GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS 350 LED Turn Signal Hyper Flash Fix

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-11, 06:32 PM
CAK 500
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to go off-topic, but Renat ... what grille is that?
Old 02-18-11, 01:59 AM
pwrusr
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks for the good info
Old 03-28-12, 12:33 AM
mlooook
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kind of grill is that???
Old 03-28-12, 01:45 PM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

I know I'm extremely late to the discussion, but I just wanted to mention that a flasher does exist that will provide the lock/unlock confirmation lights as well as deal with the fast flashing of low-resistance LED turn signal bulbs.

I got mine from a company called Think Design in Japan. (http://www.think-design.jp/led_bulb_top.html) It wasn't cheap though. It cost me about $250 USD to get the four LED bulbs and the flasher. It would be much much cheaper to use a resistor and/or use the V-LED flasher, but using this kit allows for the confirmation lights when locking/unlocking, doesn't cause any increase in heat in strange areas of the car, and is completely plug and play.

Anyway, just wanted to let CL know that you can get a flasher that keeps it basically OEM but it will cost you...

And I am still looking for the brightest amber 7440 LED turn signal bulb on the market. I see some Cree Q5-based bulbs with 20 SMDs on the side but I have no clue how it would compare to the bulb I have now. Here's a link to the bulb I'm somewhat interested in: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/51...5050_auto.html

Anyone have any experience with that style of bulb? (There are a ton of Chinese manufacturers that make that exact same bulb...)

Last edited by RudeDoggy; 03-28-12 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-28-12, 02:31 PM
On3racing
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cree led

Originally Posted by RudeDoggy
I know I'm extremely late to the discussion, but I just wanted to mention that a flasher does exist that will provide the lock/unlock confirmation lights as well as deal with the fast flashing of low-resistance LED turn signal bulbs.

I got mine from a company called Think Design in Japan. (http://www.think-design.jp/<br /> <..._bulb_top.html) It wasn't cheap though. It cost me about $250 USD to get the four LED bulbs and the flasher. It would be much much cheaper to use a resistor and/or use the V-LED flasher, but using this kit allows for the confirmation lights when locking/unlocking, doesn't cause any increase in heat in strange areas of the car, and is completely plug and play.

Anyway, just wanted to let CL know that you can get a flasher that keeps it basically OEM but it will cost you...

And I am still looking for the brightest amber 7440 LED turn signal bulb on the market. I see some Cree Q5-based bulbs with 20 SMDs on the side but I have no clue how it would compare to the bulb I have now. Here's a link to the bulb I'm somewhat interested in: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/51...5050_auto.html

Anyone have any experience with that style of bulb? (There are a ton of Chinese manufacturers that make that exact same bulb...)

My friend has that in white on his scion and its bright as hell looking directly at it. So, amber should be OK. Don't worry, you're gonna blind the cars across the intersection looking at you.
Old 03-28-12, 04:03 PM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by On3racing
My friend has that in white on his scion and its bright as hell looking directly at it. So, amber should be OK. Don't worry, you're gonna blind the cars across the intersection looking at you.
My concern isn't really visibility at night, since the LEDs I have now are more than adequate. I'm more concerned about during the daytime, since I know when it's sunny outside, it gets harder to see. The other problem with LED lights is that they're unidirectional whereas incandescent lights are omnidirectional. So while they might be bright in one direction, it may not necessarily be bright in all directions...

But good to hear that your friend has the bulbs I referenced and they're bright. I may consider picking up some of these bulbs. Unfortunately, the only place I can find 7440 bulbs in amber is from alibaba and the manufacturers on that website require minimum orders and they basically sketch me out big time.
Old 03-28-12, 05:17 PM
On3racing
Rookie

My concern isn't really visibility at night, since the LEDs I have now are more than adequate. I'm more concerned about during the daytime, since I know when it's sunny outside, it gets harder to see. The other problem with LED lights is that they're unidirectional whereas incandescent lights are omnidirectional. So while they might be bright in one direction, it may not necessarily be bright in all directions...

But good to hear that your friend has the bulbs I referenced and they're bright. I may consider picking up some of these bulbs. Unfortunately, the only place I can find 7440 bulbs in amber is from alibaba and the manufacturers on that website require minimum orders and they basically sketch me out big time.
That bulb should be bright in all directions because it has the smd led around the bulb which will reflect of the housing reflector. If you get on with out the smd around it, than yea it'll be one directional.
Here's another place you can get it at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3BSpec-T20-7...2890ec&vxp=mtr

Good luck and post pics when you install them
Old 03-29-12, 10:34 AM
ashley1977
Driver

I got my Think Design LED kit last month, and I ordered the kit with two LED bulbs only (cost me $260 to ship it to SoCal). Because for what I can tell the LED bulbs from Think Design won't be bright enough for the daytime use so I replaced with four 7440 Platinum LED bulbs from V-LED.
Compare the LED bulbs from Think Design and V-LED, I will say V-LED's way brighter than Think Design's even at daytime still can see it well.
I would also like to know how the Cree one works please keep us updated!
GS 350 LED Turn Signal Hyper Flash Fix-dsc03212.jpg
Think Design LED kit with two LED bulbs
GS 350 LED Turn Signal Hyper Flash Fix-dsc03226.jpg
Think Design relay VS factory (Keep lock/unlock comfirmation lights)
GS 350 LED Turn Signal Hyper Flash Fix-dsc04203.jpg
V-LED Platinum 7440 bulb VS Think Design bulb
GS 350 LED Turn Signal Hyper Flash Fix-dsc04212.jpg
V-LED Platinum 7440 bulb very bright
Old 03-30-12, 10:44 PM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

I just placed an order with a Chinese company to get these made and sent to me. Hopefully in two weeks or so I'll have them. I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 04-15-12, 11:40 PM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

I've received the bulbs and I must say that I am quite satisfied with them. They are significantly brighter than the think-design bulbs and they are pretty much as bright as the stock incandescent bulbs. I've made a video clip comparing the Cree Q5 + 12 SMD LEDs vs. the think-design LEDs vs. stock incandescent bulbs. If you're interested in these bulbs, please PM me as I still have three pairs left.

Old 04-16-12, 06:44 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Check out this thread. A lot cheaper option.
Old 11-08-13, 12:44 PM
jmack2688
Driver

Did anyone else have trouble removing the front turn signals? Is there any tips or something? Iv'e been trying to twist these things out all day...
Old 11-10-13, 04:24 PM
huyqly
Driver

Jmack2688 I used a flat head and put some force on it and it came lose, took me About 30 minutes with no luck until I used a flat head for some leverage.
Old 11-10-13, 04:31 PM
huyqly
Driver

I've tried three different brand of flashers (2) from vleds and (1) from web electric and none will work with confirmation lock
Old 11-10-13, 04:57 PM
jmack2688
Driver

Originally Posted by huyqly
Jmack2688 I used a flat head and put some force on it and it came lose, took me About 30 minutes with no luck until I used a flat head for some leverage.
Thanks

Quick Reply: GS 350 LED Turn Signal Hyper Flash Fix