GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Potential 06 GS430 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-11, 04:57 PM
bmbweber
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential 06 GS430 Owner

Hello Everyone,

Have always crept on everyones lexus's over here on CL, even tho i have a toyota... You guys have always made me want one.

Anyways, im possibly looking to buy a 2006 GS430 from out of state. I searched around the forums but didnt see anything on new owners guides or anything like that, so sorry if there was something i looked over.

Soooooo, it has about 80,000 miles and also has a extended warranty for about another two years. IVe been messaging the guy about alot of questions I had so when I get more info on the car i will let you know, but my question is... Anything I should keep in mind or any major problems I should be aware of when looking at this car?

I plan to have him take it to a local lexus dealership to have it checked out top to bottom to ensure no mechanical or major cosmetic problems....

Any other opinions or any advice you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-07-11, 07:07 PM
SCGS350
Rookie

I think you should shoot for a 07 CPO, that way Lexus will back you up on a under warranty issue. . Now in regards to your post, make sure you double check that the warranty is transferable and that it's not a third party warranty.
Old 09-07-11, 08:32 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don t think that any extended warranties transfer with change of ownership. the only thing that sucks is the GS430 has a timing belt as opposed to chain, all in all the these cars are very reliable and few minor creaks and rattles from time to time but nothing to major, i would check out the body real good see if you can tell if any panels have been repainted, look at tires make sure they are worn evenly smell dipstick make sure it doesn t smell burnt, hit the gas check for blue or white smoke run through gears several times from drive to reverse making sure she changes fairly smooth, look under the car see if it looks clean like there hasn t been oil leaking. And BTW CPO is a crock of BS CPO vehicle have been posted on here that have had frame damage covered up with clean carfax reports its just an added marketing ploy to get more money for a clean vehicle. Become educated or find someone that is and go certify your own vehicle for less money hope this helps and if you buy this lexus or any other Welcome to the family Good luck!!!!
Old 09-08-11, 07:53 AM
rstreidl
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you certify your own vehicle? Thanks.
Old 09-08-11, 08:06 AM
bmbweber
Driver School Candidate

According to the owner, the warranty is transferrable. Im not familiar at all with extended warranty for the fact that every car ive ever had has been purchased brand new and never bought and extended warranty.

I value your opinion in going for a 07 CPO, but this particular one im lookin at is far from stock. It has about 15k in mods which is basically the selling point for me, considering the owner has a very tasteful eye such as mine.

I doubt i will be able to check out the car in person before i purchase it if i decide to ship, so im going to have to trust whoever does an inspections opinion. Unless i drive/fly out there to check the body myself...

I realize these are very reliable vehicles as why i love lexus and currently own a toyota with not a single problem and 70,000mi. Just looking for anything else i should watch out for that you GS owner might already know about.

Thanks again for the help gentleman!
Old 09-09-11, 06:30 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

15k in mods, can you post some pictures? usually these type of mods bring the value down...
Old 09-09-11, 07:39 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you really value YOUR CAR that much than you should fly there and give it one last inspection before you sign the check... and might consider driving it home too.
Old 09-09-11, 08:11 AM
bmbweber
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by worker
If you really value YOUR CAR that much than you should fly there and give it one last inspection before you sign the check... and might consider driving it home too.
I do agree with that statement and would really really like to see itbefore i buy it.... buttttt i have a friend who wholesales car and buy them from auction and sells them to dealer and sometimes private parties and he turned me on to inspectmycar.com and said they do a great job and have never steered him wrong... he can also have the car shipped to me for less than $400.......... hmmmmm

anywayssss...

Old 09-09-11, 08:47 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Your buying Tommys car, she looks amazing!! I ve never had a chance to see in person! I tried to buy those wheels at one point.
Old 09-09-11, 08:54 AM
bmbweber
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
Your buying Tommys car, she looks amazing!! I ve never had a chance to see in person! I tried to buy those wheels at one point.
yessirr. Just emailed him a bunch of questions about a day ago... so waiting on his response.
Old 09-09-11, 09:59 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

I will say that his fitment is on of my favorites as far as fender pulling is concerned. I chose to keep factory bodylines with my build and stray from the trend yet still have the most aggressive wheels possible without running even more ridiculous camber!
Old 09-09-11, 12:13 PM
bmbweber
Driver School Candidate

everyone has their own taste ya know. but yes i agree, very well executed fitment.. I remember seeing this gs in the forums and thinking wow that is gorgeous... soo if you talk to him -- tell him to email me back already LOL
Old 09-11-11, 07:07 AM
benbuilt4u
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

beautiful car! we've been in talks for him to add my old navigation setup to his car. i had originally contacted him before purchasing my car. but when i found out it had zero options no nav, or afs or sunshade, headlight washers, back camera, ect.. i had to pass i found same car as his with black leather loaded every option for 18,800 and that left me with 13k to do whatever i wanted. i already bought pretty much everything but wheels just looking for those now.