GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New personal dropped car tire wear record

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-10, 01:25 PM
johnnunez2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I get an alignment after every set of tires is installed. So I know the alignment is good. I have to agree that every penny spent on tires is worth it. Bottomline is you get what you pay for. I used to avoid the more expensive tires because I figured they just burn up because of the drop. Man I was wrong. MICHELIN ROCKS.........
im sorry, if your dropped? how do you get an alignment? unless you have a camber kit. im guessing you mean balanced. ive already posted this before atleast locally we have a place that aligns cars with out camber kits. but by bending the arms. down here i do not have to worry about all-season tires, or winter tires. thank god. but my tires on an accord slammed as far as possible on 19's lasted me damn near the whole time i had the car lol (witht he rims) over 30k. not sure what tires they were but if i drop my car i will definatly get it aligned like this. i cant imagine only having these $$$ tires for 10-20k miles. thats crazy.
Old 10-29-10, 01:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnunez2
im sorry, if your dropped? how do you get an alignment? unless you have a camber kit. im guessing you mean balanced. ive already posted this before atleast locally we have a place that aligns cars with out camber kits. but by bending the arms. down here i do not have to worry about all-season tires, or winter tires. thank god. but my tires on an accord slammed as far as possible on 19's lasted me damn near the whole time i had the car lol (witht he rims) over 30k. not sure what tires they were but if i drop my car i will definatly get it aligned like this. i cant imagine only having these $$$ tires for 10-20k miles. thats crazy.
alignment is more than just camber. camber is not adjustable on our cars, but that's not the biggest problem. as long as the shop is good, they will know how to adjust the toe accordingly to compensate the inside wear. it all depends on how good the shop is. factory spec is all out of the window and they are pretty useless. trying to get everything as close to factory spec as possible won't cut it. if car is very low, sometimes toeing in more (even out of spec) is the answer

and prepare to pay to play. seriously, 15-20k for a set of good performance tires on these cars isn't something new
Old 10-29-10, 02:14 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

i actually am fixing to buy a set of these as im upgrading from my michelin energy mxv4's i been rolling on the last 3 cars with those and loved them.

i wish they made them in 19's i would have stayed with the MXV4's. i just moved to a set of 19's in these tires, they are amazing just expensive although they arent half as high as the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 and wont wear half as fast as them either but all in all every review i saw for the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S was awesome so i was sold on them and im picking them up soon
Old 10-29-10, 03:15 PM
johnnunez2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
alignment is more than just camber. camber is not adjustable on our cars, but that's not the biggest problem. as long as the shop is good, they will know how to adjust the toe accordingly to compensate the inside wear. it all depends on how good the shop is. factory spec is all out of the window and they are pretty useless. trying to get everything as close to factory spec as possible won't cut it. if car is very low, sometimes toeing in more (even out of spec) is the answer

and prepare to pay to play. seriously, 15-20k for a set of good performance tires on these cars isn't something new
dont know much about these cars with rims. just know about past cars. im guessing theres a differance and they CANT be perfectly aligned. but if its just a problem of camber there are places that handle that with machines. not sure if they can do ours. still havent done that. im planning on doing so.when i get my rims i will take it to the chassis place locally they do charge like 300=400 to adjust it. its a big pneumatic machine that pushes the bars til they are aligned. and pulls them if neccesary. ill find out eventually and let you guys know. first i need some $$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 10-29-10, 06:39 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by johnnunez2
dont know much about these cars with rims. just know about past cars. im guessing theres a differance and they CANT be perfectly aligned. but if its just a problem of camber there are places that handle that with machines. not sure if they can do ours. still havent done that. im planning on doing so.when i get my rims i will take it to the chassis place locally they do charge like 300=400 to adjust it. its a big pneumatic machine that pushes the bars til they are aligned. and pulls them if neccesary. ill find out eventually and let you guys know. first i need some $$$$$$$$$$$$$
Speaking for Atlanta as long as 8 or so yeras ago the high end shop here Butler Tire has high speed balance up to 120 mph and camber machines and laser alignment. It was costly but the car would drive like it was floating aftewards.

VVti showed me the new Lexus alignment/camber etc system, I think it cost 40 grand or so. Its pretty cool, you put in the vehicle and the specs come up on a screen and they go to work. They had to get it not just b/c its more accurate but b/c wheel/tire sizes are getting to be so much bigger.