GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2007 GS350 Totaled

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-11, 04:53 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

U have any pics of how the car held up?
Old 07-08-11, 09:37 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

I keep looking at it back and forth, back and forth. Still in amazement of how well our cars can really hold up. I'm glad you're okay, but even glader that i now know how much abuse our GS's can take
Old 07-09-11, 12:44 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude you gotta get a laywer and find out why exactly steering wheel air bags didn't come out. The whole front of the car is gone, I would expect a lot of airbags to come out.
Old 07-09-11, 02:30 AM
The Godfather
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, glad you're ok!!!!

Second, WTF, my GS350 has knee airbags?
Old 07-09-11, 10:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by The Godfather
First, glad you're ok!!!!

Second, WTF, my GS350 has knee airbags?
err.... yeah....
Old 07-09-11, 01:41 PM
THE.K.W.C
Pole Position

Are going to be parting the car?????? dips navi!!!
Old 07-09-11, 01:43 PM
THE.K.W.C
Pole Position

where u wearing your seat belt???
Old 07-09-11, 02:42 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Some of you guys have it all wrong. There is no lawsuit because the airbags didn't deploy. In other words you cant go after toyota/lexus unless there was serious injury in excess of what your own insurance/medical coverage would cover.
For example: Lets say you have 100k of medical coverage on your auto insurance. Now lets say the driver's medical bills were 50k (and I think thats pushing it). Well you insurance company would pay you for your medical bills and thats it. You cant make a claim against toyota/lexus because you can't make a claim for the same incident with two different companies. What would you be suing toyota/lexus for (monetary wise)? You've already been paid.

Now If your auto insurance or medical insurance want to go after toyota/lexus, they can. But pretty much never will as its really not worth their time or effort.
Now if there was a death involved or medical bills in excess of 100k (or whatever your bodily harm injuries limit may be on your insurance), then you can/should sue toyota/lexus directly.
So basically suing because the airbag did not deploy is almost always irrelevant.
Also your own medical insurance (if you have some) would cover you in
excess of whatever automobile medical coverage you may have.
Now you can sue to cover any medical deductibles you may have, but this also would be pointless, seeing as how you would spend more money and time to pursue this and that would be to possibly win a case.
Hope that makes sense.
Old 07-09-11, 03:07 PM
iGOTlexy
Lead Lap

i first thought you would be killed by that kind of impact but soon realized that the newer lexus gs has more safety features
Old 07-09-11, 06:01 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by -the.k.w.c
Are going to be parting the car?????? dips navi!!!
i could use the backseat as a sofa, Top Gear style.

i gotta find this wreck.

OP, is this in socal?

what city did you crash the car in ?
Old 07-09-11, 10:50 PM
Sh0rtys463
Driver School Candidate

Car has not been in my possession for almost 2 weeks, should be somewhere in the Ontario area
Old 07-10-11, 01:39 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LALEX1
Some of you guys have it all wrong. There is no lawsuit because the airbags didn't deploy. In other words you cant go after toyota/lexus unless there was serious injury in excess of what your own insurance/medical coverage would cover.
For example: Lets say you have 100k of medical coverage on your auto insurance. Now lets say the driver's medical bills were 50k (and I think thats pushing it). Well you insurance company would pay you for your medical bills and thats it. You cant make a claim against toyota/lexus because you can't make a claim for the same incident with two different companies. What would you be suing toyota/lexus for (monetary wise)? You've already been paid.

Now If your auto insurance or medical insurance want to go after toyota/lexus, they can. But pretty much never will as its really not worth their time or effort.
Now if there was a death involved or medical bills in excess of 100k (or whatever your bodily harm injuries limit may be on your insurance), then you can/should sue toyota/lexus directly.
So basically suing because the airbag did not deploy is almost always irrelevant.
Also your own medical insurance (if you have some) would cover you in
excess of whatever automobile medical coverage you may have.
Now you can sue to cover any medical deductibles you may have, but this also would be pointless, seeing as how you would spend more money and time to pursue this and that would be to possibly win a case.
Hope that makes sense.
Yea but we are not suing for medical bills, Its should be a lawsuit why such a bad accident and the airbags didn't deploy. Maybe there is something wrong with the sensors who knows. Its a tough one, but honestly with a good lawyer it might worth the time and effort. With all the recalls toyota/lexus is having I will not be surprised for them to have another one regarding airbags.
Old 07-10-11, 02:11 AM
aLexGS350
Lead Lap

maybe the impact didn't need to steering wheel airbag to deploy. I mean if you get hit from the side only your side air bags are deployed. Maybe the car was going sideways when it hit the guardrail and swinging the driver left and right instead of forward. The damage is all in the front, but check out how the metal is bent and pushed outwards. But who knows...thats just my though.
Old 07-10-11, 02:19 AM
CO_GS350
Rookie

I am curious why the primary air bag did not deploy, it looks serious enough to activate it.
Old 07-10-11, 06:56 PM
Stable
Driver School Candidate

Is that white line down the middle of the steering wheel a tear? It looks like the airbag started to deploy but didn't -- even scarier! This car needs to be examined to determine why the main airbag didn't fully deploy. If he hasnt already, the OP needs to contact Lexus corporate AND the NHTSA. https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Quick Reply: 2007 GS350 Totaled