GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Check Everything Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-11, 05:17 PM
JBasco20
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mr3gs300
did u feel like the car had shut off ? that sounds so weird and scary at the same time
as far as how the brakes acted yes... like i said the brake power was seriously reduced... the car never shut off and the steering and all wasn't effected. Just the brakes....
Old 05-29-11, 06:00 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

did u get the valve spring recall done??
Old 05-29-11, 06:51 PM
JBasco20
Pole Position

430 didn't have that recall...
Old 05-30-11, 04:43 PM
electron
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same thing happened to me when I had low brake fluid.
Old 05-30-11, 06:37 PM
JBasco20
Pole Position

after a nightmare of a day with them they still have the car and might have more info tomorrow on what they think the problem is.
Old 05-30-11, 11:05 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
oh snap!

you bought a mercedes in lexus clothing.
Funny. I was think the same thing. I was thinking this is some Audi/Benz ish right here
Old 05-31-11, 06:57 AM
JBasco20
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Funny. I was think the same thing. I was thinking this is some Audi/Benz ish right here
well with what happened at Westside Lexus yesterday you would have thought i bought a Kia.
Old 05-31-11, 11:20 AM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JBasco20
well with what happened at Westside Lexus yesterday you would have thought i bought a Kia.
Nah, the Kia would have been fine!!!

Lexus Corporate would be my next phone call depending on what the dealership says.
Old 05-31-11, 01:13 PM
JBasco20
Pole Position

They still haven't found the problem yet they are still running some test but right now i think it has them stumped... He said they have an engineer coming in tomorrow for another car and he is going to ask him if he can look at mine.
Old 05-31-11, 03:56 PM
rhy
Pole Position

If it's a long drive to the dealer, you might want to look into an obd2 code reader. It could help you understand what's going on. Something like Equus/Innova would work just fine.
Old 06-02-11, 08:36 AM
JBasco20
Pole Position

they still haven't found the problem the last update was the engineer thought it could be a pinched wire or one of the pins on the ECU and they were inspecting the wires and the ecu.
Old 06-09-11, 03:31 PM
JBasco20
Pole Position

*update* They just called me to come and pick the car up they have given up and don't know what the problem is. I guess we will have to wait until it happens again and im not able to stop and i get into an accident.
Old 06-12-11, 08:25 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rhy
If it's a long drive to the dealer, you might want to look into an obd2 code reader. It could help you understand what's going on. Something like Equus/Innova would work just fine.
Originally Posted by JBasco20
*update* They just called me to come and pick the car up they have given up and don't know what the problem is. I guess we will have to wait until it happens again and im not able to stop and i get into an accident.
I have had this happen every once in a while since Novemeber of 2009. Been to the dealer and they can't recreate because it is intermittent. Have you dealer open a ticket with corporate. My dealership did in May (Herb Chambers Lexus) It appears to be a CAN BUS code problem. My dealer has pulled U codes from memory but won't replace any computer module until he can get it when the lights are on. They don't want to throw parts at the problem at my expense unless they know which module is the culprit.

You see, at some point one computer looses communication with another and you get a series of lights that don't really link together but in computer talk they do. When I get the "christmas tree" of lights, they all have steering invovled somehow. AFS OFF, TRAC, BRAKE, (!), etc. The funny think with mine is that even the light on the dash that indicates the tranny position goes out and the temp gauge goes to C (even though the engine is at normal operating temp). The Check engine light is never on.

Pulling over and shutting the car off and they restarting is like rebooting your desktop computer. If all communications check out, you are good to go and no lights are on, untill the next time. When it happens to me, I loose the power steering. I hate that when it happens at 70mph.

So far, at least in my case, it appears to the be power steering module that is my culprit, but we haven't proven it. It that module has to be replaced, we are talking a grand for the ECU. I have posted about this in the Check VSC thread and one other.

I invested in an INNOVA code reader that will pull CAN BUS codes as well as the traditional OBDII P and B codes. This way when it happens, I can record the actual codes for the dealer.

JBasco, You are not alone.

steviej
Old 06-15-11, 08:09 AM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by steviej
I have had this happen every once in a while since Novemeber of 2009. Been to the dealer and they can't recreate because it is intermittent. Have you dealer open a ticket with corporate. My dealership did in May (Herb Chambers Lexus) It appears to be a CAN BUS code problem. My dealer has pulled U codes from memory but won't replace any computer module until he can get it when the lights are on. They don't want to throw parts at the problem at my expense unless they know which module is the culprit.

You see, at some point one computer looses communication with another and you get a series of lights that don't really link together but in computer talk they do. When I get the "christmas tree" of lights, they all have steering invovled somehow. AFS OFF, TRAC, BRAKE, (!), etc. The funny think with mine is that even the light on the dash that indicates the tranny position goes out and the temp gauge goes to C (even though the engine is at normal operating temp). The Check engine light is never on.

Pulling over and shutting the car off and they restarting is like rebooting your desktop computer. If all communications check out, you are good to go and no lights are on, untill the next time. When it happens to me, I loose the power steering. I hate that when it happens at 70mph.

So far, at least in my case, it appears to the be power steering module that is my culprit, but we haven't proven it. It that module has to be replaced, we are talking a grand for the ECU. I have posted about this in the Check VSC thread and one other.

I invested in an INNOVA code reader that will pull CAN BUS codes as well as the traditional OBDII P and B codes. This way when it happens, I can record the actual codes for the dealer.

JBasco, You are not alone.

steviej
Jesus.

If my 98 GS400 pulled that stunt I'd be flipping out, I dont know how I would handle it if I had a 2006 GS and it started playing those games.