GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Installed navi overide and windows dont work! help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-11, 10:23 AM
coleco
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed navi overide and windows dont work! help

Hi everyone,
I have a 2006 GS300 and did install the Prestigious Society kit last night. I thought installation went ok, its a lot for one person if you have never done anything like this before. Putting everything back once the module installed is much faster. Everything seemed to be o.k., and it works as advertised.
This afternoon I noticed that all the windows, except the drivers, would not go down. I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of that before. I am thinking it could be fuse related, but cant rule out it was an error on my part. I did remove the negative terminal from that battery as instructed during installation but i guess something could have happened when i reconnected it. There seemed to be a lot of sparking and lights/radio going on and off during reconnection.

So my question is if the only window that does work is the drivers window, could there be a defect in the window lock out switch by the drivers left armrest? If that is the case could anyone tell me which fuse I would need to check? My best guess, using the car's manual, is 18, 19, 20, or 21. It doesnt say specifically that any of them are responsible for the driver window lock mechanism. I will look at them all of course but wondered if anyone knew specifically which one it would be. If not fuse, related, I dread the idea that I damaged or did something to a wire inside - I would hate to have to take everything apart again but more importantly I would not know where to even look for this. I have tried to google a fuse diagram for this car but not having any luck.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks.
coleco
Old 05-25-11, 10:34 AM
coleco
Rookie

Let me add that the keyless remote does not activate any window other than the drivers, nor does the sunroof open if standing outside with the remote. As far as the sun roof it did not seem to initially work but after playing around for a few secs and holding down the buttons it will now open/close, tilt up/down, etc. when I am driving. However both buttons appear to do everything - meaning it cycles through up/down and then opens/closes if you hold them down long enough. I dont recall it working like that before unless I am remembering incorrectly.
Old 05-25-11, 10:35 AM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

Sounds like you need to reset. Try rolling down the window from that actual door. Roll it all the way down then back up. Do this a couple times.

This will reset the connection. Then it will work again from the drivers side.

Make sense?
Old 05-25-11, 10:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i suppose you disconnected the battery. reset all the windows switches as mentioned, you can search to find the exact steps

test your moonroof too, it might need reset as well
Old 05-25-11, 10:47 AM
coleco
Rookie

well what doesn't make sense is why I did not try to lower the window from that actual window, and not just the drivers panel! I'm an idiot apparently. I guess, given how scared I was when taking part of the dash apart, I assumed I did something wrong with all those wires, screws, bolts, etc.

Thanks so very much for your response!
Old 05-25-11, 10:50 AM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

No problem. :-) Took me a few minutes the first time too!!! Have a good one.