GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Cheaper alternative to Prestigious Society Nav bypass module? (review starting #50)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-11, 02:56 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It would not be over 200, only if u have mark levinson and need the dvd. Most 3gs dont have ml so its 115 for override. Thats a bad *** price yes the button is ehh but you can change that.I want a nice solid review of this so I can purchase this.

Last edited by GS350Lexus; 01-10-11 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-10-11, 05:16 PM
mrblack
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered my NVK-03 for 115 and hope to be hooking it up soon. What are the most detailed pics included guide for taking the unit out and swapping in this new harness with cutoff switch? I'll post pics of my setup next week.

Peace - Mike
Old 01-10-11, 06:21 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
sweet, thanks for the update. so in order to get both dvd and nav override, two units will be needed. assuming each one is around 100 bucks, that means 200 bucks total combined?

looking interesting
I've had the override kit (Bought it in the eBay directly from Japan for $245) for well over a year, so far I've used the DVD function zero times.
Old 01-11-11, 12:05 AM
bolido
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah BS sells the Nav+DVD override for around $160 IIRC

Last edited by bolido; 01-14-11 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-12-11, 12:47 PM
dytta
Driver School Candidate

Default Beatsonic Kit - NT3203

Just bought the combined DVD/Navi override kit for my 2007 Lexus GS450h from Beatsonic in Japan. This kit is a combination of NVK-03 (Navi override) and TVK-32 (DVD/TV override). This name of the kit is NT3203. The price is 9.500 JPY + 2.000 JPY transport. Total 11.500 JPY = USD 138. They just got them in stock again. Paid with PayPal and they shipped the very same day and sent tracking info. Needs to be ordered via email :

miah@beatsonic.co.jp

Beat-Sonic Co.,Ltd.
472-5 Koushin, Fujieda, Nisshin, Aichi 470-0112, JAPAN.
Tel: +81-561-73-9000
Fax: +81-561-74-5554
http://www.world-beatsonic.com/
Old 01-12-11, 08:45 PM
bolido
Rookie

Actually I am getting mine installed this weekend. Eric (the guy in charge at BS US) is helping me install it. I will try to post pics and a review shortly.
Old 01-14-11, 06:20 PM
mrblack
Rookie

Originally Posted by mrblack
Just ordered my NVK-03 for 115 and hope to be hooking it up soon. What are the most detailed pics included guide for taking the unit out and swapping in this new harness with cutoff switch? I'll post pics of my setup next week.

Peace - Mike
Hey Guys,

NVK03 came today EMS from Japan.

Here are some pics. I think I may have some time in the morning to install. If so I'll take pics and report back the performance.

Does anyone have the prestigious society install guide for the gs350? I here it has nice detail and it looks like it effects the same connections.

Wish me luck tomorrow. Definitely not my first rodeo when it comes to doing stereo work but have not dont it lately much and really scared of bringing back noises in the dash after lexus fixed all of them.

peace

Went out with a flash light and was able to get the navi unit out. Could not find a place for the smaller gray plugs so only hooked up the larger adapter inline.

See pic for the plug I put the harness into. Its probably the only it will fit into.

I buttoned everything back up and went for a ride and the button which I ran out the bottom of the console by my right leg. Works as advertised. Deperess button and its as is you are not moving and all features navi, phone availabe. I do not have ML and I did not have an mp3 folder to browse. Its worth my money just for the GPS. It goes between modes at about .2 seconds and may take an additional 2 seconds for gps to reposition you from your last known location. Its very smooth.

they have a video up of it in use on an LS i think. google "beat sonic nvk03" look for flickr link. Has install photos and a video

peace

Last edited by mrblack; 01-14-11 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-14-11, 10:31 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Do not touch the blue speed sensor plug on the stereo/nav unit. Leave it plugged in where it belongs. Also, plug the big white 26-pin plug according to the posted instructions.

Everything will have to be done with the nav unit in the glove box, the one you put the Nav DVD in.

So, unplug the grey speed sensor plug (same shape as the blue one) from the NAV unit. In order to get to it, you will have to remove the knee air bag (do not disconnect it, just hang it on the cable) and the glove box. The grey speed sensor plug is plugged into the back of the nav unit, it is the closest plug to the passenger door.

Unplug it and plug it into the grey 1-pin plug from the kit. Plug the other 1-pin plug from the kit into the back of glove box NAV unit. Hooking it up like this will remove the 30-second time limit.
Old 01-15-11, 07:17 AM
mrblack
Rookie

Originally Posted by arnieosp
Do not touch the blue speed sensor plug on the stereo/nav unit. Leave it plugged in where it belongs. Also, plug the big white 26-pin plug according to the posted instructions.

Everything will have to be done with the nav unit in the glove box, the one you put the Nav DVD in.

