GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Would you purchase another GS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-10, 05:43 AM
Oneflyguy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could go either way on this. I think the exterior of the GS rocks, but the interior is seriously lacking. For a $50K car, it is way too plain and in my opinion boring. I took the car in for my 30K service the other day and got an IS as a loaner. The interior of the IS is so much better, it's not even close.

Plus, I live in a cold weather climate so an AWD is a must for me. I'm dropped on Tanabe DF's and I am at my wits end with the vibrations. For me to consider another GS, something has got to change with lowering an AWD model. Plus, Lexus has got to do something with the wheel gap on the stock AWD. It's flat out embarrassing. As bad as the vibrations are, there is no way in heck I would go back to stock. Seeing a stock AWD on the road makes me cringe.

I get a lot of compliments (dropped and on Vossens) and I admit, the car does look good, but if "looks are deceiving" a dropped AWD is the classic case.

Driving around that IS made me realize how bad my GS rattles and vibrates. I have to admit, driving back home in the GS made me do some serious thinking.
Old 11-12-10, 01:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
s550 has been on my list for quite a while.
Originally Posted by Ice350
I agree, V8 all the way. Next time.
Thats why I just dumped my GS and got an LS460( I dont trust German cars) V8 power, more room, bigger trunk, and an interior that actually matches the price of the car. The GS is a great looking car but it could better built. Either way I decided to stay in the Lexus family but to move up a rung on the ladder.

Goodbye GS350...........HELLO LS460
Old 11-13-10, 10:19 AM
bozer
Lead Lap

Absolutely not. In fact I'll never buy a Toyota or Lexus again. The rattles are so bad and un fixable, Lexus lost me for life. Their inability to address the problem is the nail in The coffin. They cheeped out and made the dash with garbage parts. I love the exterior design and always wanted a gs.
Old 11-13-10, 10:26 AM
bozer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I personally like the GS but I dont know if I would buy another one. Between the rattles, squeaks, recalls, etc I am kind of over Lexus. I have had about the same number of issues with my GS as I did with my G35 but at least infiniti could fix the problems . Dash rattles and creaks in a 50k is total BS. My lexus is the best looking car I have ever owned and the service treatment is stellar but it is not the fabled car that they make it out to be . Pursuit of perfection is clearly just a pursuit and they are falling behind. They are not as close to perfection as they once were. Bottom line is that all cars have issues so buy what you want as long as the service at the dealership is solid.

Lexus GS....love it.....but been there done that. Thats probably the best way to put it.
This guy said it better then me. Agreed 100 percent. No reason the dash should rattle when in every other low end car I've owned I had no rattles.
Old 11-13-10, 05:31 PM
tekjunkie
Driver School Candidate

I don't know about other Lexus' but I doubt I would go for another GS350 awd. I've only had mine a few months and I miss my MB. The ride is too jarring, the NAVI won't allow a passenger to enter addresses when car is moving, can't adjust fan without hitting climate button, trunk too small, ventilated seats not working, etc. There are many things I like about it but not worth the pricetag.