GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

oil maintenance light

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-11, 03:00 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
Its almost as difficult as using the search function,
c'mon son,,,for me, i go to dealership for anything,,, i can get a free car wash, sandwich, and massage while i am asking this question,,
Old 03-16-11, 05:31 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol... yeah they charge for the free sandwiches now at my dealer, and I think my car is too low for them to get on the lift
Old 03-16-11, 06:23 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by gsexy300
If you are annoyed by the question, go jump into one of the forum threads that you find attractive and leave this one alone. I STILL don't get why some of you guys are so picky about repeat questions.

It's like you guys watch the homepage like hawks, just waiting for any topic that might have been posted once in the prior 4 years, and then jump all over the OP for daring to bring it up.

yes, we know there's a search function, it just doesn't always return exactly what we are looking for.
Hello everybody!

Does anybody know how to get rid of that annoying "Oil Maintenance" warning?

And why you're at it, my sun roof is acting up. Is there a way to make it work right?
Old 03-17-11, 05:30 AM
steviej
Lexus Champion

lol... yeah they charge for the free sandwiches now at my dealer, and I think my car is too low for them to get on the lift
ok, you got me. if they charge for free sandwiches, then how can they be free?
Old 03-17-11, 06:29 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by steviej
ok, you got me. if they charge for free sandwiches, then how can they be free?
It was actually a joke. The sandwiches actually used to be free but they now charge for them. So in essence the sandwiches dubbed free at one point now cost money, get it!
Old 03-17-11, 06:45 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by arnieosp
Hello everybody!

Does anybody know how to get rid of that annoying "Oil Maintenance" warning?

And why you're at it, my sun roof is acting up. Is there a way to make it work right?
Don't forget your headlights turning off.
Old 03-17-11, 07:01 AM
gsexy300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was actually a joke. The sandwiches actually used to be free but they now charge for them. So in essence the sandwiches dubbed free at one point now cost money, get it!
Sounds like one of those "optional standard features". Or was it "Standard optional features..."
Old 03-17-11, 07:02 AM
MadDawg350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gsexy300
If you are annoyed by the question, go jump into one of the forum threads that you find attractive and leave this one alone. I STILL don't get why some of you guys are so picky about repeat questions.

It's like you guys watch the homepage like hawks, just waiting for any topic that might have been posted once in the prior 4 years, and then jump all over the OP for daring to bring it up.

yes, we know there's a search function, it just doesn't always return exactly what we are looking for.

I see it like this and I am paraphrasing here, "give a man a fish, he will eat for the day, teach the man how to fish, he will eat for a lifetime." Or in other words, is it better to be told the answer or how to find the answer?

Yes, I agree with you that the search function does not always give you answer you are looking for. So try again, refining, redefining the paramaters of your search until you find what you are looking for. You will learn more that way, likely picking up other very useful bits of info along the way.
Old 03-17-11, 07:27 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
while its annoying lets not forget that we all started some where at one point in time. go back and look at your first few post on CL, i bet you guys asked some of the same questions. Lets go easy on new people.
Originally Posted by MadDawg350
I see it like this and I am paraphrasing here, "give a man a fish, he will eat for the day, teach the man how to fish, he will eat for a lifetime." Or in other words, is it better to be told the answer or how to find the answer?

Yes, I agree with you that the search function does not always give you answer you are looking for. So try again, refining, redefining the paramaters of your search until you find what you are looking for. You will learn more that way, likely picking up other very useful bits of info along the way.
These guys got it right.

Members if you're going to give a 'use search' answer alone or accompanyed by some smarky remark, we'd prefer you not reply at all. It doesn't help other members and encourages threads to go down the tubes like this one. Plus it makes it more annoying for the other members with you bumping unproductive threads.

If you're going to tell a less-experienced member to search, take the time to tell them what to search for and give them an example thread you found searching and how you found it.

For example, if I'd seen this thread last night I would have responded as below.
=============================================================

rkling6410,

This has been asked MANY times before on CL. If you'll take just a couple of seconds to search before posting your question you can find your answer instantly, with no waiting.

Open forum advanced search (on the top menu bar)
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/search.php

Put in keywords "oil maintenance" and then select the little dropdown that says 'search in title'. That'll help narrow down your results in most cases to the threads closest to what you want.

Then under 'search in forums' scroll down a little select the 3gs subforum.

You'll get six threads back including this one. All of them (except yours) tell you how to do it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...il+maintenance

Also contained here
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...d-how-tos.html