GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Pissed off with my GS350 (rant)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-10 | 10:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by passnu2
^I sat in a used LS460l at the dealer I was very tempted to hand them my keys and leave. I never thought I would like larger cars but this car was calling my name when I sat in it

Any reason you got rid of yours in the past? Just not the right time or did you have some issues with it
drive one for 20 mins and you see for yourself if that's a car for you. the ls460l is freaking nice, very comfortable, much quieter. however, it's a boat. i am not talking about the handling, but the drive. totally disconnected, no road feel, like driving a boat. so i lost a lot of fun driving. when i jumped in the gs350, i actually thought it's a very fun drive!

so at that time i said the ls460l wasn't for me, maybe another 10-15 years.

the car itself is solid, though to be honest in terms of the build quality i think the ls430 was still better

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
Henry is time to get a SUV, better yet a new Swagger wagon Sienna SE.. I'm pretty sure your wife will love it I can already be yelling "soccer mom" haha
hahahaa, tommy, when ritsa sees this she is going to kick you big time. suv is for sure (just a matter of when), but minivan....

Originally Posted by austinGS
My girlfriend says that bottom enhancement kits do exist. Maybe that's the answer.... lets looks up Sewell parts!

Sorry....could not resist!
lol, someone finds that!
Old 09-25-10 | 11:13 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
drive one for 20 mins and you see for yourself if that's a car for you. the ls460l is freaking nice, very comfortable, much quieter. however, it's a boat. i am not talking about the handling, but the drive. totally disconnected, no road feel, like driving a boat. so i lost a lot of fun driving. when i jumped in the gs350, i actually thought it's a very fun drive!
LS460 sport is supposed to be better, but I think the problem with all these bigger cars is too much weight to carry round corners.
Old 09-25-10 | 02:35 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

in the future do what I do. Leave the Lexus at home and order a car service to pick your guests up. Its more impressive and comfortable than a dropped GS350 with a tiny trunk. Its only $150 ( both pick and drop off included). I did this with the in laws and they loved it and I didnt have to get off my butt and head to the airport. Its also great for vacations to the islands when I dont want to leave my cars at the airport sitting there for a week collecting dust

Worse case take the Lex but leave the wife at the house for added room
Old 09-25-10 | 03:00 PM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Worse case take the Lex but leave the wife at the house for added room
lol, I love this one... best excuse to leave the wifey home watching the house...
Old 09-25-10 | 03:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by batman75
LS460 sport is supposed to be better, but I think the problem with all these bigger cars is too much weight to carry round corners.
if i get a car in the 7/s/ls segment, i probably don't care that much about the driving feedback part anyway. that's why i think it was too early for me to get the car, rather than the car not what i want.

but if you talk about handling, even the ls460l is actually extremely capable. i have sat in one driven by race car driver, and i have taken the 600hl on the laguna sega, so i know what the car can do. it has more lean, but man, it can hang crazy. knowing how the ls460l drive, i actually dusted quite a few cars with driving skills
Old 09-25-10 | 03:35 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

if i get a car in the 7/s/ls segment, i probably don't care that much about the driving feedback part anyway. that's why i think it was too early for me to get the car, rather than the car not what i want.

but if you talk about handling, even the ls460l is actually extremely capable. i have sat in one driven by race car driver, and i have taken the 600hl on the laguna sega, so i know what the car can do. it has more lean, but man, it can hang crazy. knowing how the ls460l drive, i actually dusted quite a few cars with driving skills
How did you get these opportunities?
Old 09-25-10 | 04:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by batman75
How did you get these opportunities?
it was just opportunities one after another. back a few years, bmw, mb, lexus, and audi they had a lot of driving events throughout the years. but since 2008, coz' of the economy slump, a lot of these have are gone or become special invite only. so again knowing certain people will help.

ls460l driven by race car driver was at a lexus event just happened they were doing hot laps

ls600hl at laguna sega was a special event on isf and they had these cars for people to drive
Old 09-25-10 | 04:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

oh and sigh... after mike's WARNINGS, i decided to take down my freaking graco stroller with my wife and tried to put in the freaking trunk...

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! unless i flip the stroller upside down with wheels facing up and risk getting myself all dirty, there is no way i can stick the damn thing in it!!!! this time it's the opening being too small and the stroller being too "thick" to go in

man, this is really brilliant.
Old 09-25-10 | 04:55 PM
Neo
The One

Just face it Henry. Time for a utility vehicle.
Old 09-25-10 | 05:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Neo
Just face it Henry. Time for a utility vehicle.
sigh, really, i was hoping to save a few bucks
Old 09-25-10 | 07:43 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

oh and sigh... after mike's WARNINGS, i decided to take down my freaking graco stroller with my wife and tried to put in the freaking trunk...

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! unless i flip the stroller upside down with wheels facing up and risk getting myself all dirty, there is no way i can stick the damn thing in it!!!! this time it's the opening being too small and the stroller being too "thick" to go in

man, this is really brilliant.

this is why I have put all of 4k miles on the GS in ~ 2 years. I will say that stroller is a PITA period....We gave ours to a needy family. We thought it was going to be great and let me tell you Better to get a smaller one. It will make it easier for both of you.
Old 09-25-10 | 09:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by passnu2

this is why I have put all of 4k miles on the GS in ~ 2 years. I will say that stroller is a PITA period....We gave ours to a needy family. We thought it was going to be great and let me tell you Better to get a smaller one. It will make it easier for both of you.
the one we have is travel system, designed for kids under a yr old so we are stuck with it for a year. but for sure my wife is glad that you reminded me to test it out!!!!!

you can only imagine how unpleasant my wife is with the gs350 now, hahhaa...
Old 09-25-10 | 11:43 PM
Dema
Pole Position

Maybe the suitcases were oversized? I could fit two easily. Anyway, back seat of M3 has no leg room, so you did right choosing Lexus.
Old 09-26-10 | 04:31 AM
AndyUK
Rookie

Maybe just add a towbar and a box trailer.
I would love to see photos of that plus you proudly showing all the stuff you can get in it..
Old 09-26-10 | 05:26 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ roflmao.....

Quick Reply: Pissed off with my GS350 (rant)