GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Sold the Acura TL and bought a Lexus GS 350..What a CAR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-10, 05:42 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Acura was a very nic car man how much did you sell it for ? I am sure like others have said before, you will be and are much happier with ur GS I love that car aswell
Old 09-29-10, 06:12 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to see you upgrade from the Honda.. the GS is a much better big boy car. Too many young kids riding in Acuras and mostly those specific TL's. Once reason I couldn't drive a Honda or Acura.. I cant get into the honda/acrua crowd... their kinda lame IMO lol.

But your going to love this car..better built more luxury and RWD. I wonder what you will do to it.... hmmmmmm
Old 09-29-10, 06:19 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
Nice to see you upgrade from the Honda.. the GS is a much better big boy car. Too many young kids riding in Acuras and mostly those specific TL's. Once reason I couldn't drive a Honda or Acura.. I cant get into the honda/acrua crowd... their kinda lame IMO lol.

But your going to love this car..better built more luxury and RWD. I wonder what you will do to it.... hmmmmmm
The GS is in a different class than the TL no need to put the TL down by calling it Honda everyone knows Honda makes Acura and Toyota make Lexus. The majority of 3G TL's I see around here are driven by middle age people. I will admit I don't browse the Acura Forums much because I can't really get into bragging about intakes and expensive exhaust systems but the TL is a well built car for what it is.
Old 09-29-10, 07:49 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the club and look like you are off to a good start.
Old 09-29-10, 10:13 AM
KevGS460ML
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the club from another ex-Acurazine member here! That is great work you have done to your GS so far...I am envious!
Old 09-29-10, 11:50 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome and congrats! Boy you drive a lot.

I used to own a TL as well! Back in the day when it was still acura-tl.com hehe.
Old 09-29-10, 02:32 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Yang1815

I used to own a TL as well! Back in the day when it was still acura-tl.com hehe.
yeah when we were young!
Old 09-29-10, 04:26 PM
GinoC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the upgrade! You got the best color for the GS!

With 215k miles on the TL, how much were you able to sell it for? My cousin back in Jersey has an 04 TL with 140k and I thought that was a lot!
Old 09-29-10, 05:02 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wish i got ***** to take out car parts like that,,
once again congrats on the new car,,btw genesis is better car hahaha
Old 09-30-10, 06:42 PM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
Congrats on the GS, I'm on AZ also with same name and remember reading up on your threads, how much did you sell the TL for if you don't mind me asking.
Great minds think alike! I didn't sell the car.....I feel like I gave it away! I did a KBB and found it to be worth just north of 9 grand. I ended up putting it on the net for a quick sale at 8 grand and got that in the first call. The phone lit up for the next couple of days with upset people....Oh well, I moved on and the car went to a good home in another garage.

Originally Posted by passnu2
I like your style!! No messing around. This car is going to be modded before we can all get back on here

You had a very sharp TL. Acura really made it hard to beat that body style. But nothing beats RWD
Thank you sir This one isn't going to modded any where near the TL. I am enjoying the nice quiet smooth ride without worring about clearing half the driveways or roads. It feels great to drive an everyday car!

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas

Well, I enjoy all Japanese well built, well engineered cars regardless of who drives them. I loved that TL and it showed....I made a lot of great friends in the process of owning the car and I have a lot of respect for people who work hard and can afford a TL. I will agree with you that it is a Honda.....The Lexus is a Toyota.......Both are great, great cars! The GS is a big boy car and I am glad to be an owner of one.

Originally Posted by cherplex
The GS is in a different class than the TL no need to put the TL down by calling it Honda everyone knows Honda makes Acura and Toyota make Lexus. The majority of 3G TL's I see around here are driven by middle age people. I will admit I don't browse the Acura Forums much because I can't really get into bragging about intakes and expensive exhaust systems but the TL is a well built car for what it is.
Well said!

Originally Posted by KevGS460ML
Welcome to the club from another ex-Acurazine member here! That is great work you have done to your GS so far...I am envious!
Envious? I am envious of your GS 460.......HOT!!! I have made a mark on that site over the past three years and it was a blast......Glad to be in something new!

Originally Posted by Yang1815

Thanks! I never knew it was called that back in the day. 60k per year is a lot.....That means I will have 100k by next year. At least I don't have to change a timing belt.....Gotta love Toyota and there timing chains!

I just got the valve spring recall letter in the mail so I'm going to have that done in the next week or two.

Thanks for all the warm welcome fellas! It goes a long way in my book.
Old 10-01-10, 11:58 AM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to CL & your new GS. Indeed organization is key to success!
Old 10-02-10, 08:05 AM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

I was sent a PM asking for a picture of where I mounted my radar detector so I thought I would post it here if anyone else was asking....

Nothing special and I need to get a mount that doesn't rattle as much. My last car, I was able to mount it above the mirror and the mirror held mosty of it but this one isn't the same degree.

Name:  IMG_7763.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  96.7 KB
Old 10-02-10, 10:48 AM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice GS... I like your custom work on the car... Makes it look very unique and very OEM... Congrats and welcome to CL...
Old 10-02-10, 10:59 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

I am speechless. Amazing work - all of it! Thank you for sharing and enjoy the GS.
Old 10-02-10, 01:32 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

wow this is so cool. Excellent work already! The TL is clean too!!

Quick Reply: Sold the Acura TL and bought a Lexus GS 350..What a CAR!!!