GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Lights Point Low, Side mirrors won't move

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-11, 08:23 PM
miro
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights Point Low, Side mirrors won't move

just curious if anyone out there has the same issues with their GS. Mine is an 06 GS300

I've been wondering for a while if the front lights aren't pointing a little too low? I'd say they go out about 70 feet or so. When we drove trough the Mojave desert and New Mexico it was pitch dark we almost ran off the road because it was so hard to see when the headlights are on low/normal! We told our dealer JM Lexus several times about this but they insist it's fine and normal. Their response was that the lights are designed auto-adjust or something to that effect

Then there are the side mirrors acting up and not moving. The driver's side mirror in particular has been a problem, when backing up it wouldn't go down or it would get stuck, that even after getting replaced twice. And also the car eventually would forget the position of the driver's side mirror or sometimes both.

Last edited by miro; 02-15-11 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-15-11, 08:50 PM
bigblack06
Forum Moderator

Received 327 Likes on 224 Posts

sounds like you got some issue's, the lights you gotta do on your own, the dealership will not raise it any higher because they are regulated to keep it at a certain height. There is a person who did it on this site just do a search. On the mirrors not sure whats going on their, have you tried to keep the button pressed when using the mirror maybe it wil fix that problem.
Old 02-20-11, 02:00 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
sounds like you got some issue's, the lights you gotta do on your own, the dealership will not raise it any higher because they are regulated to keep it at a certain height. There is a person who did it on this site just do a search. On the mirrors not sure whats going on their, have you tried to keep the button pressed when using the mirror maybe it wil fix that problem.
Actually, this is not true or will depends on each dealership. I felt the same thing that my lights don't shine far enough up the road and I went through the entire procedure as outlined in the manual. I inquired at my dealership and they said they would put the car up against the legal board (a vertical white board marked off for distance and height). They said they would adjust the lights up as far as they could without going over the legal limit. This did make an improvement.

As for the mirrors: well know GS flaw. If you car is under warranty, there is a TSB and it should be covered.

steviej