GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Your least used GS features.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-11, 12:43 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

I don't understand why Lexus made a button for headlamp washer if it also washes the headlights when you us windshield wipers, it then seems pointless to have the damn button.
Old 01-17-11, 02:18 AM
rickyb80
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The valet button.....I don't think I've ever used it and I'm pretty sure I never will because I dont trust ANYBODY with my car! My wife doesn't even get to drive my car.
Old 01-17-11, 06:22 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

My answer is anything that you have to open that drop-down door to the left of the steering wheel to operate. I tried to put the sunshade up one day while driving. I think I turned everything else in there on or off before I got the sunshade to go up.

In fact, there are functions operated by those switches that I don't understand even after I read the manual.
Old 01-17-11, 07:20 AM
jackballer
Driver

The automated rear view mirrors got turned off in my car. I couldnt stand them. Kinda nice at first but soon they would never return to the correct position. I love the cooled seats in my car. When I leave the gym in the summer it feels good on my package....
Old 01-17-11, 08:16 AM
GSLEX0586
Driver

cassette player
bluetooth
navigation (outdated POS!)
seat COOLERS (i use the warmers though)
sunshade
voice
Old 01-17-11, 08:44 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

my list is pretty long since i dont use hardly anything on the car

headlight washers
sunshade
power folding mirrors
navi (system is terrible)
dvd option (once and a while but hardly ever)
presets for seats
voice control
auto headlights

thats about all i can think of. im sure theres other options out there that i dont know. btw i use my cassette player all the time.
Old 01-17-11, 09:27 AM
RenatUSSR
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I don't understand why Lexus made a button for headlamp washer if it also washes the headlights when you us windshield wipers, it then seems pointless to have the damn button.
In my european GS it looks like this - if your headlights are on, and you use the windshield washers, the headlamp washers will automatically activate but only once, then only manualy by pressing button. Are you sure about everytime "it washes the headlights when you us windshield wipers" ?

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
my list is pretty long since i dont use hardly anything on the car

headlight washers
sunshade
power folding mirrors
navi (system is terrible)
dvd option (once and a while but hardly ever)
presets for seats
voice control
auto headlights

thats about all i can think of. im sure theres other options out there that i dont know. btw i use my cassette player all the time.
+1
Old 01-17-11, 09:37 AM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

As crazy as this sounds.... I never use the sunroof. I don't think I will ever buy a car with a sunroof again.

I actually use the cassette deck as an adapter for my iPod.
Old 01-17-11, 09:38 AM
RC51TOFUMA
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

The Cassette Player, the TipTronic Shift, Headlight Cleaner, The use of my F-sport SwayBar....ummmmmmm what else.....
Old 01-17-11, 09:42 AM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
My answer is anything that you have to open that drop-down door to the left of the steering wheel to operate. I tried to put the sunshade up one day while driving. I think I turned everything else in there on or off before I got the sunshade to go up.

In fact, there are functions operated by those switches that I don't understand even after I read the manual.

I completely agree 100%. It it a safety hazard to look down behind my knee and around steering wheel while driving to touch anything in that drop down. They should have integrated that all into the Navi screen or center console for better line of sight if you ask me.
Old 01-17-11, 09:48 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

[QUOTE=RenatUSSR;6070627]In my european GS it looks like this - if your headlights are on, and you use the windshield washers, the headlamp washers will automatically activate but only once, then only manualy by pressing button. Are you sure about everytime "it washes the headlights when you us windshield wipers" ?

Yeah basically everytime I press it, it usually goes off no matter if the lights are on or not!
Old 01-17-11, 10:10 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by B.Diddy
As crazy as this sounds.... I never use the sunroof. I don't think I will ever buy a car with a sunroof again.

I actually use the cassette deck as an adapter for my iPod.
I seldom use my sunroof either, but I've had them in more cars than I can remember. Virtually all premium vehicles come standard with them, or part of a package that has other stuff I want.
Old 01-17-11, 10:14 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

besides the cassette player, the sunroof is my next most used thing. i have that thing open constantly.
Old 01-17-11, 10:19 AM
CometVR4
Pole Position

You guys complaining about headlight washer don't know what you would be missing out on.

I wish my TL had some type of wiper/wash system for the headlights. Every winter when I'm out driving at night, either freezing rain or snow. I always end up having to pull over on the side of the highway (Very dangerous) because so much snow/ice have accumulated on the lenses it looks like my headlights arn't even on. Sure, it may not clean the lenses crystal clear, but when there is ice/snow buildup on the headlamps the high pressure washers do it's job by knocking off the ice.

I also agree with some people who live in warmer climates or who may not drive their car in the winter time, I see no use for it except being a nusience when you're car is clean. A solution would be just have washer activate by button only.
Old 01-17-11, 10:26 AM
RenatUSSR
Pole Position

When GS300 (05-07) sold in our counrty sunroof was in stock. Now in GS350 (08-11) no sunroof. I understand that using sunroof in winter is stupid idea ^^ but be have sometimes warm days during the summer...

Quick Reply: Your least used GS features.