GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Gs sleeping in for winter....

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-10, 09:23 PM
endlesslex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gs sleeping in for winter....

so the gs is sleepy... i loooking for a suv, scene i just had a newborn.. a porsche cayenne.. what do u guys think>? it going to be a use one.. anyone own one , or can anyone tell me if it a good idea?
Attached Thumbnails Gs sleeping in for winter....-porsche-cayenne-diesel-1.jpg  
Old 12-23-10, 09:32 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want a sporty road SUV that also does well in dirt and snow, the Range Rover Sport is a much better car in my opinion - in every regard.

The brand new 2011 Cayenne is an improvement though.
Old 12-23-10, 10:20 PM
tardorange
Driver

Why not the X5 or X6? If you want power you can get the X5 or X6 and the new turbocharged N55 engine can be tuned +100BHP with aftermarket tunes. Great SUV's.

If reliability is a concern don't get RR or Porsche...BMW is better compared to those two. Also check out the FX by Infiniti and maybe look at the Lexus RX/GX?
Old 12-23-10, 10:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

it's a nice car, though my friend says it's a bit on the stiff side, and he prefers x5.
Old 12-24-10, 06:12 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tardorange
Why not the X5 or X6? If you want power you can get the X5 or X6 and the new turbocharged N55 engine can be tuned +100BHP with aftermarket tunes. Great SUV's.

If reliability is a concern don't get RR or Porsche...BMW is better compared to those two. Also check out the FX by Infiniti and maybe look at the Lexus RX/GX?
JD Powers says otherwise. The Range Rover Sport is more reliable than either X5 or Porsche. You have to get a Lexus, Mercedes or Infiniti to beat the Range Rover Sport.
Old 12-24-10, 06:15 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

yeah an X5 is a better all around vehicle and fun to drive in the snow, although I don't recommend you do that safety first. Porsche Cayenne us not a bad truck just wasn't built right the first time the second one they def. got it right.

Last edited by bigblack06; 12-24-10 at 06:32 AM.
Old 12-24-10, 06:30 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

TechArt all the way! That is one bad *** looking SUV.
Old 12-24-10, 07:40 AM
tardorange
Driver

Originally Posted by batman75
JD Powers says otherwise. The Range Rover Sport is more reliable than either X5 or Porsche. You have to get a Lexus, Mercedes or Infiniti to beat the Range Rover Sport.
News to me..most of the people I know with the Range Rovers are always crying about it being in the shop . Will look into it.

Mercedes trucks are reliable but pretty bland much like Lexus.... unless of course you get the AMG versions such as ML63 AMG. If I was considering "fast" truck like the ML63 AMG I would get the X5M or the X6M.

Another two SUVs I forgot that you might be interested in are the Audi Q5 and the Audi Q7. Don't know much about them but did consider a new Q5 when we got the RX350 but Audi's reliability scares me :eek:.
Old 12-24-10, 08:03 AM
jackballer
Driver

Good thing is you wont see soccer moms driving 5 kids around in that porsche like you will the others. A lot more exclusive. That kid down the street that likes cars will think you are the man!!! I even like their four door sedan. A little pricey though but if you are looking at one then you can probably afford it unlike me!
Old 12-24-10, 09:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Another two SUVs I forgot that you might be interested in are the Audi Q5 and the Audi Q7. Don't know much about them but did consider a new Q5 when we got the RX350 but Audi's reliability scares me :eek:.
audi and reliability? don't even start. the q7 is awesome, but i am scared to own it for long
Old 12-24-10, 09:48 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

News to me..most of the people I know with the Range Rovers are always crying about it being in the shop . Will look into it.

Mercedes trucks are reliable but pretty bland much like Lexus.... unless of course you get the AMG versions such as ML63 AMG. If I was considering "fast" truck like the ML63 AMG I would get the X5M or the X6M.

Not the one's developed after it was merged into Jaguar. Basically the Range Rover has BMW reliability, the Range Rover Sport has Jaguar reliability which is much better.

My brother's 06 Range Rover Sport supercharged has only needed routine service and brakes since new. That's a lot less hassle than my 08 Lexus.
Old 12-24-10, 09:49 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
audi and reliability? don't even start. the q7 is awesome, but i am scared to own it for long
Audis are suitable cars for people who don't drive much but like LED lights.
Old 12-24-10, 10:05 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ill disagree with the Audi...I leased an S4 in 06 and beat the **** out of it and it had -0- rattles and only went in for the "free" oil changes and routine service that they charged you for If there was one thing I didnt like on the Audi it was the audio system and Navi but they have stepped it up the past few years. I regret trading it in for the Lexus. I never had one issue with any BMW I leased in the past either. Both my Lexus have been sub-par IMO with the rattles and various issues. Not sure if I will get another Lexus after the GS.
Old 12-24-10, 10:37 AM
RC51TOFUMA
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

for the long-run I would get Lexus 450H.
If money is not an option and being with-in Reason.....I would go Audi Q7 or BMW X5 or X6.

That is my personal take.....Range Rover and Porsche Cayann...to $$$ for my taste...and I'll admit it....
Old 12-24-10, 11:39 PM
username32
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hell no, ive read countless quality/reliability issues with Cayenne, Touregs, X5's, Range Rovers and Mercedes ML's. If i had to chose a Luxury SUV, id get GX or a LX, yea they arent sporty but for me safe/dependable comes first. If you get any of those German makes you better have some long extended warranty to go with that unless you got some deep pockets.

Quick Reply: Gs sleeping in for winter....