GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Air up, air down - Air up, air down!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-11, 01:49 AM
sticky4
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by masterchri
FReakin beautiful!period.. I have a soft spot for gold rims with crazy offsets.. I'm Still trying to save for air but air runner is sooooo pricey.. Looking at your set up, I might want to go your route. Wish your car was out here so I could feel the ride.
Air runner IMO is wayyy to pricy, go my route, you won't regret it.
Old 06-23-11, 02:05 AM
masterchri
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for something long term.. From your experience, what's the average life span of an air set up.. A lot of people have been telling me air runner is great for long term DD.. So I'm not sure now.
Old 06-23-11, 02:09 AM
sticky4
Pole Position

I'm looking for something long term.. From your experience, what's the average life span of an air set up.. A lot of people have been telling me air runner is great for long term DD.. So I'm not sure now.
Well I think UAS is one of the most popular systems and I haven't bread any stories to say otherwise.

Only difference is the bags, the rest is more or less the same anywhere.

But for the price of air runner you can buy probably dozen extra bags and keep them on reserve! Hahaha
Old 06-23-11, 02:47 AM
masterchri
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sticky4
Well I think UAS is one of the most popular systems and I haven't bread any stories to say otherwise.

Only difference is the bags, the rest is more or less the same anywhere.

But for the price of air runner you can buy probably dozen extra bags and keep them on reserve! Hahaha
sounds good im gonna educate myself a bit more about going your route. Paying 3k to be put on air sounds ALOT better than 5k+.. so are the compressors, air tank, etc, the same for UAS and AR? if so, why not just buy UAS and buy AR bags? sorry for the noob questions
Old 06-23-11, 04:46 AM
sticky4
Pole Position

sounds good im gonna educate myself a bit more about going your route. Paying 3k to be put on air sounds ALOT better than 5k+.. so are the compressors, air tank, etc, the same for UAS and AR? if so, why not just buy UAS and buy AR bags? sorry for the noob questions
I think the AR air cylinders are what you are paying for. Plus they are direct bolts in while UAS is not, you need to do slight mods to your rear struts.

I think most guys on the forum are running UAS.

Call Zack at Universal Air Suspension, he is super cool and can explain everything to you.
Old 06-23-11, 10:32 AM
whise
Driver

Wow... makes me what to air
Old 06-23-11, 10:44 AM
davidwhang
Driver

that is one sick setup. looks dope bro
Old 06-23-11, 11:08 AM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

How much was the kit? any videos??
Old 06-23-11, 11:49 AM
myGSsoWET
Driver

YourGSsoWET Mad Props
Old 06-23-11, 12:12 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

its expensive because its a direct bolt in bag kit pretty much. imo its always better to piece together your own kit (ie buy all your fittings, valves, tanks, compressors, switches, etc... separately). if i ever do air, thats the route i am going to take.
Old 06-23-11, 12:45 PM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm not into the lowering thing, so I'm pretty much totally ignorant on the topic - but the camber picture. Is that typical? It looks like you would be chewing through tires like crazy?
Old 06-23-11, 01:58 PM
spyuae
Driver

good job @@@@@
Old 06-23-11, 03:19 PM
Kcook700
Lead Lap

Sticky, you still planning on cutting your strut tower?
Old 06-23-11, 03:44 PM
sticky4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
I'm not into the lowering thing, so I'm pretty much totally ignorant on the topic - but the camber picture. Is that typical? It looks like you would be chewing through tires like crazy?
The camber is in order the make the very aggressive rear wheels fit...

Originally Posted by Kcook700
Sticky, you still planning on cutting your strut tower?
ohhhh that is the million dollar question, I haven't had the heart to do it yet. Still on the fence, there's no turning back after that mod! I've never kept a car longer then a year so I always take resell into consideration with a mod, this is a tough one.
Old 06-23-11, 03:57 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sticky4
ohhhh that is the million dollar question, I haven't had the heart to do it yet. Still on the fence, there's no turning back after that mod! I've never kept a car longer then a year so I always take resell into consideration with a mod, this is a tough one.
LOL....... you have already changed the shape of the body, I wouldn t weigh to heavily on the resale factor. You will most likely have to resell to another enthusiast. Roll with it bro! Part of me wants to air the ride and then part of me doesn t. I d like to do a 2j swap at somepoint and the car will handle much better with coils. Idk maybe when my coils need to be rebuilt I ll bite the bullet and try to piece together a system.

Quick Reply: Air up, air down - Air up, air down!!