GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Extreme Dimensions Front Facia

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-11, 06:58 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

knock off or not Im not feeling it.
Old 12-12-11, 07:45 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
knock off or not Im not feeling it.
+1.....not feeling it either...
Old 12-12-11, 08:08 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 213 Likes on 146 Posts

Looks like the front end from a Mazda 6. AWFUL.
Old 12-12-11, 08:14 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
The only thing that really bothers me about the comments is that if I had called a clublexus vendor "thieves" Dave would be reaming me out right now. I think that's too strong but you have the right to feel anyway you choose.
Reg to be fair you DO have a history of making kind of outrageous statements and claims . If you (or Henry or any CL member) have a problem with a CL vendor transaction I always get involved to try to help. If you don't like a vendor because they make knockoff kits because you think that's unethical or didn't give you a good price, no problems stating that. I'd only jump in if someone were spamming the forum or stalking all the vendor's posts with negative stuff. Check your facts.
Old 12-12-11, 09:52 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Reg to be fair you DO have a history of making kind of outrageous statements and claims . If you (or Henry or any CL member) have a problem with a CL vendor transaction I always get involved to try to help. If you don't like a vendor because they make knockoff kits because you think that's unethical or didn't give you a good price, no problems stating that. I'd only jump in if someone were spamming the forum or stalking all the vendor's posts with negative stuff. Check your facts.
I won't agree about outrageous....but yes, sometimes I am dramatic.
It's all good. In the end I am all about getting along.
Old 12-12-11, 10:47 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well Dave, this is kind of a slap in the face as a vendor. You should probably have better control of your employees, "Super Moderators." Is that how the CL staff speaks about its Vendors? PM your reply. Thanks.

Secondly, Ice350 I want to thank you for giving us a thought when it comes to exterior upgrades. I want you to have a little peace of mind before the forum mods/members ruin it for you. Granted some of our kits are knock offs and some are our own designs, and some products may not fit up to par with the customers needs. But, we do stand behind our products 110%. IF, you experience any fitment problems prior to any modification of the items we will replace it out for your at no additional costs, yes thats right. We will pay to the have the defective part shipped back and we will pay for shipping on the new part to you, whether you are in Florida or any other part of the world. You have no reason to worry or feel like once you make a purchase and something goes wrong that we are going to disappear, we've been here for 10 years and we are growing every year!

Also, I would like you to know that you get exclusive pricing as CL member, please PM me if you are interested. Thanks for reading!
Old 12-12-11, 10:52 AM
m32
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
Well Dave, this is kind of a slap in the face as a vendor. You should probably have better control of your employees, "Super Moderators." Is that how the CL staff speaks about its Vendors? PM your reply. Thanks.

Secondly, Ice350 I want to thank you for giving us a thought when it comes to exterior upgrades. I want you to have a little peace of mind before the forum mods/members ruin it for you. Granted some of our kits are knock offs and some are our own designs, and some products may not fit up to par with the customers needs. But, we do stand behind our products 110%. IF, you experience any fitment problems prior to any modification of the items we will replace it out for your at no additional costs, yes thats right. We will pay to the have the defective part shipped back and we will pay for shipping on the new part to you, whether you are in Florida or any other part of the world. You have no reason to worry or feel like once you make a purchase and something goes wrong that we are going to disappear, we've been here for 10 years and we are growing every year!

Also, I would like you to know that you get exclusive pricing as CL member, please PM me if you are interested. Thanks for reading!
Thanks for your input. I too was looking at your front lip for the GS and in response to your comment above, if there are fitment issues, wouldn't the new part have the same fitment issue if it's coming from the same mold? Only reason why I'm asking is when I bought a replica kit from another vendor (not from this site), he sent me a new part b/c the first one didn't fit well. Well... you guessed it, the second one didn't fit well either b/c it was from the same mold. Your thoughts? Thanks

Edwin
Old 12-12-11, 11:29 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by m32
Thanks for your input. I too was looking at your front lip for the GS and in response to your comment above, if there are fitment issues, wouldn't the new part have the same fitment issue if it's coming from the same mold? Only reason why I'm asking is when I bought a replica kit from another vendor (not from this site), he sent me a new part b/c the first one didn't fit well. Well... you guessed it, the second one didn't fit well either b/c it was from the same mold. Your thoughts? Thanks

