GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Bottom door weather seal part #s?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-10, 03:16 PM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Bottom door weather seal part #s?

A couple of rust proofing treatments by Krown later and the weather seal that runs along the rocker panels (it seems to go all the way across each side of the car) is swollen and deformed. It's "pinching in" all over the place, and other than looking bad, I doubt it's doing it's job well any more and I think it's causing some wind noise.

I've searched Carson's parts fiche and I can't for the life of me locate these rubber seals. Does anybody have any idea what the part number is or at least have better part fiche navigation skills than me? The front seal on the hood is also deformed, I found that one easily enough ($25 for that piece of rubber, a ripoff for sure...).

I hate how the oil causes quite a mess to clean up and causes certain rubber parts to deform but at the end of the day replacing a few of these seals every few years is still a lot better than dealing with a rusty car down the road.

Last edited by BinaryJay; 11-26-10 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-26-10, 08:02 PM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Not much interest in this thread but I thought I'd update it anyway. I figured out what I needed and recently bought them from Sewell (who were helpful in confirming my guess, as the part description is misleading).

If anybody else ever wants to replace this piece (the rubber that runs along the bottom across both doors) because it gets weathered or ruined in one way or another let me save you the trouble of figuring it out.

Here are the part numbers for each side, I forget which one is which. Notice the part description is contains "FR DOOR" in it. It's misleading because it has nothing to do with the doors (it doesn't attach to either door), and runs along both front and rear.

WEATHERSTRIP FR DOO
Part #: 6786330140

WEATHERSTRIP FR DOO
Part #: 6786430140

Each were, as of the time I purchased them approximately $27.

As for tips on how to install them, the hardest part is figuring out how to undo the clips that hold the old one in. I tried to remove them by hand by tugging etc. and it was just about impossible. The only thing that ended up working was needle nose pliers to compress two "prongs" of each of the clips together and pull out. One of them is in a VERY inconvenient place right at the front edge of the door and recessed and I could not remove them without breaking the clips leaving the head of them inside the rocker panels. Here's hoping it's small and insignificant enough that I won't hear them rattle (unlikely!). I'm not sure if the rocker panel has anywhere for them to escape from.

After getting the old ones off, getting the new one on only takes about 15 seconds. I expect putting this fresh seal on will probably reduce the wind noise a bit more, though I think even if they were missing completely the doors seal pretty well all on their own.

I would say removing the rubber is destructive and a pain enough that I won't be removing them before getting rustproofing done, but I'm going to be more vigilant from now on in wiping this rubber down frequently with silicone before and after the rustproofing is done so the oil doesn't stew on it for so long. The problem is that this rubber sits right where the drainage holes in the doors are so all of the oil seeps out and marinates directly on it, and the process continues for nearly a week until the dripping stops.
Old 11-27-10, 01:03 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote "Thread useless without pictures"!!!!!!!