GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tuckin HRE 22s....

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-10, 09:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
I'm not scared. I just think it's in poor taste to cut up the fenders. 22's just don't fit. Just like I tell the boost junky's...it needs to be done right. If someone wants 22's, they should get their fenders professionally refabricated. Yes, I'm talking about spending money to do the thing right. You'll hear my tune change bigtime when I see someone step up.
I think all of us will agree that he did it right........100% right
Old 09-06-10, 06:38 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I think all of us will agree that he did it right........100% right
What............how do you know that. We need more info to agree on anything other than it looks alright. Even that is not in 100% agreement because some think its hot.
Until we know if there is any rubbing, tire shredding, fender wrinkling or any other issues, you can't say that its done right.
U just wanted to make a comment and didn't think before your fingers hit the keyboard.
Unless u know something we don't.
Old 09-06-10, 09:32 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hahaha people are suckers for those HRE,,,
Old 09-06-10, 04:34 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not scared. I just think it's in poor taste to cut up the fenders. 22's just don't fit. Just like I tell the boost junky's...it needs to be done right. If someone wants 22's, they should get their fenders professionally refabricated. Yes, I'm talking about spending money to do the thing right. You'll hear my tune change bigtime when I see someone step up.
Im pretty sure that almost every VIP car you sweat with 20s on them has had fender mods, as long as they re done properly so that there is no rust issues down the road whats your issue with them its not like you can tell from looking at the car that there fender mods aren t up to par!!! Matter of fact just about everytime I see you post something you have something negative to say. I think your just a hater!!! I personally think your cars wheels look too small and look bland. Some of us like to think outside of the box and try not to bite off things that have been done thousands of times.
Old 09-06-10, 04:38 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LIMS407
hahaha people are suckers for those HRE,,,
I sense some envy.

Car looks great, I'm surprised your still doing stuff to the car. How many sets of wheels have been on your car since you got it?? 6...8?
Old 09-06-10, 04:43 PM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

that is one awesome GS...
Old 09-06-10, 05:55 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
I sense some envy.

Car looks great, I'm surprised your still doing stuff to the car. How many sets of wheels have been on your car since you got it?? 6...8?
envy?? not following what u said afterwords but if u check my comment earlier i said how nice car was and the grill,,,my thing is every time someone post their ride with 22s people hate top to the bottom but with this car nothing but love since its HREs,,,i understand kits and stance but 22s are 22s,,,take lkapimp216's ride for example,,,its chrome and 22s, i know for fact most members here dont like that,,,believe me, not hatin just stating my opinion,,,
Old 09-06-10, 06:04 PM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

I love it, BALLIN!
Old 09-06-10, 07:00 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

I still prefer 20's but can appreciate making the 22's fit. Well done.... It doesn't look bad thats for sure.
Old 09-06-10, 07:44 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
Im pretty sure that almost every VIP car you sweat with 20s on them has had fender mods, as long as they re done properly so that there is no rust issues down the road whats your issue with them its not like you can tell from looking at the car that there fender mods aren t up to par!!! Matter of fact just about everytime I see you post something you have something negative to say. I think your just a hater!!! I personally think your cars wheels look too small and look bland. Some of us like to think outside of the box and try not to bite off things that have been done thousands of times.
If you consider "done properly" as slicing, cutting, pulling or rolling the metal of your car I don't agree. That's not hating but that's how I see it. I'm definitely not telling anyone what they can do to their car but this is a public forum and if I believe cutting up a Lexus is poor taste, I will say it. I think 20's look classy. If u think they look bland, that's your business. I won't call u a hater for your viewpoint. I have more class than that....and that's the way I try to do things...with class and good taste.
It's not always about how much it costs either......but the choices instead. Some of my clothes were bought at discount but I get compliments every day at work for being a nice dresser. U don't have to spend the most to look good but selection has to be good. Some of my clothes are very expensive but look no better than somrthing I got cheaply. It's about doing it right.....which sometimes costs much more. Whatever it takes.

I'll take the hater label if that makes you feel better. Whatever I can do to help.

Last edited by Ice350; 09-06-10 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-06-10, 08:27 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LIMS407
envy?? not following what u said afterwords but if u check my comment earlier i said how nice car was and the grill,,,my thing is every time someone post their ride with 22s people hate top to the bottom but with this car nothing but love since its HREs,,,i understand kits and stance but 22s are 22s,,,take lkapimp216's ride for example,,,its chrome and 22s, i know for fact most members here dont like that,,,believe me, not hatin just stating my opinion,,,
ohhh ok, misunderstood you. I agree, but in this case he did do it right and lower it properly. Usually we see 22s looking DONKS! That's the problem as to why everyone looks down on it.

As for cutting/shaving... who cares. It's a car just like a civic at the end of the day. If your worrying about rolling and cutting things on your car, leave it alone. In all honesty, when most people see my car they think everything was done "properly" till you look closer or I point it out.
Old 09-06-10, 09:01 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

For me personally, I don't like the wheels but with that said they look good on this car. What really gets my attention is the fact that they are 22" and tucked. The stance is close to what my car looks like on 20". I say (and I think most agree) he nailed it on that. I think this is what I8ABMR is stating. Over all the car looks good.
Also I don't think anyone here believes that there isn't any rubbing issues or fenders weren't shaved to accomplish this.
I ride 20" and have had issues only because I have chosen to ride on tires that are out of spec, I have more aggressive offset wheels and I am trying to achieve as low a stance as possible on coilovers. Now I don't know if there is a "proper" way of achieving this than the route I have taken but for the most part (like EK9 stated) people can't tell I've done work to the fenders etc, etc.....until I point it out.

Likewise there are probably members here who look at what I've done to my car and think that is not something you do to a lexus.....riding 20" and lowered what is he thinking (lol)...... In the end it's what you like
Old 09-07-10, 02:03 AM
avfs313
Driver School Candidate

Damn!!! It looks nice!!!
Old 09-07-10, 05:20 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

If you consider "done properly" as slicing, cutting, pulling or rolling the metal of your car I don't agree. That's not hating but that's how I see it. I'm definitely not telling anyone what they can do to their car but this is a public forum and if I believe cutting up a Lexus is poor taste, I will say it. I think 20's look classy. If u think they look bland, that's your business. I won't call u a hater for your viewpoint. I have more class than that....and that's the way I try to do things...with class and good taste.
It's not always about how much it costs either......but the choices instead. Some of my clothes were bought at discount but I get compliments every day at work for being a nice dresser. U don't have to spend the most to look good but selection has to be good. Some of my clothes are very expensive but look no better than somrthing I got cheaply. It's about doing it right.....which sometimes costs much more. Whatever it takes.

I'll take the hater label if that makes you feel better. Whatever I can do to help.
not to bust your ***** but we get it. you dont like 22s we all know this. if the op is happy with it then let it be.
Old 09-07-10, 05:40 AM
Evoked
Rookie

I have to admit that the car looks pretty damn good with that stance and the kit helped it achieve the look a whole LOT

Quick Reply: Tuckin HRE 22s....