Edwin
Hey Edwin,

You are sort of right. I'll explain. When we make our products, everything is hand made. So if a certain lip (in your case) isn't cured properly and it is pulled out of its mold before its fully solid then it will have problems, the second lip on the other hand could have gone through the complete process and was pulled out when it was suppose to be, bam, there you go a lip pulled from the same mold but will fit perfect. That is why we send out a second piece. Now if the second piece fails, we can now establish that the mold we have may be defective. Measures will be put in to place to fix that mold and the customer will be partially credited (if he/she chooses to keep the lip) or fully refunded if they would like to return it! I hope that helps.
Old 12-12-11, 12:21 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Well Dave, this is kind of a slap in the face as a vendor. You should probably have better control of your employees, "Super Moderators." Is that how the CL staff speaks about its Vendors? PM your reply. Thanks.!
I'll post here in addition to the pm since you asked in the thread

To start, I and the entire moderator team are volunteers, not employees. I don't "control" Henry's opinion just like you don't control mine. He's a moderator because he expresses that opinion and shares his experience; members can choose to agree or disagree with it.

I do appreciate your concern but Henry is expressing his opinion about replica products in the member discussion forum area. He's got a very strong opinion about that subject but has done a pretty good job of not overstating that in every authentic vs copy thread that appears on CL.

If he or any other member had done that in one of your own threads in the vendor marketplace, I'd have removed it without question. That is YOUR area to promote your products. What he's posting here is personal preference like any member can post on a topic or product (pro or con), as long as its done politely and maturely. You are welcome to debate his opinion in the same manner.

We do appreciate your sponsorship of the community and there are plenty of members who have had good experiences with your products that are welcome to chip in here as well.
Old 12-12-11, 12:37 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I'll post here in addition to the pm since you asked in the thread

To start, I and the entire moderator team are volunteers, not employees. I don't "control" Henry's opinion just like you don't control mine. He's a moderator because he expresses that opinion and shares his experience; members can choose to agree or disagree with it.

I do appreciate your concern but Henry is expressing his opinion about replica products in the member discussion forum area. He's got a very strong opinion about that subject but has done a pretty good job of not overstating that in every authentic vs copy thread that appears on CL.

If he or any other member had done that in one of your own threads in the vendor marketplace, I'd have removed it without question. That is YOUR area to promote your products. What he's posting here is personal preference like any member can post on a topic or product (pro or con), as long as its done politely and maturely. You are welcome to debate his opinion in the same manner.

We do appreciate your sponsorship of the community and there are plenty of members who have had good experiences with your products that are welcome to chip in here as well.
It's called lack of professionalism. I also told you via PM which you have still not responded to. Mods opinions weigh heavily on forum members. For him to come here and say he doesn't like replicas is one thing, but he takes it a few steps further and calls us "thieves", you allow this openly. Being a moderator of this forum is pretty much like being employed, the people who are dedicated here typically becomes mods, mods typically spend alot of hours their home forum. So technically he's a non paid employee, some forums pay their mods so this could be the case here too. Regardless of that fact, its defamation of character. There are better ways to phrase what he needs to say, especially since he has no experience with our kits, why is he upset? Because we offer kits are a reasonable price? Because you don't have to wait 6 months to get one of our kits? I know there are problems with replica pieces more so then authentic parts, but its about how you solve the problem that makes you successful. Providing links to other peoples problems doesn't help the situation here, we fix everyones issues and everyones problems. Granted they fall within our guidelines. If you follow the simple rules, we take care of you, the customer. This matter still needs to be fixed.

