GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Out of the blue a $500 debit card

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-11, 06:32 PM
maxtcee
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no but i get lexus coupons from the dealer and bought parts from there
Old 03-14-11, 12:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

to be honest, my patience with lexus is quickly running out.

i got my recall letter and went in for recall, and 3 weeks later still didn't receive 1500 coupon letter. sent an email to inquire, and 2 weeks later received the coupon and mentioned that i am getting extended warranty.

that was early december. beginning of feb (2 months later) still nothing, i emailed again and complained, and also inquired that if they can't get the damn extended warranty to me, might as well give me the 500 bucks. i have better use of that than the retarded extended warranty they are giving me. they said no, 500 only for people with cpo or bought extended warranty, BUT they will let me know in 5 days about the extended warranty.

another freaking month went by, nothing. emailed again and this time with a more formal complaint letter addressing all the problem and that we are disappointed in lexus. not about the car (i don't have a problem) but their customer service efficiency. got a reply and again the same bs saying can't give 500, but they will look into the warranty and call back. yeah right, i have been waiting for 4 freaking months!

guess what, it's another week already. i am pretty much giving up.

i am upset not because of the recall. i have no issue with that (can't even say i care much). however, their efficiency and commitment to customers have been less than impressive these days.

i can care less if they have 200k cars to recall, that doesn't give them ANY excuse to drag on sending out extended warranty / gift cars MONTHS after the recall. it's simply unacceptable. second, 2 times already they promised to let us know the status, 2 times they failed completely in doing so. i am not supposed to be the one chasing after them on this. i wonder what happens if someone is 2 months behind on their payment with lfs. 3rd, who is the retard that came up with an extended warranty from 70k miles to 100k miles without extending the time (6 yrs). they must think people love driving lexus so much most people are over mileage avg.

the whole thing is getting pretty frustrating to say the least.
Old 03-14-11, 08:36 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Henry - I completely agree. Plus every time I escalate they make a commitment they fail to keep. This isn't that hard to manage properly.

BTW you should give my name to the Lexus rep as an example of someone who is a first owner car with no extended warranty and I got $500 gift card offer not extended warranty.
Old 03-14-11, 08:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by *Batman*
Henry - I completely agree. Plus every time I escalate they make a commitment they fail to keep. This isn't that hard to manage properly.

BTW you should give my name to the Lexus rep as an example of someone who is a first owner car with no extended warranty and I got $500 gift card offer not extended warranty.
hahha nah, i don't want to jeopardize anyone else' chance to get the 500. if i can't get it i will just laugh it off and probably throw away the extended warranty (complete bs by itself).

see, if they didn't even offer anything, or in the letter they say everything will be out say middle of 2011, i would have been ok. but if they say something, then keep their promise and hit the date. otherwise they lose their credibility so fast it will take them a long time to recover
Old 03-14-11, 09:50 AM
riboflavin
Driver

I never received a letter for the recall but I brought my car in last October to get the valve spring recall done. I still haven't received either $500 GC or $1500 certificate from them (or any letters indicating I will receive them). I emailed them back in January to make sure they have my address on file and they said they did and will send out the GC soon which never happended.
I think I should call them directly like many members recommended. It seems like they are just taking forever to send these out or maybe they are hoping people to forget/give up on getting these.

Last edited by riboflavin; 03-14-11 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-14-11, 09:04 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

I got my gift card now.
Old 03-14-11, 11:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by *Batman*
I got my gift card now.
hahah wow, what you need to do is whine on the internet it seems!
Old 03-18-11, 03:28 PM
lexneffect
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
hahah wow, what you need to do is whine on the internet it seems!

Just had to rant...very similar case to many of the problems that all of you got from Lexus Corporate. I had my recall issue performed about 3 months ago and Lexus service mentioned to me about a possible giftcard. I waited for about a month and then finally called them to inquire whether I would be eligible to even receive it. The first question they asked me is whether I bought my car new or not and I told them that my car was bought brand new and I'm the first owner. After that, I was asked whether I owned any other cars since they couldn't find me in the system and I told them that between my family, we own a total of 5 lexus cars, which all have been purchased new. After some other useless inquiries, they finally found me in the system and told me that the reason I wasn't even found was because their database between the corporate and individual dealerships do not match. The lady (Christine) and another man (Roy), which I talked to on separate occasions, both said that I'm eligible for the giftcard and it was already being processed in the system to receive it.

