GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Any suggestion on a bodykit that goes right on the stock????

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-11, 05:03 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1supra
http://www.andysautosport.com/lexus/...me_dimensions/

even cheaper,I have no prob saving $ as long as the quality of a product is good.Someone else here posted this link and pics of them on his car,they were pretty nice
What is the general consensus on these duraflex body kits? They were trying to destroy that thing in the video and looks like no damage at all
Old 03-10-11, 10:09 PM
1supra
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...thread-93.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post6214763

check out whats being said here,qual looks good,furthermore alot of the jap import stuff is crap,in alot of cases not as good as duraflex
Old 03-11-11, 10:47 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

what page on that thread? i cant really find anything specific on duraflex
Old 03-11-11, 10:52 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 1supra
http://www.andysautosport.com/lexus/...me_dimensions/

even cheaper,I have no prob saving $ as long as the quality of a product is good.Someone else here posted this link and pics of them on his car,they were pretty nice
good luck with that. cheap parts are usually cheap for a reason.
Old 03-11-11, 11:43 AM
1supra
Pole Position

and worse yet,expensive parts come low quality for no reason,the guy says in the thread the body shop tech said it was very good quality.It looks really good on his gs in the pics,very good fitment as well. I guess if it makes you feel good to spend more $ have at it,I prefer saving myself
Old 03-11-11, 12:02 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

im all about saving money too but im just warning you as ive been down this road and have seen others go down it too. just because its cheap doesnt always mean its better.

in the end its your decision and money. post up pics if you decide to buy it.
Old 03-11-11, 07:25 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

most of the time you get what you pay for sometimes its just the name you pay for. My GFX parts fit like a glove and I couldnt be happier with them and how the car looks.
Old 03-11-11, 08:40 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
good luck with that. cheap parts are usually cheap for a reason.
Hey, watch out. That's my car with the cheap duraflex kit by Extreme Dimensions.
I've done the expensive poly eurethane kits in the past. They are best for long lasting flexibility but usually require extra effort by techs to install....in my experience. This kit came out the box and fit right on. The techs who installed it have done all my work and they were very happy with this one because it was so easy. It's also very light weight and is durable. I have knicked it several times and it's holding up well. So well that I will buy from Extreme Dimensions agains without hesitation.

I read the forums and lots of people have had issues with the expensive kits. Comments like yours are so misleading.
Old 03-11-11, 09:10 PM
1supra
Pole Position

there are a million guys like that in the supra world that think if its not from japan its crap,guys fiberglass and poly are not rocket science.A ton of guys payed top $ for jap supra aero parts and got ripped as well,some smaller American companies either splashed there designs and made them 3x better for 3x less $ or made their own designs for 3x cheaper. the choices for this gs are very limited and mostly expensive.
You can get full bumpers for the supra that are way nicer and higher quality than the lips offered for the gs,for less $ than the lips cost,the biggest diff is they are produced and sold here in the states!
Old 03-12-11, 04:55 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The aftermarket world for the Supra and GS are not the same. Supra parts should be 10x less then what GS parts cost. How many people purchase a GS and do the things that we all enjoy?

Heck look at most of my threads were I wanted to add performance and many thought I was crazy I know what I had to pay for most of the parts on my car and I can buy them for a fraction of the cost if I had a different car. But we dont have that different car so either you pay to play or take your chances.

Ice350 - I could of sworn that you had to take your car back to have them fix the front lip? Seems to me that it wasnt so easy to install or they would have figured it out the first time. Installing a gfx on this car doesnt get any easier. I installed all my parts and had no issues.

Yes you can get an expensive kit and fitment may not be perfect. Rominl mentioned this with his JobDesign. IMO it looks the best but your paying for the name. To my knowledge this is the only aftermarket that I have read of that had fitment issues.

At the end of the day with the GS you get what you pay for. The time and material with less demand is going to cost us more. Welcome to the world of modifying a Lexus IMO. My IS350 was the same way.
Old 03-12-11, 07:54 AM
1supra
Pole Position

Thats a good reason to not mod much,the car is a luxury car after all,Im doing a front lip and wheels,and gutting the cats for better response in the 460 and done. You are right demand has much to do with it,but there are far fewer supras around than Gs cars,its not like im talking about civic parts.
I really like your lip,If it were sent to modelista or a similiar company here,they could make a splash of it and make a thicker higher quality part for 3x less $
Old 03-12-11, 10:03 AM
BennyD
Rookie

I'm just getting a used lexon, how is that for quality and price?
Old 03-12-11, 04:02 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
Ice350 - I could of sworn that you had to take your car back to have them fix the front lip? Seems to me that it wasnt so easy to install or they would have figured it out the first time. Installing a gfx on this car doesnt get any easier. I installed all my parts and had no issues.
Good memory. I did take it back because a member here saw my first pics and said my kit was put on crooked. I took it back to check it out but it was put on correctly. They changed nothing.
Old 03-12-11, 08:00 PM
1supra
Pole Position

what does a used lexon lip roughly cost?
Old 03-13-11, 09:43 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

After this thread im confused...i def would like to see what i buy in person before i buy it, but that ia not always an option

Quick Reply: Any suggestion on a bodykit that goes right on the stock????