GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Body kit for 3GS

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-10, 08:39 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skim07
agreed on some points. high end watches should be insured...I hope you do if you own them. lol
If you can afford to spend $5000 body kit on a GS, go for it and enjoy it in good health. Everybody has different priorities and preceived values. I for one, can't spend that much on a GS and sleep comfortably at night.

I spent quite a bit on stoptech on previous cars and laughed at Rotora BBK. I can understand where most of you are coming from. Do it right the first time. couldn't agree more.
I agree with you to do it right the first time but most of us don't have a extra 2-5k just laying around to spend a kit. If want that type of kit then buy one but that all of money for a kit that just sit on your car is not getting replace if something happen to it, plus on that note it take way to long for these kits to come in from Japan.
Old 12-16-10, 08:43 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
there you go your preference, which i have no problem with (although i don't support it).

i can't say for all, but i have seen a few ED kits on cars. they are pathetic (and this is a nice word already). yes, one can argue it's probably problem on the prep and install by the body shop, but i think they are far worse than original. keep in mind though, i am not saying all authentic kits fit like a glove. you might still have to spend effort to do it well. but in general, it's way better than knock offs. as username32 said, the mold that knock off companies use, they don't care the quality and sometimes they are way out of shape already.

oem kits on tl-s were top notch. they weren't even frp, they were abs plastic to begin with.
Great post the quality always come in to play for what you want to spend your money on. When you go to buy a car and want speed you do not go buy a honda you by a sports car which has been design for just that quality is always a the main factor for me if I can afford it lol.
Old 12-16-10, 08:49 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
I agree with you to do it right the first time but most of us don't have a extra 2-5k just laying around to spend a kit. If want that type of kit then buy one but that all of money for a kit that just sit on your car is not getting replace if something happen to it, plus on that note it take way to long for these kits to come in from Japan.
i think to certain extend it depends on the shop and which way you ship. when i ordered the kits for my ls460l, from order to kits at my doorstep (from japan), it was about 4-6 weeks.

the problem with delays is a lot of shops, they want to lower their cost (thus increasing margins), so they either pair up with other shops or just sit and wait until they have enough orders to really fill up a container, and then they ocean freight over from japan. first, ocean freight takes longer and the port custom wait is always uncertain. but the wait in japan to fill up container is always the biggest problem. if you happen to be the last to order, good for you. if you are the first to order, good luck, your stuff could be there waiting for weeks.

air ship is more expensive, but it's a lot more predictable. you don't wait for others
Old 12-16-10, 09:06 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the thing bothers me until today is lack of info i had about cars in general,,i wasn't member of this forum until year after i got my car,,,i went dumped 5k on the wheels and i wish i would of gone with vossen and body kits all together,,sorry guys just vendin little,,,