GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Alright boys! I am all set to enter the abyss!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-11, 12:15 PM
electron
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...that's really interesting
Old 01-23-11, 08:32 PM
1supra
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good to see someone giving this a shot,if its currently running a afr of 10 you are deff going to pick up some power with the afc and dialing 12 at wot.especially after opening up the motor to breath with some decent intake and exh. I have a feeling the ecu is going to pull timing,if not imediatly,it will over a short time of driving,I have tuned some supras with afc and mapecu1,the late model obd2 cars after 96 pull timing over a period of time,there is a way around it if your open loop fuel trims are absolutely perfect,other wise the ecu makes changes to your closed loop fuel trims and timing. If you just use wide open throttle you can keep the trims right and maintain a safe afr

I still have trouble in my 98 sup on mapecu,It leans out pretty bad on roll on throttle till 4k where it hits open loop.Ive always wanted to change it over to the older obd1 ecu,I can only imagine how much smarter a 09 lexus ecu is than a old toyota 98 ecu.It would be so nice if the sct type plug and play tuners would work with lexus cars.They are not piggy back and make changes directly to the ecu,Tuners who really know what they are doing can program them for diff levels of power based on what you want to do,you choose one of 3 diff preprogrammed tunes you want,connect it to the obd port and your set in 2 min.I love the sct on my superduty,the diesel turbo engines are so detuned from the facttory its crazy,same as the 2jz,I bet this lexus v8 has alot of untaped power way beyond even what they have the LS460 at.

You may want to check out the mapecu 2 it controlls timing as well,and counteracts the changes made from the stock ecu better,there is some good reading on the mapecu site you may want to read.
Old 01-23-11, 10:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am surprised that the V8 only puts down that much power. My modified G35 would dyno around 254 to 257 whp. It had a lot of stuff done to it but still I would have figured the V8 in the Lexus to put down a little more
Old 01-24-11, 08:58 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 468 Likes on 290 Posts

Email from MAP Ecu some time back.

from Performance <info@performancemotorresearch.co.nz>
to "******@gmail.com" <******@gmail.com>
date Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 12:03 PM
subject Re: MAP-ECU inquiry

Hi Ahmed,

We provided another customer with a wiring diagram for the Lexus 460. I will have to dig it out. I would recommend you run the MAPECU2 in MAF intercept mode so you can lean out the areas you need to and leave the normal cruise AFR's stock. Toyota usually puts the ECU under the bonnet of those cars.

Regards,
MAP-ECU Sales

Regards,
Peter
Old 01-24-11, 09:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I am surprised that the V8 only puts down that much power. My modified G35 would dyno around 254 to 257 whp. It had a lot of stuff done to it but still I would have figured the V8 in the Lexus to put down a little more
his car is in middle east and power rating is lower to begin with
Old 01-24-11, 02:39 PM
1supra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by designo
Email from MAP Ecu some time back.

from Performance <info@performancemotorresearch.co.nz>
to "******@gmail.com" <******@gmail.com>
date Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 12:03 PM
subject Re: MAP-ECU inquiry

Hi Ahmed,

We provided another customer with a wiring diagram for the Lexus 460. I will have to dig it out. I would recommend you run the MAPECU2 in MAF intercept mode so you can lean out the areas you need to and leave the normal cruise AFR's stock. Toyota usually puts the ECU under the bonnet of those cars.

Regards,
MAP-ECU Sales

Regards,
Peter
MAF intercept mode ehh? Well that sounds even better,if you dont have to convert over to speed density.your mpg is going to be even better than stock id bet.looking forward to hearing your results,when are ya hittin the dyno now?
Old 01-31-11, 08:20 AM
1supra
Pole Position

any updates on when your going to dyno?
Old 01-31-11, 01:08 PM
designo
Pole Position

It's been raining cats and dogs none stop. Waiting for the weather to clear up so we can perform not only dyno runs, but live runs as well as my tuner insists on checking every aspect of the car during tuning.

He's concerned with throttle response for some reason. I didn't ask why! Will find out soon. He's also concerned about the wiring diagram and wants to double check with Lexus about the differences between the GS430 and GS460 pin configuration.. just to be safe.

Sorry for this guys, we are just being extra careful. There are a lot of if's and but's with this experiment.
Old 01-31-11, 01:12 PM
designo
Pole Position

BY the way guys, Yokohama Middle East contacted me last week and sent a rep to inspect the tires that cracked. I was honest and informed them of the possibilities of rubbing, however, he insisted it's not!

Apparently the Yoko S.Drive tires are not made for our market and environment, and they have offered to either compensate me in cash, or replace the tires with Advans!

So dynoing the car with these messed up rear tires is also a bad idea.
Old 01-31-11, 01:29 PM
1supra
Pole Position

thanks for the update,its much harder dealing with a car like this where not much has been done in the way of R&D for performance,as surprising as that is,its the case here. Im use to dealing with cars that everything has already been tried 100 times already and proven,you just pick the setup you think works for you best.
Old 01-31-11, 02:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

It's been raining cats and dogs none stop. Waiting for the weather to clear up so we can perform not only dyno runs, but live runs as well as my tuner insists on checking every aspect of the car during tuning.

He's concerned with throttle response for some reason. I didn't ask why! Will find out soon. He's also concerned about the wiring diagram and wants to double check with Lexus about the differences between the GS430 and GS460 pin configuration.. just to be safe.

Sorry for this guys, we are just being extra careful. There are a lot of if's and but's with this experiment.
hehehe, how useless are your windshield wipers now? j/k

drive safe, can't wait to hear more when you get to work on it again!

BY the way guys, Yokohama Middle East contacted me last week and sent a rep to inspect the tires that cracked. I was honest and informed them of the possibilities of rubbing, however, he insisted it's not!

Apparently the Yoko S.Drive tires are not made for our market and environment, and they have offered to either compensate me in cash, or replace the tires with Advans!

So dynoing the car with these messed up rear tires is also a bad idea.
cool! you should post back in your thread in the tire forum too
Old 02-01-11, 04:04 AM
designo
Pole Position

Now we're getting somewhere!
Anyone have a GS430 diagram? Or maybe an LS430?

Last edited by designo; 04-24-11 at 03:25 AM.
Old 02-01-11, 09:02 PM
1supra
Pole Position

the mapecu guys are on it,did they not have anything for the gs460 specific? guess there are not that many really out there
Old 02-02-11, 12:53 AM
designo
Pole Position

Correct, not many GS460's out there, let alone tuned ones!

Also, we still must be concerned because the LS460 is Direct Fuel Injection, and the GS460 is not!

Wiring diagram may not be identical! But we are investigating!
Old 02-02-11, 07:15 AM
1supra
Pole Position

where did you find out the injection was different between the 2,thats strange.I thought all the 06 up lexus cars were DI That is why the car is seeing afrs in the 10s,DI is so much more precise,efficient and controlled in comparison.When tuning you can run more timing with it as well,id trade a little more noise with DI for better tuning control and more mpg

Last edited by 1supra; 02-02-11 at 07:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Alright boys! I am all set to enter the abyss!