GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

ViasTech SL2iV and iPhone 4?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-10, 12:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

you shouldn't be using cd emulation. read carefully, you need to use mp3 emulation. mp3 is specific for gen5 nav so you can take advantage of the extended browsing

that's very likely why you are seeing no video on screen (of course make sure car in P and parking brake engaged)
Old 09-22-10, 11:15 AM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure why it's not outputting text, but rominl is probably right. Ipod should output video regardless of running TVOut or not. Make sure you're outputting to NTSC/Widescreen in TV Out under Settings>Ipod. Oh yeah like rominl said, if you didn't do the nav hack, make sure parking brake is engaged.
Old 09-22-10, 12:23 PM
duggy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, I switched to CD MP3 emulation mode and tried it just now. The ipod issue not showing text is now resolved but I am still having issues getting the video on the screen. I do not have the nav hack done so I depressed the ebrake and I still get no image on the screen, even from the iPod app.

I tried to reinstall TV2out again and it's still not functioning properly. I'm having such a hard time with this. mysteryan what iPhone firmware are you running? I have checked the TV Out settings and they are on to widescreen to NTSC.
Old 09-22-10, 04:44 PM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by duggy
Okay, I switched to CD MP3 emulation mode and tried it just now. The ipod issue not showing text is now resolved but I am still having issues getting the video on the screen. I do not have the nav hack done so I depressed the ebrake and I still get no image on the screen, even from the iPod app.

I tried to reinstall TV2out again and it's still not functioning properly. I'm having such a hard time with this. mysteryan what iPhone firmware are you running? I have checked the TV Out settings and they are on to widescreen to NTSC.
I'm on an iPhone 4 at 4.01. TVOut2 is irrelevant for now. A stock out of the box iPhone/Touch should still output video from the iPod app with no modifications or additional applications. I have used an iPhone 3G at 3.0-3.12 and an iPhone 3GS at 3.13. All with no problems at all. Trying leaving your iPhone plugged in before you turn on your car in case there's problems initializing. Are you sure you connected the SL2Vi cable to the display port at the top of the console? I think it's a blue port. It's squarish with between 2-4 pins in the connector. Not long and rectangular like the plugs you plugged into the radio section.
Old 09-22-10, 06:52 PM
duggy
Rookie

Originally Posted by mysteryan
I'm on an iPhone 4 at 4.01. TVOut2 is irrelevant for now. A stock out of the box iPhone/Touch should still output video from the iPod app with no modifications or additional applications. I have used an iPhone 3G at 3.0-3.12 and an iPhone 3GS at 3.13. All with no problems at all. Trying leaving your iPhone plugged in before you turn on your car in case there's problems initializing. Are you sure you connected the SL2Vi cable to the display port at the top of the console? I think it's a blue port. It's squarish with between 2-4 pins in the connector. Not long and rectangular like the plugs you plugged into the radio section.
No! That's the missing link! I was super confused on that part so I decided not to connect that part. I will do that when I have some time. Thanks a lot mysteryan!
Old 09-23-10, 05:59 AM
duggy
Rookie

Originally Posted by mysteryan
mysteryan - you are the man! I followed a generic Vais installation tutorial and it did not list any steps for plugging the blue plug into the back of the console. I did this and TVout2 works GREAT! Is it possible we can get this added to the DIY FAQ thread? This would have helped me greatly when installing the SL2VI.

Thanks again bud.
Old 09-23-10, 11:15 AM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by duggy
mysteryan - you are the man! I followed a generic Vais installation tutorial and it did not list any steps for plugging the blue plug into the back of the console. I did this and TVout2 works GREAT! Is it possible we can get this added to the DIY FAQ thread? This would have helped me greatly when installing the SL2VI.

Thanks again bud.
No problem. Kinda funny you left some plugs unplugged though. Glad everything worked out. Now, you should consider the nav hack though. I'm sure you bumped into quite a few threads here on that.