So, unplug the grey speed sensor plug (same shape as the blue one) from the NAV unit. In order to get to it, you will have to remove the knee air bag (do not disconnect it, just hang it on the cable) and the glove box. The grey speed sensor plug is plugged into the back of the nav unit, it is the closest plug to the passenger door.

Unplug it and plug it into the grey 1-pin plug from the kit. Plug the other 1-pin plug from the kit into the back of glove box NAV unit. Hooking it up like this will remove the 30-second time limit.
Which 30 second time limit?

My initial test around the block last night indicated this was working as expected without going to the NAV unit in the glove box and not connecting the gray connectors to anything. Only the big with connector is connected in line at the back of the main unit(nav/radio) in the dashboard. The button switches back and forth between moving and non-moving modes almost instantly. Am I missing something?

EDIT:

Nevermind I went for a longer test drive this morning and its being funny. Doesnt seem to work after a little time.. like 30 seconds or so I need to search around and see how to get the the back of the glove box nav unit.. Damn. My guess is I'm going to have to lengthen the wires connected to the gray plugs to reach back there.

Last edited by mrblack; 01-15-11 at 07:38 AM.
Old 01-15-11, 07:58 AM
bolido
Rookie

Which 30 second time limit?

My initial test around the block last night indicated this was working as expected without going to the NAV unit in the glove box and not connecting the gray connectors to anything. Only the big with connector is connected in line at the back of the main unit(nav/radio) in the dashboard. The button switches back and forth between moving and non-moving modes almost instantly. Am I missing something?

EDIT:

Nevermind I went for a longer test drive this morning and its being funny. Doesnt seem to work after a little time.. like 30 seconds or so I need to search around and see how to get the the back of the glove box nav unit.. Damn. My guess is I'm going to have to lengthen the wires connected to the gray plugs to reach back there.

The gray wires will not be that simple to lengthen. I suggest you lengthen the red/black/blue wires that instead. Even though they are more wires (like 4) they will be a lot easier to lengthen. It looks like this will be the main issue of the BS kit compared to the PS one. The PS kit wires have the proper length.
Old 01-15-11, 08:11 AM
mrblack
Rookie

Originally Posted by bolido
The gray wires will not be that simple to lengthen. I suggest you lengthen the red/black/blue wires that instead. Even though they are more wires (like 4) they will be a lot easier to lengthen. It looks like this will be the main issue of the BS kit compared to the PS one. The PS kit wires have the proper length.
I see. That shouldn't be a problem. Do you know how I go about getting to the connectors behind the DVD/Nav unit in the glove box where I need to actually need to connect the gray connectors too? I cant seem to find any details or pics on this here or else where. I'm not able to locate PS instructions which from my understanding give detailed instructions how to do all this. I've read they only give them to purchasers of the PS unit.

I think the issue here why these plugs dont reach is that the model lexus model they actually made this unit for appears to have the grey connector at the back of the screen and not in some remote location. If you look at the pictures they have it shows it connected back there.
Old 01-15-11, 09:11 AM
bolido
Rookie

I see. That shouldn't be a problem. Do you know how I go about getting to the connectors behind the DVD/Nav unit in the glove box where I need to actually need to connect the gray connectors too? I cant seem to find any details or pics on this here or else where. I'm not able to locate PS instructions which from my understanding give detailed instructions how to do all this. I've read they only give them to purchasers of the PS unit.

I think the issue here why these plugs dont reach is that the model lexus model they actually made this unit for appears to have the grey connector at the back of the screen and not in some remote location. If you look at the pictures they have it shows it connected back there.
I think the issue is that the kit is made for JDM 3GS and the USDM 3GS is obviously slightly different. Beat-Sonic USA is actually helping me install it tomorrow morning. I'll post pics of the install.
Old 01-15-11, 09:15 AM
mrblack
Rookie

Originally Posted by bolido
I think the issue is that the kit is made for JDM 3GS and the USDM 3GS is obviously slightly different. Beat-Sonic USA is actually helping me install it tomorrow morning. I'll post pics of the install.
Thank you, much appreciated
Old 01-15-11, 10:55 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need to check this thread, I don't remember EVER hearing anyone was taking glove box apart to connect something behind the dvd player or what not. Here is a link to a DIY PS override kit https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-it-works.html
Old 01-15-11, 11:35 AM
mrblack
Rookie

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
You need to check this thread, I don't remember EVER hearing anyone was taking glove box apart to connect something behind the dvd player or what not. Here is a link to a DIY PS override kit https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-it-works.html
Thanks man I hope that is it. I'm not going to be able to get back there again until tomorrow morning. This time it will be daylight so I can get a better shot. Appreciate you looking out. I will post back with what I find.

Quick Reply: Cheaper alternative to Prestigious Society Nav bypass module? (review starting #50)