GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

*PICS* Waxed and Detailed on a beautiful Florida day

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-11, 11:02 AM
Coolpop
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

About the only change I want to make - and will make - is the wheels. I want some better looking wheels. That will be it.
Old 03-13-11, 08:44 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gsexy300
seriously, for all the talk that goes on about 'modded' cars here, I really think that the stock ones almost always look better. Everytime I see a lowered, tinted, GS ridin' on 'dubs' and sporting chromed b-pillars with rain guards I just get a weird "Fast and Furious" riced out pimpmobile vibe. There's no way you'll be able to sell a seriously modded car without taking a significant depreciation hit.

I look at some GS riding on Tanabe springs with chromed wheels and I just see visions of 40 second smoky burnout YouTube videos while your gang cheers you on.
I also hate when people put down something just because they don't like it. Dude, my car isn't riced out but if it floats your boat to thinks so, be my guest.
In my opinion the gs does not look best with small 18 in wheels...but it doesn't look bad either.
Old 03-14-11, 06:43 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 198 Likes on 131 Posts

seriously, for all the talk that goes on about 'modded' cars here, I really think that the stock ones almost always look better. Everytime I see a lowered, tinted, GS ridin' on 'dubs' and sporting chromed b-pillars with rain guards I just get a weird "Fast and Furious" riced out pimpmobile vibe. There's no way you'll be able to sell a seriously modded car without taking a significant depreciation hit.

I look at some GS riding on Tanabe springs with chromed wheels and I just see visions of 40 second smoky burnout YouTube videos while your gang cheers you on.
Funny because the main reason i bought a GS was because how it looks lowered on staggered 20" rims!! Like Ice350 said, stock with 18s just looks OK.
Old 03-15-11, 03:47 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The factory gs body looks amazing but when it comes to factory wheels and suspension it makes the car look almost like an suv. As far as losing value most of us part the car out and put it back to factory before sale. There us also nothing wrong with doing burnouts life is to short to live in a box and not have fun.
Old 03-15-11, 04:59 AM
Coolpop
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no desire to heavily mod it, lower it, part it out. All I want is some better wheels. That would satisfy me completely.
Old 03-15-11, 07:58 AM
kraven9
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job.
Old 03-15-11, 10:42 AM
gsexy300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by msgs350
Funny because the main reason i bought a GS was because how it looks lowered on staggered 20" rims!! Like Ice350 said, stock with 18s just looks OK.
Even 18"s are too big, with the low profile tires. You cannot make a car ride smoothly with this setup. Check this article out:
Hold the Rubber: Why Big Tires Are No Fun
http://cartalk.com/blogs/jamie-kitman/?p=14
Old 03-15-11, 10:44 AM
gsexy300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
The factory gs body looks amazing but when it comes to factory wheels and suspension it makes the car look almost like an suv. As far as losing value most of us part the car out and put it back to factory before sale. There us also nothing wrong with doing burnouts life is to short to live in a box and not have fun.
If I bought my used GS from you, and later found your YouTube vids doing repeated brake stands I'd be plenty pissed. That is just abusive and ruins the driveline. Not mention is a horrible waste of fuel and rubber.
Old 03-15-11, 07:34 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Wish I still lived in FL. Looking good
Old 03-16-11, 04:15 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

If I bought my used GS from you, and later found your YouTube vids doing repeated brake stands I'd be plenty pissed. That is just abusive and ruins the driveline. Not mention is a horrible waste of fuel and rubber.
Well we don t have to worry about that cause I have no plans on getting rid of it, and my car has probrably been taken care of more than most. The 3 burnouts I have done in my car highly doubt have done anything to hurt the vehicle. Last time I checked you didn t buy my fuel or tires. Trust me when I do a motorswap on it you ll probrably see alot more of it since you seem to be so interested in what I do with my car.
Old 03-16-11, 06:20 AM
skim07
Driver

Nice job! I really like the look of stock wheels. I would go with that oem 5 spoke over the spider but that's just me. I might ****** a set when I find a good deal online.
Old 03-16-11, 07:44 AM
Lexlthr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job! It looks real clean!
Old 03-16-11, 10:22 AM
gsexy300
Pole Position

Well we don t have to worry about that cause I have no plans on getting rid of it, and my car has probrably been taken care of more than most. The 3 burnouts I have done in my car highly doubt have done anything to hurt the vehicle. Last time I checked you didn t buy my fuel or tires. Trust me when I do a motorswap on it you ll probrably see alot more of it since you seem to be so interested in what I do with my car.
Just saying that fuel is a finite resource, we all need it for practical purposes. It bothers me when I see guys deliberately wasting the stuff just for kicks. C'mon, we're not 16 anymore. And you can't say it doesn't affect anyone else- We ALL pay the price in higher fuel costs because Americans consume such a staggering amount of the stuff. And doing smokey burnouts wastes fuel more than anything else I can imagine.
Old 03-16-11, 11:20 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

^^^^baaaaaaahaaahaaaaha are you kidding me there is plenty of oil everywhere, your naive if you don t believe so. The only reason fuel is outrageous is because the rich get richer and the poor get poorer it's the way the world works. There are plenty of other means of energy but the worlds economy depends so much on the sale of oil that to replace it with something more plentiful and cheaper would not only devastate our economy but that of many other countries all over the world. You should open your eyes and look further than the illusions portrayed by a failing economic system. Anyway I paid good money for my gas I can do what I want with it!!BTW sorry for thread jackin Im done!!
Old 03-16-11, 12:19 PM
gsexy300
Pole Position

^^^^baaaaaaahaaahaaaaha are you kidding me there is plenty of oil everywhere, your naive if you don t believe so. The only reason fuel is outrageous is because the rich get richer and the poor get poorer it's the way the world works. There are plenty of other means of energy but the worlds economy depends so much on the sale of oil that to replace it with something more plentiful and cheaper would not only devastate our economy but that of many other countries all over the world. You should open your eyes and look further than the illusions portrayed by a failing economic system. Anyway I paid good money for my gas I can do what I want with it!!BTW sorry for thread jackin Im done!!
Peak oil is here. You are partaking in "wishful thinking" like most Americans who grew up believing it is their inalienable right to consume 25% of the world's energy with only 2% of the worlds population.

It's not sustainable, there is no replacement for oil, and sadly it's not going to last much longer. We are facing a horrendous energy/population/food/economic crash. Probably by 2012.

Quick Reply: *PICS* Waxed and Detailed on a beautiful Florida day