GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Do CL members like these wheels???

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-10, 06:28 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Save your money and then buy Vossens if thats what you like better. IMO Vossens are very affordable and they have a great line up, the new unreleased stuff is even nicer looking.
Old 09-21-10, 09:52 PM
charmz
Lead Lap

they look, i dunno....... cheap, and too busy. and this is from a chrome fan.

the ridges in the dish look ugly as sin, and the plastic insert doesnt match the chrome.

Set #2 is alot nicer and doesnt look so cheap, and IMO would look better on your black/dark car

Last edited by charmz; 09-21-10 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-22-10, 01:08 AM
808LexGS
Driver

I agree with Charmz, the first set is def a no go. The chrome on those wheels do look cheap and would rather go with the 2nd set.
Old 09-22-10, 07:38 AM
jackballer
Driver

Thanks for the opinions. Sometimes it is so hard looking at all those rims in the shop and making a decision. I think I may just buy something that I see another member on here with that I like.....We live in differeant cities so im probably not going to end up running into him :-). That way I can be sure how they will look.
Old 09-22-10, 08:34 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you can always ask the photochop guru's to help you out....
Old 09-22-10, 08:35 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

never go to a shop and buy wheels. they are usually way over priced at those stores. your best bet is picking up a decent used set here or through the vendor section.
Old 09-22-10, 11:01 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to D2 Autosport they hooked me up on my deal!!!!

Last edited by lkapimp216; 09-22-10 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-22-10, 11:41 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

my eyes !!!!
Old 09-22-10, 06:42 PM
jav@vossen
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.vossenwheels.com

Old 09-23-10, 10:28 AM
jackballer
Driver

Ok...I think im getting close!! these for $1,800 rims and tires. What do you think???
Old 09-23-10, 10:29 AM
jackballer
Driver

Black and polished with chrome lip. 2 1/4 inch lip. 20 inch, 8.5 all the way around. 245/35/20
Old 09-23-10, 11:05 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you seem to like the multi-spoke look, eh? check out 1stlxs' for sale thread. he has very similar wheels much cheaper. not as aggressive on the offset though. the lips are not as big on his i don't think. even with shipping, they should be cheaper....
still not my cup o tea, but much better than the 1st you posted.
just a little advise - just because you want wheels, does not mean you should buy them. especially if you are unsure of exactly the direction you want to go. you have enough money to buy a decent wheel right now, without tires. why not wait until you find exactly what you want, and save while searching, instead of jumping on something that is priced where you want at this moment, that you may regret later. i know shelling out 3-4k for wheels and tires is a lot of $$$, but i can say from experience that you will be much happier, and in the long run will have spent less money.
i bought a set of wheels before i really understood the difference between 1/2/3 piece wheels as well as offset and the like. i also did not do the brand research i should have. i got a decent set of wheels, but ultimately, i am much happier with the more expensive set of 3pc i picked up used than i was with the brand new set of monoblocks i bought because i was impatient/impulsive and wanted a set of wheels. i just had to start modding the car as soon as i bought it to keep up with all the 'Jones's" here on CL this forum is a great place for advise as well as info, but it does suck to have all of these beautiful cars as motivation at times. lol. just my 2cents...GL
Old 09-23-10, 11:19 AM
austinGS
Rookie

Yikes! No. Sorry.
Old 09-23-10, 11:35 AM
jackballer
Driver

Originally Posted by ryan78
you seem to like the multi-spoke look, eh? check out 1stlxs' for sale thread. he has very similar wheels much cheaper. not as aggressive on the offset though. the lips are not as big on his i don't think. even with shipping, they should be cheaper....
still not my cup o tea, but much better than the 1st you posted.
just a little advise - just because you want wheels, does not mean you should buy them. especially if you are unsure of exactly the direction you want to go. you have enough money to buy a decent wheel right now, without tires. why not wait until you find exactly what you want, and save while searching, instead of jumping on something that is priced where you want at this moment, that you may regret later. i know shelling out 3-4k for wheels and tires is a lot of $$$, but i can say from experience that you will be much happier, and in the long run will have spent less money.
i bought a set of wheels before i really understood the difference between 1/2/3 piece wheels as well as offset and the like. i also did not do the brand research i should have. i got a decent set of wheels, but ultimately, i am much happier with the more expensive set of 3pc i picked up used than i was with the brand new set of monoblocks i bought because i was impatient/impulsive and wanted a set of wheels. i just had to start modding the car as soon as i bought it to keep up with all the 'Jones's" here on CL this forum is a great place for advise as well as info, but it does suck to have all of these beautiful cars as motivation at times. lol. just my 2cents...GL
Yeah I know...you know how it is when you have money burning a hole in your pocket! I like big lips..I hope 2 1/4 lip is enough. I have AWD so dont want to stagger my ride. Not a lot of ballers here in indiana that are doing it the way I want to so its hard to figure it all out. Looking at a set of MRR GT1 rims also. Hope whatever I get will be ok without the drop.
Old 09-23-10, 03:51 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jackballer
Yeah I know...you know how it is when you have money burning a hole in your pocket! I like big lips..I hope 2 1/4 lip is enough. I have AWD so dont want to stagger my ride. Not a lot of ballers here in indiana that are doing it the way I want to so its hard to figure it all out. Looking at a set of MRR GT1 rims also. Hope whatever I get will be ok without the drop.
jackballer, as others have suggested, go with reputable jdm name brands like Work, SSR, etc. do your research and get it done right the first time. not only will your ride look great, you won't regret your choice.

Quick Reply: Do CL members like these wheels???