Now fast forward to this afternoon...I finally decide to call them again since I figured I should've received it by now. Another man (who refused to give me his name) said I am only eligible for the VSA since I didn't purchase the extended powertrain warranty. I don't understand this BS that Lexus is giving...either say you're giving one or the other but don't change your minds back and forth. On top of that, it's not like I even received any of the things they mentioned anyways. I didn't even get word about any of it until I called them first. Just wanted to express my total dissapointment with their service and the entire thing. The service at my dealership (Magnussen Lexus) is fine and I don't have anything but praise for them there but Lexus Corporate is making me so upset I think this is the last Lexus I'm ever buying.

Anyways, just wanted to rant about my unhappiness...sorry to sound so negative.

Curtis
Old 03-18-11, 07:36 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lexneffect
Now fast forward to this afternoon...I finally decide to call them again since I figured I should've received it by now. Another man (who refused to give me his name) said I am only eligible for the VSA since I didn't purchase the extended powertrain warranty.
Curtis
what is "vsa" ?

did you buy an extended warranty or not?

if you didn't, supposedly you're not getting a $500 gift.

if anyone with a regular factory warranty gets $500, consider them lucky
Old 03-18-11, 11:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by lexneffect
Just had to rant...very similar case to many of the problems that all of you got from Lexus Corporate. I had my recall issue performed about 3 months ago and Lexus service mentioned to me about a possible giftcard. I waited for about a month and then finally called them to inquire whether I would be eligible to even receive it. The first question they asked me is whether I bought my car new or not and I told them that my car was bought brand new and I'm the first owner. After that, I was asked whether I owned any other cars since they couldn't find me in the system and I told them that between my family, we own a total of 5 lexus cars, which all have been purchased new. After some other useless inquiries, they finally found me in the system and told me that the reason I wasn't even found was because their database between the corporate and individual dealerships do not match. The lady (Christine) and another man (Roy), which I talked to on separate occasions, both said that I'm eligible for the giftcard and it was already being processed in the system to receive it.

Now fast forward to this afternoon...I finally decide to call them again since I figured I should've received it by now. Another man (who refused to give me his name) said I am only eligible for the VSA since I didn't purchase the extended powertrain warranty. I don't understand this BS that Lexus is giving...either say you're giving one or the other but don't change your minds back and forth. On top of that, it's not like I even received any of the things they mentioned anyways. I didn't even get word about any of it until I called them first. Just wanted to express my total dissapointment with their service and the entire thing. The service at my dealership (Magnussen Lexus) is fine and I don't have anything but praise for them there but Lexus Corporate is making me so upset I think this is the last Lexus I'm ever buying.

Anyways, just wanted to rant about my unhappiness...sorry to sound so negative.

Curtis
see, i think you will get yours soon.

batman complained, he got the 500

i complained the hell out of it, i got my vsa last week

you are next
Old 03-18-11, 11:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by dunnojack
what is "vsa" ?

did you buy an extended warranty or not?

if you didn't, supposedly you're not getting a $500 gift.

if anyone with a regular factory warranty gets $500, consider them lucky
vehicle service agreement

basically their nice way of saying "garbage useless extended warranty for most"
Old 03-20-11, 08:34 AM
RooRa
Driver

hmmm so i bought a extended platinum warranty back in 05 and still didnt get a letter or a card... guess i need to give them a call...
Old 03-20-11, 09:06 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RooRa
hmmm so i bought a extended platinum warranty back in 05 and still didnt get a letter or a card... guess i need to give them a call...
If your car is a 2006 GS300, then you do not have the valve spring issue, therefore you won't get the valve spring recall or the $500. The valve spring recall affects 2007 and 2008 GS350s and GS460s.

This recall was 2-3 days in the shop which is why they gave comp. The other recalls are quick fixes so there is no card for those.