GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

How do I keep the audio screen up without having to push the button?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-10, 08:10 AM
drexel99
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I keep the audio screen up without having to push the button?

I did a search and found a few threads on it, but no answers. Here is the issue - I want the audio screen to stay on unless I choose another screen. Right now whenever I make a call, or put the car in reverse and then drive, the screen defaults back to navigation (or nothing if I have navigation turned off). This is really annoying and doesn't make sense to me. I don't use navigation every day, but I always have my radio on.

Is there any way to change settings so that the audio screen stays on even after making a call or putting the car into reverse? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 09-27-10, 06:49 PM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

No, there is not.
Old 09-27-10, 08:33 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its just a button away? I mean its like complaining that keyboard has each letter on one key instead of 3 letters on 1 key. The audio screen is useless anyways once u start driving most of the features are disabled, like folders and multiple track names on mp3 cd's.
Old 09-27-10, 08:50 PM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

i think theres a setting in the menus. It's like "keep same screen.... blah. blah". just gotta look for it
Old 09-27-10, 09:23 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its not that big of a deal to reach over and push the button is it really?
Old 09-28-10, 02:44 AM
duggy
Rookie

Not sure about the Gen4 navi but I have Gen 5 navi and if you go to your screen settings you will find an option for defaulting back to the map screen after switching to audio, climate etc.... you can either turn this option on or off. On my Gen 5 nav you can also switch the keyboard to a qwerty keyboard instead.
Old 09-28-10, 03:50 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 468 Likes on 290 Posts

I would love to get rid of that contract I need to agree to everytime I start the car! It's my car, I don't need to sign a contract every time I get in it damnit!!!!
Old 09-28-10, 04:04 AM
duggy
Rookie

Originally Posted by designo
I would love to get rid of that contract I need to agree to everytime I start the car! It's my car, I don't need to sign a contract every time I get in it damnit!!!!
if you get the sl2vi it will automatically bypass this for you. im sure lexus put this in so they will not get sued for idiots using the navi while driving and causing a huge accident.
Old 09-28-10, 05:01 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 468 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by duggy
if you get the sl2vi it will automatically bypass this for you. im sure lexus put this in so they will not get sued for idiots using the navi while driving and causing a huge accident.
You can't anyways! Only when the vehicle is stationary!
Old 09-28-10, 08:49 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

newer version of the nav doesn't take care of this? for us spec cars 7.1 or above there is no i agree anymore
Old 09-28-10, 10:18 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

+1

Also the cell messages while backing up. I want to see the whole view of the camera. When a message pops up it block the view. Especially when I start the car and back out when my cellphone connect message pops up.

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
Its not that big of a deal to reach over and push the button is it really?
Yes it is a big deal when one hand holding cell phone to text, 2nd hand hold coffee, left legs holding the steering wheel to keep the car driving strait, right leg press on the gas. So you see, U ran out of body parts to press that button.

This is also why people cannot use the freakin turn signal anymore. Is it so hard to flip a finger to activate that turn signal? U don't even need to move your arm, it's right there at your finger tip.
Old 09-28-10, 10:24 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should have 2 hand on the steering wheel at all times. I don't follow that neither but txting while driving is horrible.
Old 09-28-10, 10:43 AM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
newer version of the nav doesn't take care of this? for us spec cars 7.1 or above there is no i agree anymore
Newer nav DVD that released after 7.1 fixed this. Instead of having it so that you have to press Agree, it just shows the warning screen at the start and disappears to the map. I know this from the upgrade on the IS to 9.1
Old 09-28-10, 12:23 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
I still get the I Agree and I think I have 9.1 or something like that. Maybe because I'm gen 4 navi That part doesnt bother me its that they have the system locked down.

I have an IS loaner and I like the new system but it seems very slow. I also noticed there is an "SOS" button so I assume similar to On-Star? I was going to push it to find out Navi still locks out in motion.

OP I thought this was an option on my IS so that it wouldnt go directly back to the navi screen. I would assume you can change the setting on your GS also but I honestly never tried with mine and hardly use it.
Old 09-28-10, 02:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

correct, it's only for gen5 unfortunately

Quick Reply: How do I keep the audio screen up without having to push the button?