GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Daylight savings doesn't work

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-10, 06:50 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Daylight savings doesn't work

I went out this morning and found my Lexus did not adjust for DST. I found this thread....
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ht-saving.html

I guess everyone else can figure out how to make this work except Lexus. My computer, cell phone and even the navigation on my Honda Goldwing all had it right this morning, but not the Lexus
Old 11-07-10, 10:55 AM
User 121523
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe this was done to account for the variations of DST across different countries and the fact that some of these DST rules change. Remember how the DST rule in the US changed in 2009? Many companies complained that it was an expensive change, with software updates and whatnot; but no change was required in Lexus. Also, albeit much less likely, if you ever ship your car outside of the US, this design would not require any change to the software.
Old 11-07-10, 12:25 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i couldn't care less.

a few presses of a button, and you're done.

luxury car owners tend to nag and take things for granted, don't you think?

next thing we'll complain about is that the car can't make us pancakes and waffles in the morning.
imagine that. stepping into your car, opening the glove compartment to see hot pancakes and waffles.
Old 11-07-10, 06:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
i couldn't care less.

next thing we'll complain about is that the car can't make us pancakes and waffles in the morning.
imagine that. stepping into your car, opening the glove compartment to see hot pancakes and waffles.
wait, do i get syrup as well?
Old 11-07-10, 06:15 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! It literally is as easy as pressing a button a few times; INFO,ADJUST CLOCK, and then cycle the hour to the right time. Pretty easy!!!
Old 11-07-10, 06:20 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I do think it would be nice if it adjusted automatically. In my house the only one which is manual is the clocks on the kitchen appliances. Even our wall clock has a radio receiver to obtain atomic time. Phones get time from wireless network and pc gets time from Internet server.

In the car I think you would need either a wireless connection (like Lexus Link or Onstar) or you would need to obtain it from the GPS signal. While the latter is possible, it doesn't make sense to design it into the car since not all units have GPS.
Old 11-07-10, 11:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

and even more people don't subscribe to lexus linke, onstar, or the new lexus enform i surely won't bother to pay to have my clock adjusted automatically

if they can use radio receiver to obtain atomic time, i think that's a good idea. otherwise, i don't see how the car can get updated info on when to change the DST correctly (especially DST dates changed over the past few years). batman had a good point, i was thinking about using gps sat signal as well (shouldn't be hard to include that info), but not all cars have nav standard

on another note, today when we got into the gs, my wife updated our DST in about 5 seconds
Old 11-08-10, 04:41 AM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Daylight Savings Time Adjust

If you have at least 2010 or 2011, you just push setup, then clock, and then Daylight Savings Time: On/Off. Takes less than ten seconds.
Old 11-08-10, 05:29 AM
LexFather

pancakes and waffles? Yummmy.......

Yeah I changed mine yesterday, took 10 seconds...
Old 11-08-10, 07:41 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah daylight savings doesn't really save any daylight!
Old 11-08-10, 08:34 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For me since my '06 car is not up to date with the new Daylight savings... I manually turn the Daylight savings ON and Off.

Now we are back to normal time. So, I go into the setting for Daylight Saving and turn it off, the moment I turn that off the hour get subtract by 1 hr.

Is there a way to update the exact day the Daylight Saving start and stop? I know in windows there is a way to go into the registry and set this start stop, but I don't know about our GS.
Old 11-08-10, 08:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by worker
For me since my '06 car is not up to date with the new Daylight savings... I manually turn the Daylight savings ON and Off.

Now we are back to normal time. So, I go into the setting for Daylight Saving and turn it off, the moment I turn that off the hour get subtract by 1 hr.

Is there a way to update the exact day the Daylight Saving start and stop? I know in windows there is a way to go into the registry and set this start stop, but I don't know about our GS.
there is no setting on that, not just 06, but on all years. it's just the on/off button to turn on (one hr forward) or off (normal time)
Old 11-08-10, 03:04 PM
gsexy300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jjscsix
I went out this morning and found my Lexus did not adjust for DST. I found this thread....
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ht-saving.html

I guess everyone else can figure out how to make this work except Lexus. My computer, cell phone and even the navigation on my Honda Goldwing all had it right this morning, but not the Lexus
dude, I did mine at a stoplight last night on my way home. It's not that big of a deal. I for one, am at my maximum limit with automotive automation. I am missing the purity of driving pure mechanical cars, we have reached the point of overkill, right around 2005 - 06 on cars like the GS.
Old 11-08-10, 03:06 PM
gsexy300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dunnojack
i couldn't care less.

There is no eating in my GS.
Old 11-09-10, 05:32 AM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Valley101
If you have at least 2010 or 2011, you just push setup, then clock, and then Daylight Savings Time: On/Off. Takes less than ten seconds.

same in my 2009 gs...and im almsot 100% sure its the same on my 2007 rx

Quick Reply: Daylight savings doesn't work