GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Thats messed up !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-10, 07:04 PM
HardatWerk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thats messed up !!!

Who ever did the DIY section should be slapped around. . I was leaving to work this morning and remembered to change the filter I piked up the other day. I was changing my cabin filter an jumped to this site an looked up DIY info. It turns out the first set of instructions is actually for an IS, and not a GS like it claimed to be. I ended up breaking the lid that holds the filter box closed. The instructions didn't mention that IN A GS you had to start the engine and put on the recirculation mode to remove the cover without breaking it. Thanks A Bunch you fool !
Old 11-01-10, 07:11 PM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It's your fault that you didn't do your research before doing it.

First of all, you can't take every guide that somebody posts out of their own free will and time on the internet for gospel.

Second, right next to the link in the DIY thread is one that says "additional info", where in the first post it says you have to put it in recirc mode.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...50h-460-a.html

Third, you have to do the same thing in the IS anyway since I've heard lots of IS guys claiming to have broken the very same thing.

Now, who's the fool here? If you want to get mad at somebody go look in the mirror.
Old 11-01-10, 07:12 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you needed to do a little more research my friend.
Old 11-01-10, 07:24 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That why if you do not have any experince working on cars it better to let someone else do it for you lol
Old 11-01-10, 07:29 PM
HardatWerk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did look around. I just figured there were experts here. I guess the guy that put it up is no smarter than me. What somebody should do is delete both of those links and make a new one with proper instructions, without using cop + paste off an IS thread.
Old 11-01-10, 07:30 PM
LexFather

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by HardatWerk
Who ever did the DIY section should be slapped around. . I was leaving to work this morning and remembered to change the filter I piked up the other day. I was changing my cabin filter an jumped to this site an looked up DIY info. It turns out the first set of instructions is actually for an IS, and not a GS like it claimed to be. I ended up breaking the lid that holds the filter box closed. The instructions didn't mention that IN A GS you had to start the engine and put on the recirculation mode to remove the cover without breaking it. Thanks A Bunch you fool !
You know people take their quality time to volunteer to write up DIY. Then you also have people that compile the info and the mods who try to keep it all together.

If you truly were interested in helping instead of just signing up to complain you could have said "hey guys, I'm new to CL and I just wanted to correct something I noticed...................."

Instead you have insulted people that were trying to help.

Closed.

If you want to add value let me know what needs to be fixed so we can adjust it accordingly.