GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Is this a good deal? 07 gs350

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-11, 10:15 AM
gritty
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is this a good deal? 07 gs350

Do you guys think that this is a good deal?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 03-15-11, 10:40 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a decent deal if the car has not been in a major accident. You need to pull CarFax and whatever the other similar type of a report.
Old 03-15-11, 10:51 AM
gsexy300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gritty
Do you guys think that this is a good deal?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
It's an ok deal at aboot $22. No ML, no AWD and very high miles. Plus it's 4 years old. Sound's like a shady dealer too, but they will be more willing to deal than a Lexus shop. Those giant dealerships can hold out forever. It seems like they just don't really care that much about moving used inventory.
Old 03-15-11, 11:08 AM
gritty
Rookie

Originally Posted by gsexy300
It's an ok deal at aboot $22. No ML, no AWD and very high miles. Plus it's 4 years old. Sound's like a shady dealer too, but they will be more willing to deal than a Lexus shop. Those giant dealerships can hold out forever. It seems like they just don't really care that much about moving used inventory.
You think that 36k miles is high for an 07?
Old 03-15-11, 11:49 AM
gsexy300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gritty
You think that 36k miles is high for an 07?
I think anything over 30K is very high miles. No matter what, the paint will be chipped, you'll have scratches, the paint will be basically ruined. Driving a car is a terrible thing to do it.
Old 03-15-11, 12:08 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I think anything over 30K is very high miles. No matter what, the paint will be chipped, you'll have scratches, the paint will be basically ruined. Driving a car is a terrible thing to do it.
so do you pay to have your car sit in the garage? its a car not an investment
Old 03-15-11, 12:17 PM
gsexy300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
what can i tell you. I go batsh00t insane with rage and despair when I see how horrible my 40,000 mile '06 GS looks in broad daylight. Scratches, nicks, stains, and I baby the thing. Wash it 1x per week, give it the triple Mother's treatment, dry it with special microfiber towels. Even took it to the Stealership for the $100 ultimate detail. Still looks terrible.

It looks every minute of its five years.
Old 03-15-11, 12:22 PM
Mike1970
Lead Lap

yup lol
Old 03-15-11, 12:46 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

exactly. this is no antique collectible.

what can i tell you. I go batsh00t insane with rage and despair when I see how horrible my 40,000 mile '06 GS looks in broad daylight. Scratches, nicks, stains, and I baby the thing. Wash it 1x per week, give it the triple Mother's treatment, dry it with special microfiber towels. Even took it to the Stealership for the $100 ultimate detail. Still looks terrible.

It looks every minute of its five years.

you should have vinyl wrapped or clearbra'd, if you're that annoyed by the paint. with the money that you've spent, a clearbra would have been the best investment.
Old 03-15-11, 01:21 PM
Mike1970
Lead Lap

Back on topics the deal is ok it would have ben a cpo it would be great if the carfax is clean. See if they will let you have a lexus dealer check it out
Old 03-16-11, 07:49 AM
Lexlthr
Pole Position

Run the VIN on the Lexus Owners website to see the service history and as already said, run a Carfax. If everything checks out, go for it!
Old 03-16-11, 01:45 PM
jaybird
Driver School Candidate

i drive by that dealer on the way to my son's school and have looked at cars in there before - i'd be leery and definitely make sure you get the car looked at by a mechanic before you buy anything. the price seems far too low for that car in good condition with no accident history - kbb and nada both show ~$30K+ for retail price and trade-in value is even $26K+ if you add in the navigation, which that car has, so the dealer listing it for less than trade-in value for a clean car is a good indicator of what kind of shape it's in.

i bought an 07 gs350 very similar in specs late last year and paid $28,8K, and i felt i got a reasonable deal after lots of homework.

if you do want that car checked out, the mechanic i use is great (former lexus mechanic, now has his own shop), he checked out the car that i ended up buying and gave it a clean bill of health for around $60-80 i believe.

also one other gotcha - the car i bought had not had the VSR done yet, which meant 4 days in the shop for the recall work shortly after i bought it. i'd guess that car is probably in the same boat. not a problem, just something to be aware of.

hope that helps!
Old 03-17-11, 04:39 AM
gritty
Rookie

Originally Posted by jaybird
i drive by that dealer on the way to my son's school and have looked at cars in there before - i'd be leery and definitely make sure you get the car looked at by a mechanic before you buy anything. the price seems far too low for that car in good condition with no accident history - kbb and nada both show ~$30K+ for retail price and trade-in value is even $26K+ if you add in the navigation, which that car has, so the dealer listing it for less than trade-in value for a clean car is a good indicator of what kind of shape it's in.

i bought an 07 gs350 very similar in specs late last year and paid $28,8K, and i felt i got a reasonable deal after lots of homework.

if you do want that car checked out, the mechanic i use is great (former lexus mechanic, now has his own shop), he checked out the car that i ended up buying and gave it a clean bill of health for around $60-80 i believe.

also one other gotcha - the car i bought had not had the VSR done yet, which meant 4 days in the shop for the recall work shortly after i bought it. i'd guess that car is probably in the same boat. not a problem, just something to be aware of.

hope that helps!
Thanks for the info. Can I have the number of the mechanic that you are referring to?
Old 03-17-11, 05:03 AM
jaybird
Driver School Candidate

sure. it's Ozzi's Automotive, and the # is (770) 552-5280. I had an '01 gs300 before i bought my current car so i've been going to him for 6 or 7 years now, he runs a great shop.
Old 03-17-11, 05:20 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

just remember theres a reason why cars like this end up on cheap lots like AAA. Lexus has first dibs on by backs from leases if they meet their standards. if not they get sent out to auction and usually are bought by maybe another dealer or a smaller independent car dealer because there may have been 1 or 2 things that lexus saw which wouldnt qualify as a CPO. Typically if something is really wrong with the car even these people pass up on them and the cars end up on John Doe's Discount Car Lot.

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal? 07 gs350