GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Would you purchase another GS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-10, 05:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
I think I would get an ISF before I get a GSF.
honestly i wouldn't consider the isf at all. so small, and even losing the center seat on the 2nd row.
Old 10-22-10, 05:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by passnu2
Yea if I was looking for that specific car I would get the M3 or RS4. Im not a fan of smaller cars anymore but for a toy I could live with it. Im driving a coupe right now and I hate it

I know someone selling a 2010 ISF for 53k with only 9k on the odometer. I just wasn't wowed with it at the ISF track event in Chicago. Maybe the GSF will prove me wrong and grab my attn.
that price isn't exciting. even a new one is about that price
Old 10-22-10, 05:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by G Star
One thing is for sure, as long as Lexus doesn't screw things up I will always have a Lexus.
lol i surely hope they don't. our gs350 has had almost as many problems as my previous lexus combined
Old 10-22-10, 06:42 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
that price isn't exciting. even a new one is about that price
yea they have 3k cash back on the ISF and some other special incentive. What makes it worse is these cars are only selling for 44k at the shoots. I can only imagine how much the numbers will tank when winter officially hits.

Id buy one for the right $$ but it wouldnt be my first pic.
Old 10-22-10, 06:55 PM
808LexGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drive my GS only on the weekends as well or every once in a while I'll take it to work when I don't feel like driving my Subaru. I like the car, it's fun to drive but I miss being higher up in an SUV. I was in a RR, FX, and an Escalade before the GS and I like the spaciousness of the SUV and just being higher up on the road. So, I prob wouldn't get a GS again but who knows, if the 4GS looks good and depending on what other options I may have when my lease is up.
Old 10-22-10, 07:51 PM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 808LexGS
I drive my GS only on the weekends as well or every once in a while I'll take it to work when I don't feel like driving my Subaru. I like the car, it's fun to drive but I miss being higher up in an SUV. I was in a RR, FX, and an Escalade before the GS and I like the spaciousness of the SUV and just being higher up on the road. So, I prob wouldn't get a GS again but who knows, if the 4GS looks good and depending on what other options I may have when my lease is up.
I'm the opposite, I've always preferred the feeling of being close to the road. The car for me is more of a matter of comfort and utility than a preferred mode of transportation though. I've always been a motorcycle guy myself, so that may have something to do with my preference to be low down. The few times I've driven a family members' SUVs I've always felt so disconnected from the road that it felt disconcerting.

I wouldn't get an ISF as my only car for many reasons, but so long as I have my "slow" GS if a second car ever came into my realm of possibility (it would have to be a three season car here.......) I'd look at the ISF in a second if we weren't so totally RIPPED OFF on cars here up north.
Old 10-22-10, 10:41 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

I do not think I would purchase another GS, bi-weekly visit to the service department since I got it back in 2006.

Specially for the last two months, I only get to drive my GS for less than a week; rest of time was in the service department...

If I want to visit the service department on the weekly basis, I would of gotten a BMW or MB instead...
Old 10-22-10, 11:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by slk_dds
I do not think I would purchase another GS, bi-weekly visit to the service department since I got it back in 2006.

Specially for the last two months, I only get to drive my GS for less than a week; rest of time was in the service department...

If I want to visit the service department on the weekly basis, I would of gotten a BMW or MB instead...
lol, you might visit mb and bmw less frequently than that
Old 10-23-10, 05:46 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by slk_dds

ZI've heard of something like this associated with a Lexus. What kind problems are you having?
I never have any problems.
Old 10-23-10, 06:36 AM
snaker314
Driver School Candidate

I have driven my GS350 every day for the last 3.2 years. I love this car. However, the BS with the brakes and rattles has got me. Not sure what the next car will be but I will consider options other than Lexus.
Old 10-23-10, 06:44 AM
austinGS
Rookie

Yes, I would without hesitation.
Old 10-23-10, 07:24 AM
dwiall
Driver

Unless they come out with a GSF I am going to consider other brands. The rattles and cheapness of the seats and other parts is very dissapointing for a $50K + car. I am still looking for a good white CLS63. I have not researched the MB factory warranty very much but am afraid it does not compare to Lexus and this is what keeps me from pulling the trigger. Anyone know if MB has a 6year/100,000 mile warranty like Lexus. Warranty on a MB is a must.
Old 10-23-10, 08:39 AM
MI350_55
Pole Position

I would definitely buy another one, but this time in V8 trim. Though at that point, the LS would also be considered.
Old 10-23-10, 08:46 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The ISF is a great car for someone who has now problem with spending that kind of money for the size of a civic lol.
Old 10-23-10, 09:00 AM
energie8
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I would for sure!
Anticipating for 4GS wooo

Quick Reply: Would you purchase another GS?