GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Sold the Acura TL and bought a Lexus GS 350..What a CAR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-11, 07:52 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

First of all, I have never seen that Acura before. I think it looks awesome! Why can't we get those cars here?

Secondly, I am extremely impressed with the works you have carried out on your GS. Well done and congrats on a gorgeous car!
Old 07-09-11, 02:01 AM
06ausiecar
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My family had a 2005 TL full a-spec. Um.... The car was nice but not all that. Mpg terrible. All highway barely broke 23. My gto get 26 hwy with a tune. 29 when stock. The gs430 25. I filled up three times going from Cincinnati to gatlinburg (my house to the condo) in the TL only once in the GS. I was on e tho in the GS by the time I pulled in the driveway in gatlinburg tho. Ride quality sucked in the TL so did the materials used inside but our family is/was use to Lexus pre TL. Handling wasn't confident in turns or rain and snow.. What a joke. It sat. I had the same tires in my es300 (toyo's) it went everywhere the TL went no where in little snow. Glad your experience was better. That's all I'm going to say about that. You'll love the Lexus not just like it and chances are you won't go back to a Acura. Hope all goes well with the new ride and keep her clean. I also didn't mean to rip on Honda was just stating my experience. I told people if we didn't own Lexus cars before the TL it would have been a better car but we were use to the Toyota quality ride and materials.
Old 07-10-11, 07:33 AM
JaytdotP
Driver

I also came from a 04 TL modded up, was on the acurazine forum. now im with a GS!
Old 07-10-11, 10:50 PM
CO_GS350
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome. Beautiful car. You may be on to something with the embroidering on the straps. I would imagine others would be interested in the same. Makes me miss my GS dearly, I like the RX but it is nothing like the GS.. Enjoy!
Old 07-10-11, 11:27 PM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great thread, i love your perfectionism. Reminds me of myself lol. Gorgeous car!!
Old 07-12-11, 06:29 PM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
it's amazing how many ex tl owners i have seen moving on to the gs -- me included
It makes sense if you look at it. The GS is just the next step up. They're both great cars in so many ways.

Originally Posted by energie8
Came from 08 TL-S, boring as hell...or maybe it's just me, but yeah since I have the GS, it's like I've fallen in love again.
TL-S boring? I wouldn't classify it as boring.....front wheel drive.....yes. 37k new......yes. It's a good car for the money!

Originally Posted by vMDaNk
I'm glad I chose the gs because now I love it.....

I thought I was the only one... I actually drove the 2010 Tl same color with all the other cars I test drove... I love the inside but I hate the appearance on the outside.... A lot people tell me it will grow on me after awhile but the exterior never had.... And it only had 3k for 30k same price I bought my 3g gs...
And while driving the 2010 TL I still couldn't get over the gs
The new 2010 TL just didn't do it for me like the GS did. I wish the Acura brand went a different route with the TL but they really killed the signature look of the entire brand. The cars are always going to be well built....I just wish I could say the same for the style

Originally Posted by Oneflyguy
I too came from an 04 WDP TL. What I don't understand (and HRDave this is not directed to you but to everyone who came from a TL) is why everyone thinks the GS is in a "different world."
I just couldn't get over the exterior look of the GS, it is gorgeous, so I bought one. But the interior? I can't believe how uninspired the interior is on this GS. It feels as if it were designed for a 60 year old man (no offense to 60 year old men). In fact, I think the interior of the TL is better. And what really put me over the edge on this interior is when I requested an IS350 for a loaner when I went in for maintenance....that interior blows away the GS's.

Come on guys, give the TL its much deserved credit. It is a great car and at best, marginally better compared to the GS.
I think the interior of our cars aren't too bad. I like all the buttons confined to the left corner while others spread nicely across the remaining part of the car. Big console in the middle with leather and wood wrapped around from door panel, to door panel.......Sounds like a pretty nice place to be!!

