GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

I'm Not Getting A $500 Gift Card

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-11, 09:27 PM
dwiall
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Not Getting A $500 Gift Card

Finally called Lexus and asked if I was going to get the $500 gift card. First they wanted me to send in a copy of my registration to prove ownership. All I had was a temperary one so I sent that in. They said it was not good enough. I sent them the purchase agreement from when I bought the car (7/09). I called them back and they said I bought it at a Jag dealer so no go. I hung up on the B....... How does that work. If I would have just sent in a current registration I would have gotten the gift card. Does this mean my warranty is no good too. I need to call someone higher up, got any numbers?

Does this sound right or are they just avoiding it?

I do have a Lexus 125k Platinum warranty.

Thanks for any suggestions

Dave
Old 01-26-11, 10:12 PM
MizikeTSK
Driver

It was a no go for me also. The dealership I bought from ( audio, benz, smart & porche) had the valve spring recall done and they said that was why. If I bought from an actual owner it would have been transferable. I don't get the drive train warranty extension either. Oh well i got an extended warranty from dealer I bought from for the same amount of miles. I did get a $150 service credit though for my troubles.
Old 01-26-11, 10:27 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Call again when you get you're official registration, also tell them the dealer where you had you're recall done.
Old 01-27-11, 08:23 AM
LexFather

Have you updated Lexus with your info?

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home
Old 01-27-11, 06:52 PM
tekjunkie
Driver School Candidate

What is this $500 gc that everyone keeps referring to?
Old 01-27-11, 07:10 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by tekjunkie
What is this $500 gc that everyone keeps referring to?

I guess we are all supposed to know that. I bought mine new from a Lexus dealer - does that mean I DO get $500
Old 01-27-11, 07:19 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MizikeTSK
It was a no go for me also. The dealership I bought from ( audio, benz, smart & porche) had the valve spring recall done and they said that was why. If I bought from an actual owner it would have been transferable. I don't get the drive train warranty extension either. Oh well i got an extended warranty from dealer I bought from for the same amount of miles. I did get a $150 service credit though for my troubles.
Makes sense. If the dealer you bought the car from had the recall done before selling it to you, then you weren't inconvenienced by the recall.
Old 01-28-11, 09:55 AM
ecko1211
Rookie

Originally Posted by *Batman*
Makes sense. If the dealer you bought the car from had the recall done before selling it to you, then you weren't inconvenienced by the recall.
and if you bought the car from a lexus dealer before the recall and then had them fix the car you were suppose to received the gift card? all i received was the extended warranty letter and the $1500 gift certificate to buy a new lexus.
Old 01-28-11, 10:38 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ecko1211
and if you bought the car from a lexus dealer before the recall and then had them fix the car you were suppose to received the gift card? all i received was the extended warranty letter and the $1500 gift certificate to buy a new lexus.
They have some algorithm which tries to help them determine which gift to give you. From my observations of what people on the forum have said, here is what I can tell (note these are just observations not hard facts):
1) Non CPO Used car buyers get the extended warranty and $1500 gift certificate
2) New car buyers and CPO buyers get either extended warranty or $500 gift certificate depending on how long they have had car (and possibly mileage). So idea is if they don't think you will need an extended warranty they don't give it to you.
3) Recently instead of giving the $500 gift certificate, they have offered some people a $2000 new car certificate instead of a $1500 certificate (this is the worst offer imo).

Some people have successfully called Lexus and raised hell over getting the warranty instead of the gift card. In a few instances they were able to get the gift card.

Your degree of leverage should be considered in light of your value to Lexus as a customer (at the end of the day they are business and their goal is to retain people who give them the best margins). In other words they are doing this to retain the customers they want to keep, they aren't just giving them out to everyone who has a car.

It would make sense then that they give the most valuable gifts in order of some logic like this:
Repeat new car customers (ranked by spend) > One-time new car customer > Used car Lexus CPO customer > Used car Lexus non-CPO customer > used car bought through non-Lexus franchise

Last edited by *Batman*; 01-28-11 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-28-11, 10:55 AM
ekc
Pole Position

I got the extended powertrain warranty paperwork from Lexus a couple weeks ago, despite previously calling Lexus Corporate and confirming I already have a Plantinum Warranty in place. They told me I would be getting the GC instead. Man they can't do anything right...
Old 01-28-11, 12:33 PM
ecko1211
Rookie

well mine was CPO that already had the extended warranty up to 100k so basically i got screwed at the price of my CPO car if they were going to extend the warranty anyway.
Old 01-28-11, 04:06 PM
silvercvic
Driver School Candidate

I want a $500 gc, I bought my 07 in late 06, do I fall into this category? Anyone have the number to Lexus?
Old 01-28-11, 04:31 PM
silvercvic
Driver School Candidate

I just called and I guess I fell into that cateogry. They said they were sending them out in bunches and it would be a couple of weeks before I get mine.

Anyone want to call? Here is the number:

General Inquiries: 1-800-255-3987 (Option 2)
Old 01-28-11, 11:34 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 198 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by silvercvic
I just called and I guess I fell into that cateogry. They said they were sending them out in bunches and it would be a couple of weeks before I get mine.

Thank you... i will do this Monday. Its been 2 months since i had the recall work. No full tank of gas neither.
Old 01-29-11, 09:02 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by silvercvic

When did you get the letter and when did you complete the recall?

Quick Reply: I'm Not Getting A $500 Gift Card