Originally Posted by rominl
no problem, you are entitled to your opinions and i am entitled to mine. whether you listen or not is none of my business. i am here to express my feelings and opinions on things, i never try to educate or be argumentative.

on extreme dimension, i would never even bother to look at the picture, because from a moral point of view i will never deal with them period. would i ever deal with "thieves"? sorry but the answer is no. and yes they STOLE people's designs, pictures, and the list goes on. to me that's enough reason to deny the company as a whole, end of story. if you or anyone else let that pass your moral judgment sure go ahead. in no place did i say my words are authoritative, i simply made a comment.

next, no need to school me on poly vs fiber glass or frp. i have dealt with a lot of body kits myself, fiber glass, frp, poly, abs, factory, etc... and actually i did the work myself in the garage to learn about the details and processes behind, so i know very well the pros and cons between all of them. at the same time, not trying to put anyone down at all, but just because a tech say anything doesn't really impress me anymore. i have seen tons of great techs, but at the same time i have also seen tons of horrible techs.

everything has their goods and bads. frp is good because it's light, flexible, and very easy to modify / work with on fitment. but it cracks pretty easily. poly is awesome on going against cracking, but making it fit is a total pita. fiber glass you can make it thick and strong, but it's not flexible and it can get heavy fast.

and if you want to really get into talk about fitment and jdm vs usdm or whatever-dm? let me shed some lights. everything is about craftsmanship and details, and you can also add in the factor luck.

my job design kit, i got it used which means it was fitted on another car before. installing and uninstalling kits like this can potentially change its form affecting next fitment. that could be why it didn't fit well on my car. tim said his job design fit bad on this car and i know he got his kit new (yes, i know a lot of info). but you know what, i know of a ls460 with job design kit and a ls430 with job design kit, they fit perfectly right out of the box.

moving to wald let's say? i have seen 3 wald kits fitting on to the sc430 before. 2 fit perfect and 1 (used kits) had gaps. the wald kit i had on my ls460l? it fit fabulously.

so what does this tell us? your assumption of jdm sux and other-dm good doesn't always apply. bottom line is you can run into anything and it's up to the shop to get it right. the shop is always the key.

ALL wheels can bend. i don't care if it's cast or forged, if it's jdm or usdm, you hit it right and it will bend. that's just physics. all your previous jdm wheels bent doesn't add any more value to jdm vs other-dm than just your personal experience. and when did i ever say jdm is "better" anyway? i had hre wheels on my gs400, i like my wheels. i have only said i would go for originals, not knock offs. HUGE difference there

i don't want / need to go into another tiring debate of knock offs and the moral behind it. people go do what they think fit. some people (not particular against you) just go for whatever "deals" they can find. money is first priority to them. sure, it's their lives and money. but for me? i do what i think is right by my standard. i am not the cleanest guy in the world, but at least i try. sure i would love to be able to save thousands, but i am not going to "sell myself out". i drive s550, i can't justify the money to get the amg body kits. what do i do? i just drive my car as is. i am not going to buy the knock offs from ED just because they are thousands cheaper.

but as you said, you don't pay attention to the whole knock off thing, so feel free to ignore what i said, i am completely fine and i don't take it offensively. however at the same time i still continue to say what i think is right.

i am only replying here because i feel you were challenging my knowledge on body kit manufacturing processes and your total misunderstanding between knock offs and jdm, so i feel that needs correction. i never said anything about jdm, i never said jdm is superior, and for all i care i never hide anything about jdm if they have problems. only poseurs do that. and it's absolutely wrong if you are trying to say jdm is inferior. there are good and bad stuff from everywhere

for viewing pleasure, i went on google and did some quick search:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/04-06-l...imensions.html

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=164611.0

http://www.3si.org/forum/f119/extrem...flawed-477716/

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/sh...ons-sucks.html

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho....php?p=3765216

http://forums.nicoclub.com/extreme-d...s-t449418.html

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/198785-extr...its-sucks.html

http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=170691

i stopped after that.
Old 12-12-11, 02:00 PM
Mike1970
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow you guys are writing books!!!!! lol
Old 12-12-11, 02:19 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Being a moderator of this forum is pretty much like being employed, the people who are dedicated here typically becomes mods, mods typically spend alot of hours their home forum. So technically he's a non paid employee, some forums pay their mods so this could be the case here too. Regardless of that fact, its defamation of character. There are better ways to phrase what he needs to say, especially since he has no experience with our kits
Moderator or not, this is the farthest from the truth. I haven't been a moderator for long enough, but I can say that I, by no definition, am a paid employee of this forum. Are there better ways to say what he wanted to say? Maybe, but everyone that has joined this forum is a member of the forum, so their opinion is like their belly button, everyone has one, whether they like it or not.

