GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

LEXUS F-SPORT AIR INTAKE for GS430 2007

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-11, 11:29 AM
mlooook
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
difference is going to be the shape of the pipe only.

Are you looking for performance? or for looks/sound?
you can say i looking for all, especially looks/sound tahts matter to me

you seemed to be an expert guy in such things i saw your comment in exhuast/catouts threads
Old 11-02-11, 11:49 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

this is what I suggest

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...ml#post6795836

see my thread in the FAQ when I test fit this on my car
Old 11-02-11, 02:31 PM
Supraristo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by passnu2
Are you looking for performance? or for looks/sound?
Funny how people can ask this question when reffering to to gs350 and 430. There is no performance with these cars....plain and simple they are SLOW! But I still like mine
Old 11-02-11, 02:40 PM
XxGoKoUxX
Forum Moderator

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

You're right about that (sort of). The car was built to be economical and still at the same time still have a little punch to it. many people who have learned to work around the tuning have managed to give it a nice little boost in power.
Old 11-02-11, 04:40 PM
mlooook
Rookie

check this out

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/ProductItem-3360.aspx
Old 11-02-11, 04:43 PM
mlooook
Rookie

this one option that i will keep in concern

i saw user spyuae used this type with throttle controller

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/ProductItem-3360.aspx
Attached Thumbnails LEXUS F-SPORT AIR INTAKE for GS430 2007-blitz-advance-power-air-cleaner.jpg  
Old 11-02-11, 08:17 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Supraristo
Funny how people can ask this question when reffering to to gs350 and 430. There is no performance with these cars....plain and simple they are SLOW! But I still like mine
What's so funny
Old 11-02-11, 08:21 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mlooook
you can say i looking for all, especially looks/sound tahts matter to me

you seemed to be an expert guy in such things i saw your comment in exhuast/catouts threads
Nah I just did a lot of research .... I have a nice supercharger so you will hear and feel the gains you can have some fun with your car
Old 11-03-11, 02:17 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Designo, i very much concur to your power loss statement. The difference between CAI and SRI is that

CAI=more HP
SRI= more TQ

The reason why you "feel" power loss is because the design of a CAI is to yield more HP, sometimes it pulls back TQ on your engine.

And also, please explain how a CAI would have a higher chance of a fouled MAF vs a SRI. Common sense would tell you that a SRI has a shorter pipe, has quicker access to dirt that can reach the MAF sensor vs a CAI.
I might have been mistaken on a few points, but here's my take:

If the intake system is contained within an airbox, and has air access only through the front air dams or ducts of the vehicle, then it's fine! I believe performance may improve slightly. A "RAM" effect is even more efficient and can yield good gains!

However, if the intake system is an open type system where you will have a cone filter sitting there in your engine bay with no direct un-obstructed air intake access through a duct... you will lose power. This is due to the fact that the cone filter will in most cases just suck in hot engine bay air, especially when car is stationary!

The reason why I am not encouraged by most after market filters is because most of them come oiled. The oil can foul the MAF's causing them to malfunction!

Another suggestion I have is to locate the IATS ( Internal Air Temp Sensor ) of your car, and try to relocate that sensor to a location closer to the air intake ducts and away from the engine! That way, you fool your car into lower intake readings ( especially in traffic ) and allow your ECU to keep timing slightly advanced giving you better performance.

My .02
Old 11-03-11, 08:15 AM
XxGoKoUxX
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by designo

If the intake system is contained within an airbox, and has air access only through the front air dams or ducts of the vehicle, then it's fine! I believe performance may improve slightly. A "RAM" effect is even more efficient and can yield good gains!

However, if the intake system is an open type system where you will have a cone filter sitting there in your engine bay with no direct un-obstructed air intake access through a duct... you will lose power. This is due to the fact that the cone filter will in most cases just suck in hot engine bay air, especially when car is stationary!

The reason why I am not encouraged by most after market filters is because most of them come oiled. The oil can foul the MAF's causing them to malfunction!

Another suggestion I have is to locate the IATS ( Internal Air Temp Sensor ) of your car, and try to relocate that sensor to a location closer to the air intake ducts and away from the engine! That way, you fool your car into lower intake readings ( especially in traffic ) and allow your ECU to keep timing slightly advanced giving you better performance.

My .02
Definitely a great explanation with a few great points . I'd like to add that these aftermarket filters in no way do they ever optimally filter dirt and grime out for the road. Therefore my theory is that would eventually dirty up the MAF and other components in the engine. One way that's been proven to always give you pretty good gains, is to build a carbon fiber/fiberglass intank (not very hard at all). Since metal absorbs engine bay heat, plastic does not, and you'd yield pretty good gains that way also . I'll eventually work on this to replace my factory piping and will post back with my results
Old 11-23-11, 05:37 AM
mlooook
Rookie

Originally Posted by designo

My .02
WOOOW I FEEL GOOD NOW WITH YOUR GREAT EXPLANATION REALLY

BUT i still need help here

if i buy IS 350 f sport intake filter

will the intake pipe and f sport filter fit my 06 lexus gs430????

i know the lower box is hard to fit due to differnce in shape and bolts location
Old 11-23-11, 10:21 PM
XxGoKoUxX
Forum Moderator

dude, everyone's been trying to explain to you that the 2GR-FSE components do NOT fit the 3UZ-FE engine. You can NEVER put these two together... I've told you many times and you just skipped over me like i'm retarded or something...

YOU HAVE TO BUY 3UZ COMPONENTS FOR 3UZ ENGINE
Old 11-24-11, 05:48 AM
mlooook
Rookie

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
dude, everyone's been trying to explain to you that the 2GR-FSE components do NOT fit the 3UZ-FE engine. You can NEVER put these two together... I've told you many times and you just skipped over me like i'm retarded or something...

YOU HAVE TO BUY 3UZ COMPONENTS FOR 3UZ ENGINE
THANK YOU SO MUCH AND BROTHER YOU NEED TO CHILL OUT

I M ONLY LOOKING FOR MORE INFO BEFORE DOING SOMETHING WRONG

I think there nothing wrong to ask and get more help from others

thanks again
Old 11-24-11, 01:23 PM
XxGoKoUxX
Forum Moderator

It's not that you're asking for help about it that irritates me, it's that you keep asking about the WRONG parts dude, you gotta look for GS430 intake parts, not GS350.... The poster of that ebay listing listed it all wrong. I've been trying to tell you NOT to buy it so you dont have the headache of purchasing wrong parts.

If you want, passnu's done an intake on our GS430's.... They're SRT intakes for the older-gen GS's.
Old 11-24-11, 11:59 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok gentlemen, let's keep it cordial. GoKoU... You've said enough to make your point.

mlooook...do you still have questions or need clarity? GoKoU is correct. V6 (2GR) and V8 (3UZ) parts are not generally interchangeable.

Quick Reply: LEXUS F-SPORT AIR INTAKE for GS430 2007