GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

new paint job for 07 Lex GS

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-10, 09:27 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MI350_55
Honestly, if you wanted to have your GS stand above the crowd, you definitely got it. I would probably remove the chrome trims and replace it with CF and go with black rims to top it off. Vote me in for "liking the new unique look." BTW, what body shop did you get this work done? I'll need a reference to get ours done too. Had some tree sap damage that penetrated the clear coat. PermaPlate was purchased for the vehicle, but they're disputing the claim. They're such a scam!
It a shop in modesto Called AVP The guys name is Victor. I already talked to him and he said anyone on CL that say the guy with the green lexus refered me he will take care of. He really does good work along with making sure you are happy with the job. If you need to the Number Pm me.
Old 12-11-10, 09:30 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jre002
You seem to get really defensive if someone doesn't like the color you chose. Lighten up, man. It's a forum, let people express their opinions. That having been said, I don't like the color you chose. I think, however that different wheels would make it look better. A loud color like that is enhanced with some sportier darker colored wheels and an agressive drop. So yeah, wheels wheels wheels wheels. Change the wheels and drop and you may have a winner on your hands. I agree with everyone else that the craftsmanship is spot on.

You taking it all wrong Bro after this one guy on here keep hammering on me about my car looking like someone else 10k miles away, I just got tried of it. Yes everyone is entitle to thier opinon as am I. With this being said I wish I could have a lambo in that color lol. Wheels are next but having a hard time find the right set.

Last edited by swtjlsy; 12-11-10 at 09:33 AM.
Old 12-11-10, 09:32 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jherb350
Now you need a personalized plate that says Kryptonite or Kryp2nit so you can fit it on the plate.

I'm not personally a fan of this color on the GS but think you can make it work. I agree that the chrome headlight soundings needed to be color match in your case since there isn't any other chrome up front anymore. I think painting the lower trim gloss black to match the roof will help break up some of the Green on the long door panels along with a set of black machined wheels.
I like everyone of these ideas and plan on the wheel thing just not sure which one I plan on doing
Old 12-12-10, 09:22 PM
ingoodtime
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Sorry bro, but in my opinion that color looks absolutely horrible on a luxury car such as the GS. No hard feeling I hope!
Originally Posted by [0350]
I think you used to much green, should of kept the headlight surrounds chrome and the strip that runs along the door grey, also that grill is just so ricey.

I think the Bright green 3gs in Japan pulls off this colour nicely because he is running deep dish black rims with a full bumper replacment kit and it absolutely decked on the floor, whilst yours is the opposite.

The paint job quality looks excellent though, at least you had the guts to attempt something different state side though.
Sorry to say I agree with the above posts. They did a super job but that green doesnt light my fire. However, it really doesn't matter what I like. As long as you are happy, that is what counts. I will say, you dropped lots a bucks!
Old 12-12-10, 09:39 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jherb350
Now you need a personalized plate that says Kryptonite or Kryp2nit so you can fit it on the plate.
I agree. This would be awesome. I would just go with Krypton or Emerald or Hornet
Old 12-13-10, 05:46 PM
[0350]
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
It seems to me you always have something to say about everyone else car on here, but we never see your car posted up right lol.

Hey 350 I want to see what your car looks like post it up here.
If you say so.. nothing special, not as modded as yours yet. =) I have alot of my parts just havent put them on as of yet.. http://aus-vip.com/index.php?/topic/...300-vip-style/

Thanks I know people are going to hate and I jsut don't see why some A**hole has to make some dumb comment about I should have done my car. If you don't like it then fine you do'nt like it, If you do then great or want to share some ideas cool. Don't be a A**hole just BC you are one. That why I called him out.
Sorry if it upset you didnt mean to offend, its a forum, a open place for discussion and debating..
I never said I didnt like your car, if you look through the post most people said similar as me, in regards to wheels and lowering?

You taking it all wrong Bro after this one guy on here keep hammering on me about my car looking like someone else 10k miles away, I just got tried of it. Yes everyone is entitle to thier opinon as am I. With this being said I wish I could have a lambo in that color lol. Wheels are next but having a hard time find the right set.
Kept hammering? I said it like 2 times serz? cheer up mate

Last edited by [0350]; 12-13-10 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-13-10, 09:07 PM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

^ where did you buy your kit?
Old 12-13-10, 09:40 PM
[0350]
Pole Position

Originally Posted by blacksedan
^ where did you buy your kit?
Off Yahoo Auctions Japan through this store http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/t182364528
Old 12-14-10, 04:09 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not big on kits however that Auto Couture lip is sexy, it's on the mod list. Wish I could read Japanese so I could order it from over there!!!
Old 12-14-10, 08:40 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by [0350]

If you say so.. nothing special, not as modded as yours yet. =) I have alot of my parts just havent put them on as of yet.. http://aus-vip.com/index.php?/topic/...300-vip-style/

Sorry if it upset you didnt mean to offend, its a forum, a open place for discussion and debating..
I never said I didnt like your car, if you look through the post most people said similar as me, in regards to wheels and lowering?

Kept hammering? I said it like 2 times serz? cheer up mate
I really like how your car sit laid out in the rear. It look nice just not my style for wheels though. Don't worry I have big plan in the next couple of months right before the meets start up again. I ordered my wheels today along with my other parts today, jsut waiting on UPS now.
Old 12-14-10, 08:42 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
I'm not big on kits however that Auto Couture lip is sexy, it's on the mod list. Wish I could read Japanese so I could order it from over there!!!
It like 350 from over there I check the yen vs the $ today. That not including shipping though.
Old 12-16-10, 12:56 PM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the pic of the front looks like a gekko lol color is out there but looks smooth
Old 12-26-10, 05:05 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

this is what santa dropped off on the 24th
Attached Thumbnails new paint job for 07 Lex GS-img_0524.jpg   new paint job for 07 Lex GS-img_0523.jpg  
Old 12-26-10, 07:13 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

this is what santa dropped off on the 24th
I would have those refinished in bronze. A dark shiny bronze like on the exotic a few posts a go.
Old 12-27-10, 04:43 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What offsets did you go with??

Quick Reply: new paint job for 07 Lex GS