did buy my wheels local and the price would have been fine had the damn paint stayed on the wheel. If I had to do it over I would never pay that much for another wheel regardless of who makes it.
What's ELT. Lemme guess....elongated lips and ****.
Seriously, is that the extended lip wheel? Still a rip off.
You bought local and they won't stand behind the product they sold? I'd go crazy until they handle their business.
Old 08-13-10, 08:15 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

yeah you got it, the money isn t the issue the inconvience of having to send my wheels back out to hopefully get Asanti to fix something that was obviously defective on their end. and i ll never pay over a $1000 per wheel ever again I don t care who makes them, D2 forged included! Anyway the wheels are going to get sent out and if they don t fix em then I ll do whatever I have to do!
Old 08-13-10, 08:23 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Spending $8K shifts your TCO from GS territory to LS territory.

You should call Asanti, show them receipt and make them replace the wheel. If not, I suggest you spend the next 6 months going around all the forums and making people aware how **** these wheels are.

Very few aftermarket wheels are made to Lexus standards, and this proves it. It's terrible to spend $8K on wheels only to learn it makes your car worse.
Old 08-13-10, 08:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I dont think people understand how expensive Asantis can be. Especially for 22" and with custom paint work. I had a set of 20's that went for 5300 with no paint work and I had the shop price match the cheapest price I could find on the internet.

Unfortunatley I had a very negative experience with them as well. I ordered the wheels to be custom made. They took 4 weeks to come in and vibrated like crazy while driving. I took the car back to the shop 11 times before the measured the wheels and found that they wree out of round. They sent them back to Asanti and when they came back they were better but no where near perfect. I love the way the wheels look, the quality of the chrome was amazing, and even the center cap looked nicer than any wheel I have ever seen. To bad looks are decieving
Old 08-13-10, 09:01 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
Thats why when I raised hell and had my money refunded by the shop I ordered TSWs just like I had on my G35 before my GS. No issues at all. I also saved 1700
Old 08-13-10, 09:30 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Holy shmoly 8k thats 1/4 of ure cars value and its taking a shiet on u. U better have them fix it or something for the amount spend.
Old 08-13-10, 09:33 PM
LexFather

Sorry to hear. I've said for years Asanti is simply overpriced bling crap no matter their price. THey have a great marketing team and their buyers usually don't know squat about cars but they have money to burn.

I would contact Asanti directly and explain to them the issue, they may do a goodwill adjustment or something. Also put some pressure on the seller that if they don't assist you then you will put them on blast for not backing up a product they sell.

Not even a 1 year warrenty? What does your paperwork say?

Quick Reply: Asanti wheels peeling