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
congrats on the new car, looking great! does the F-sport air filter do anything? any HP gains or better MPG? are those gs430 wheels or were they optional on the 07 gs350?
No gains in HP or MPG will ever be had from any suspension upgrade but she looks ten miles an hour faster standing still sporting the new stance

The wheels came with the 350 cars in 2007 when you checked the options that my car came with. Rear sunshade, ML, Park assist.

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
niice upgrade man, your TL looked great too, i dont kno how recent those pics of it were, but it looked clean as hell for having over 200k...
Those pictures where mostly of the car towards the end of my ownership. She is a clean 215k car.

Originally Posted by HRDave
Eeeez OK Oneflyguy.

I loved my TL to the point I had her for 6 years and put 138,000 miles on her.
Had Acura not botched the Gen 4 TL, I probably would have been in another one. My NBP baby will go down in (my) history of outstanding automobiles. However, the stars were aligned, and when I sat in my new GS, I just loved the feel of it as opposed to my old TL.
I love the simplicity of the Gen 3 GS interior design. To me, it's more European in it's design philosophy. Simple, functional and beautiful. As for road noise? The two cars are worlds apart. The GS is incredibly quiet without feeling disconnected from the road.
My TL was much more agile in the twists & turns but the GS is no slouch. I have to admit that I was biased though, as I have always loved the GS. It's always been one of my all time favorite cars (next to the original SC's)
Oh yeah, I'll be 58 next month. Almost 60, but not yet.

Oh yeah.....Welcome aboard MMade22!
Yeah man! I know exactly what you're talking about!

Originally Posted by designo
First of all, I have never seen that Acura before. I think it looks awesome! Why can't we get those cars here?

Secondly, I am extremely impressed with the works you have carried out on your GS. Well done and congrats on a gorgeous car!
Thank you sir. I really loved the look of a A-spec TL with a drop and the right aspec wheels. Great looking car from every angle.

Originally Posted by 06ausiecar
My family had a 2005 TL full a-spec. Um.... The car was nice but not all that. Mpg terrible. All highway barely broke 23. My gto get 26 hwy with a tune. 29 when stock. The gs430 25. I filled up three times going from Cincinnati to gatlinburg (my house to the condo) in the TL only once in the GS. I was on e tho in the GS by the time I pulled in the driveway in gatlinburg tho. Ride quality sucked in the TL so did the materials used inside but our family is/was use to Lexus pre TL. Handling wasn't confident in turns or rain and snow.. What a joke. It sat. I had the same tires in my es300 (toyo's) it went everywhere the TL went no where in little snow. Glad your experience was better. That's all I'm going to say about that. You'll love the Lexus not just like it and chances are you won't go back to a Acura. Hope all goes well with the new ride and keep her clean. I also didn't mean to rip on Honda was just stating my experience. I told people if we didn't own Lexus cars before the TL it would have been a better car but we were use to the Toyota quality ride and materials.
I'm not sure what to say here. My wife and I have owned a 2004 RX for more than five years before getting this car and I always said, the RX was the best car I have ever bought. Toyota and Honda are two of the best built brands on the market. They both build outstanding cars. Driving an Acura as many miles as I did, I have nothing but great things to say about the Honda/Acura brand. BTW: I got a slight headache after reading your post.

Originally Posted by CO_GS350
Welcome. Beautiful car. You may be on to something with the embroidering on the straps. I would imagine others would be interested in the same. Makes me miss my GS dearly, I like the RX but it is nothing like the GS.. Enjoy!
The straps are used daily holding my tools secure in the corner. Best mod I ever did!

I've been flying to some of my jobs instead of driving so the miles are climbing but not as fast as the TL. Still, I just turned 88k and she is still looking young! Thanks for bringing this thread back to life. The GS is still the same car I thought it was......A smooth, quiet, mobile office.
Old 07-12-11, 07:11 PM
305is
Driver School Candidate

congrats...wasted no time to mod lol