GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

new paint job for 07 Lex GS

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-10 | 02:56 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Sorry bro, but in my opinion that color looks absolutely horrible on a luxury car such as the GS. No hard feeling I hope!
no hard feeling at all everyone is entitled to thier opinion.
Old 12-09-10 | 03:00 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by [0350]
I think you used to much green, should of kept the headlight surrounds chrome and the strip that runs along the door grey, also that grill is just so ricey.

I think the Bright green 3gs in Japan pulls off this colour nicely because he is running deep dish black rims with a full bumper replacment kit and it absolutely decked on the floor, whilst yours is the opposite.

The paint job quality looks excellent though, at least you had the guts to attempt something different state side though.
The grill is a carson grill and I plan on adding air in the future in the next couple of months. Plus I am still looking for wheels to replace my TSW. The job design kit he has would be on my car but it take 3 month to get one and I really did'nt want it, and this my car not someone in Japan. The door strips were the color of the car that why they got painted. It seems to me you always have something to say about everyone else car on here, but we never see your car posted up right lol.

Last edited by swtjlsy; 12-09-10 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-09-10 | 03:02 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Hey 350 I want to see what your car looks like post it up here.
Old 12-09-10 | 03:11 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

really like it,,,something unique and its nicely done paint job,,
how about paintin the rims black??
Old 12-09-10 | 03:14 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LIMS407
really like it,,,something unique and its nicely done paint job,,
how about paintin the rims black??
I know I need to do something was thinking of going chrome, but want a different look and I don't want anyone saying I trying to copy the green one from Japan([350]) I have something planned though just not sure of what to do.
Old 12-09-10 | 04:50 PM
johnnunez2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
No need to park so far away it just make people want to park next to your car anyways. I know it suck but unless I want it to jsut sit in the garage and never drive it them it going to get marks no matter what I do. I have a a couple cars that jsut sat in the garage and never drove them unless there was a show or I was'nt going to park it anywhere. I now reget it since I spent all of that money and never really was able to enjoy all the money and hard work I put in to them. sorry this car is getting driven everyday anywhere lol
if you park close the lazy people get to hit your car. lol all though you are right whenever i park far(everytime) 20% of the time ill come out to find a car right next to mine.luckily its usually a high end car. if you park close you should already know you will be hit. i will look on my computer and see if i find a pic of my car after i had it candied.
Old 12-09-10 | 04:59 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by johnnunez2
if you park close the lazy people get to hit your car. lol all though you are right whenever i park far(everytime) 20% of the time ill come out to find a car right next to mine.luckily its usually a high end car. if you park close you should already know you will be hit. i will look on my computer and see if i find a pic of my car after i had it candied.
sounds good would love to see it
Old 12-09-10 | 05:11 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
I know I need to do something was thinking of going chrome, but want a different look and I don't want anyone saying I trying to copy the green one from Japan([350]) I have something planned though just not sure of what to do.
people gonna hate regardless what u do,,
so what if u copy japan, car is fire,,,
Old 12-09-10 | 05:18 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LIMS407
people gonna hate regardless what u do,,
so what if u copy japan, car is fire,,,
Thanks I know people are going to hate and I jsut don't see why some A**hole has to make some dumb comment about I should have done my car. If you don't like it then fine you do'nt like it, If you do then great or want to share some ideas cool. Don't be a A**hole just BC you are one. That why I called him out.
Old 12-09-10 | 05:24 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Looks sick, can't wait to see what wheels you choose
Old 12-09-10 | 06:52 PM
beez43
Pole Position

yeah the guys on this particular sub forum is a bit more tame and conservative.. they think air is dumb and prefer mods that are bland.. sometimes its not worth contributing since youre gonna get sht on..
Old 12-09-10 | 07:55 PM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

I like it. Different and bold. Is that the Carson kit? I'm not really feeling the front end for some reason. Try changing out the front grill and pasti dip the headlight surrounds black.
Old 12-09-10 | 08:01 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by blacksedan
I like it. Different and bold. Is that the Carson kit? I'm not really feeling the front end for some reason. Try changing out the front grill and pasti dip the headlight surrounds black.
In not feeling that at all pastic dip is not my thing and i wanted something different not what everyone else has. The point was to be different.
Old 12-09-10 | 08:24 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

You know what? I normally hate seeing such luxury cars done up this way; i think donk when i see a gs in any candy color.

But this... this is NICE! I like it a lot. They're would be a couple of thing's i'd change. Like the headlight surrounds, but overall well done!

Also, with new wheels with more lip this will be bomb!
Old 12-09-10 | 08:38 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
You know what? I normally hate seeing such luxury cars done up this way; i think donk when i see a gs in any candy color.

But this... this is NICE! I like it a lot. They're would be a couple of thing's i'd change. Like the headlight surrounds, but overall well done!

Also, with new wheels with more lip this will be bomb!
thanks for the compliments the only reason I painted the headlight surounds were they were peeling the chrome was coming off and all chipped up. trying to get some work wheels and a air runner set up or some vossen wheels, but with xmas around the corner and just paying for the paint job car funds are a little low. I have big plans for next year and will keep everyone updated on the progress. Oh and it not candy it a factory OEM color.

Quick Reply: new paint job for 07 Lex GS