I do believe as a vendor you are entitled to and should definitely stand by/defend your own product; however, it seems as that has been slightly misconstrued as entitlement to a purchased level of respect. From what I read, it merely sounds like rominl (and others) in this thread are conveying that "a replica is a replica is a replica". If someone created a thread in another forum asking our opinions about Varrstoen, I would have chimed in with the exact same thoughts.

It's no secret that ED parts are based (loosely in some cases) off of another existing product; however to equate one's opinion as lack of respect is where this discussion has a disconnect in communication. It's just a matter of personal preference.
Old 12-12-11, 02:39 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

It's called lack of professionalism. I also told you via PM which you have still not responded to. Mods opinions weigh heavily on forum members. For him to come here and say he doesn't like replicas is one thing, but he takes it a few steps further and calls us "thieves", you allow this openly. Being a moderator of this forum is pretty much like being employed, the people who are dedicated here typically becomes mods, mods typically spend alot of hours their home forum. So technically he's a non paid employee, some forums pay their mods so this could be the case here too. Regardless of that fact, its defamation of character. There are better ways to phrase what he needs to say, especially since he has no experience with our kits, why is he upset? Because we offer kits are a reasonable price? Because you don't have to wait 6 months to get one of our kits? I know there are problems with replica pieces more so then authentic parts, but its about how you solve the problem that makes you successful. Providing links to other peoples problems doesn't help the situation here, we fix everyones issues and everyones problems. Granted they fall within our guidelines. If you follow the simple rules, we take care of you, the customer. This matter still needs to be fixed.

Sorry you are incorrect; I responded to your PM before posting in this thread above.

I couldnt disagree more that there is a huge difference between employee and volunteer enthusiast. He's sharing his opinion on unauthorised use of other peoples images and intellectual property/designs as a member of the forum.

While i dont agree with you, I understand your concerns and will forward your pm to the folks at Internet brands and ask them to review for you.

Let's get this thread back on track to the bodykit
Old 12-12-11, 02:43 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 208 Likes on 138 Posts

Not feeling the facia shown.....i like the front lip you had before.
Old 12-12-11, 03:15 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by msgs350
Not feeling the facia shown.....i like the front lip you had before.
I like the one I had before as well but I'm considering something different because that's what we modders do.....change things up.

I didn't get your name but to the guy from Extreme Dimensions, I understand how you feel because no one likes to called a thief. Even if the person making the statement has a reason. I still believe that if I, someone known for straight-forwardness had said it, all hell would break loose. I just want to repeat that I have no problem with your product to date. Is it the best quality in the world, I can't say that but I have no complaint. I got exactly what I wanted when I purchased it....quick turn around, reasonable price and it looked good on the car. Plus, my tech likes it. That means a lot to me.

I broke the front lip I had so I'm thinking about what to replace it with.
I am really considering another lip from ED (not the one pictured in this thread).
If I do and it turns out as well as the last one, that will speak louder than words spoken by someone who has his own personal issues. He is a cool guy but this subject is his Waterloo. Don't get too upset.

Remember, this is a site for owners of a car that is arguably one of the best marques on the market. We Lexus owners are sometimes more picky than other enthusiasts. You should see how I am when it comes to choosing the right wheels.

Just chill, if you can. These things usually work themselves out. Especially if you stand behind your product the way you said you would. In the end, that's all that really matters.

I'll let you know which lip I am interested in later. It's Christmas and I don't want to spend the money until after the holiday....if I decide on one from your company. To be honest I am looking at others. I like the Junction Produce and LX Mode lips. The Prussian Blue is of interest as well. Your advantage is that I absolutely hate waiting months for products from Japan. I'm 75% sure I'll try you all again.

Merry Christmas!

Quick Reply: Extreme Dimensions Front Facia