GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Is This The New GS

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-11, 08:07 AM
dwiall
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is This The New GS

Searching the net for the new 2012 GS I came across this. I can't make out the emblem but it does not look like one I have seen before. I found it and it was labeled "2012 Lexus GS". If this is it, I will be the first to own one no-matter what the cost. Does anyone know the make of this machine or have any additional info?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Is This The New GS-2012-lexus-gs.jpg  
Old 03-02-11, 08:08 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if you like it, why not get it no matter the manufacturer
Old 03-02-11, 08:13 AM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Tesla.. not a GS.
Old 03-02-11, 08:14 AM
LexFather

That is the concept Tesla Model S. It is a full EV and will seat 7 with a 17" screen or so inside. I really like it. Here is the near production pic.

I thin it is one good looking sedan!

http://www.teslamotors.com/models

Old 03-02-11, 08:14 AM
felixdang
Driver

If that's he new GS, I rather prefer the old one instead.. My 2 cents ( not feeling the look )
Old 03-02-11, 08:15 AM
dwiall
Driver

Can you tell me the manufacture, I really don't think it is Lexus. I would like to know a little more about it. If it has a good reputation maybe I will buy it.
Old 03-02-11, 08:26 AM
dwiall
Driver

Boy, that was short lived. I like it but performance is the same as current GS and only 300 miles before a 45 minute recharge. Maybe the moderator can delete this post, I don't see this going anywhere good.

Thanks for helping me out with the make though, I'll move on to something else.
Old 03-02-11, 08:34 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

The new GS better step up its game big time! Cause it won't be easy out-classing the current GS model! Our cars look awesome! Even better when modded!

I love my Lexus! I hardly drive the M5 cause I just really enjoy the GS. Time to sell the M.
Old 03-02-11, 09:55 AM
MK369
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by designo
The new GS better step up its game big time! Cause it won't be easy out-classing the current GS model! Our cars look awesome! Even better when modded!

I love my Lexus! I hardly drive the M5 cause I just really enjoy the GS. Time to sell the M.
3GS ROCKK!!
Old 03-02-11, 12:32 PM
Riceater
Driver

Holy cow people.. he even posted a link. It's the new Tesla. NOT A LEXUS, NOT A GS, NOT A TOYOTA, NOT A SCION!

It's an electric sedan. Go to Tesla's website. It's actually a very badass car. If more electric cars come out like this one.. I could see myself buying one as a daily and maybe buying something cheaper and gas powered for long road trips.
Old 03-02-11, 12:54 PM
ekc
Pole Position

^^ I second that. Tesla makes nice cars. Electric motors have the advantage of 100% torque starting at 0 rpm. Not to mention zero emissions and no gasoline needed. Think about that every time you put gas in your car.

The only limitation right now is the lack of infrastructure to support recharging these cars in public places. It might be difficult to find a charging station on a road trip unless you can borrow someone's garage outlet. Maybe the skyrocketing fule prices will open some eyes.
Old 03-02-11, 02:48 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i hope the 4gs is just an evolution of the 3gs, without the bubble butt.
Old 03-03-11, 07:55 AM
dwiall
Driver

Originally Posted by ekc
^^ I second that. Tesla makes nice cars. Electric motors have the advantage of 100% torque starting at 0 rpm. Not to mention zero emissions and no gasoline needed. Think about that every time you put gas in your car.

The only limitation right now is the lack of infrastructure to support recharging these cars in public places. It might be difficult to find a charging station on a road trip unless you can borrow someone's garage outlet. Maybe the skyrocketing fule prices will open some eyes.
I think electric cars actually produce more emissions. There is a power plant down the road burning something to produce the the electricity coming out of you wall socket. The lose of energy through conversion by the time it goes through your car to the road I would think is greater than if you just burned the fuel yourself. Hydro and wind won't help either until our supply is 100%. We supply based on demand, you may charge your car with wind or hydro but now someone else has to use hydrocarbons for their demand. I also think the energy used to produce the battery is greater then that used to produce a combustion engine. Maybe a small wind turbine in your back yard would eliminate most of the emissions involved in an electric car. I'm sure there are other variables involved that I missed and I am always ready for new info.

Does anyone know the brand of rims that are on this car, I like them but don't know how they would look on the 3GS. Any thoughts on how they would look, or can someone photoshop them in on a white car for me?

Thanks
Old 03-03-11, 08:11 AM
dwiall
Driver

Originally Posted by ekc

I think electric cars actually produce more emissions. There is a power plant down the road burning something to produce the the electricity coming out of you wall socket. The lose of energy through conversion by the time it goes through your car to the road I would think is greater than if you just burned the fuel yourself. Hydro and wind won't help either until our supply is 100%. We supply based on demand, you may charge your car with wind or hydro but now someone else has to use hydrocarbons for their demand. I also think the energy used to produce the battery is greater then that used to produce a combustion engine. Maybe a small wind turbine in your back yard would eliminate most of the emissions involved in an electric car. I'm sure there are other variables involved that I missed and I am always ready for new info.

Does anyone know the brand of rims that are on this car, I like them but don't know how they would look on the 3GS. Any thoughts on how they would look, or can someone photoshop them in on a white car for me?

Thanks
Old 03-03-11, 08:25 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

I'd love it if the new GS looked anything like that. That is easily one of the nicest looking sedans I've ever seen. Really amazing.

Quick Reply: Is This The New GS