GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

I-Pod adapter with Levinson System advice please...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-11, 07:30 PM
RUNNINL8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I-Pod adapter with Levinson System advice please...

Hello, I have a 2006 GS300, with the Mark Levinson stereo, Navigation, XM (not in use). I am looking for an I-pod adapter (hopefully also with a generic "aux" input jack), that I can control through the factory controls, and that has good sound quality. I have read of alot of compalints from people having issues with an Ipod adapter with the Mark Levinson System. Does anyone have any experience with a similar car & the Mark Levinson, with an Ipod adapter they are happy with?
I do not have XM radio hooked up, so I don't mind using that input, but I do not want to lose any other features.

I have also heard there is a way to bypass the car not letting you control the Navigation system while driving, and that will letyou play DVD movies on the Navi screen... Is there a product like that?

Thanks for any help!
Old 08-16-11, 10:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

vaistech sl2i-up with on 06 gs no problem, i have done a few all works perfect. it has ipod cable directly, no aux input

for override, if you have 06 i believe you can do finger dance to override your nav. look up the sticky diy thread. for dvd override, you can cut wire or get override pnp kit, also in diy thread
Old 08-17-11, 06:26 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

I went with an alternative to Vaistech, USA Spec.. Same thing like Vais tech but I have Ipod, Sirius/XM (Custom setup) and Aux.. On my setup, only the Ipod is controlled thru the Factory Head unit, SAT controlled from its own tuner (how i wanted it) and Aux cable for additional sources via 3.5 mm cable.. Works Great and has CD quality. Most Adapters let you control Ipod/SAT thru your factory radio but I don't know of an Adapter that lets you control an AUX thru the Factory Head Unit, the USA Spec has an AUX but its not controllable.. If you want to do Video - I would look into Vaistech..
Old 08-17-11, 06:50 AM
ASILVER
Driver

I have the dice mediabridge BT, product is pretty good, however, the support staff they have answering the phones is clearly terribly trained, 2 out of 3 I have spoken with know less about their product than I do and 1 of them KEPT insisting I should just buy a viastech for video input....WTF???
Old 08-17-11, 07:00 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ASILVER
I have the dice mediabridge BT, product is pretty good, however, the support staff they have answering the phones is clearly terribly trained, 2 out of 3 I have spoken with know less about their product than I do and 1 of them KEPT insisting I should just buy a viastech for video input....WTF???
Well, there are other Custom setups that are better but most people don't want to spend the extra money to do it.. Vaistech is one of the few adapters on the market that does video for an affordable price is why everyone suggests Vaistech..
Old 08-17-11, 07:02 AM
ASILVER
Driver

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
Well, there are other Custom setups that are better but most people don't want to spend the extra money to do it.. Vaistech is one of the few adapters on the market that does video for an affordable price is why everyone suggests Vaistech..
I don't discount that fact, but what kind of employee tells a customer that already owns their product to go to a competitor.....when that customer NEVER mentioned he wanted video at all.

that guy should be fired, he clearly has no desire to help with the brand he works for.
Old 08-17-11, 08:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ASILVER
I don't discount that fact, but what kind of employee tells a customer that already owns their product to go to a competitor.....when that customer NEVER mentioned he wanted video at all.

that guy should be fired, he clearly has no desire to help with the brand he works for.
that's one funny employee