GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Nothing but headaches with warranty company

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-12, 11:23 PM
SCGS350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can't afford a CPO GS, maybe you can get a CPO infinity, I figure since you work at the dealer they can help you out on THEIR own vehicles. Buy a Nissan at a Nissan dealer buy a Lexus at a Lexus dealer. A GTR is only the best car Nissan has been building for years, next to the Sylvia.
Old 01-04-12, 05:03 AM
LenniePaz
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KA8
Why would transmission fail on car like this? Doesn't sound right. There's a reason why a lexus ended up at a nissan dealer. Had similar experience with a used benz at a small dealership. Let's just say when buying a luxury car I'll stick with stealerships.
The reason it ended up at a Nissan dealer, is because the gentleman who owned it, traded it in on a new Nissan. As a matter a fact, about a week after I bought the GS, the original owner wanted it back because he hated his Nissan compared to the Lexus. I highly doubt he would have wanted it back if he knew the transmission was bad, if that's the reason why you think he traded it in.
Old 01-04-12, 01:40 PM
L8Apex
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The warranty company is the issue not Nissan.

I wouldn't be so quick to let the warranty company off the hook. What's their name?

You spent thousands of dollars on the EW. if they approved the warranty at the time of purchase without noting "preexisting problems" Then this is their problem. Make it clear to them that that's what you paid them for!
Check their rating with the BBB to see if this is simply the way they operate, read the complaints filed and file one yourself. Many companies operate this way til you threaten them with a law suite. Have them provide a loaner car and back date it to when the incident started.

Most importantly read over your coverage policy and use it to your advantage. Chances are it clearly states they cover the power train.
Old 01-04-12, 01:43 PM
LenniePaz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by L8Apex
The warranty company is the issue not Nissan.

I wouldn't be so quick to let the warranty company off the hook. What's their name?

You spent thousands of dollars on the EW. if they approved the warranty at the time of purchase without noting "preexisting problems" Then this is their problem. Make it clear to them that that's what you paid them for!
Check their rating with the BBB to see if this is simply the way they operate, read the complaints filed and file one yourself. Many companies operate this way til you threaten them with a law suite. Have them provide a loaner car and back date it to when the incident started.

Most importantly read over your coverage policy and use it to your advantage. Chances are it clearly states they cover the power train.
The warranty company is Nissan Quality Guard.

http://www.nissanextendedwarranty.co...uard_plus.html

Last edited by LenniePaz; 01-04-12 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-04-12, 01:49 PM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Hey you can always talk to a lawyer and take them to small claims court, cause pretty much isnt that what an EW is for is to extend coverage on a car out of coverage?! But like they say reading is fundamental, go over your policy see what it says your covered for
Old 01-04-12, 03:19 PM
L8Apex
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LenniePaz
The warranty company is Nissan Quality Guard.

http://www.nissanextendedwarranty.co...uard_plus.html
Makes no difference. Get on the phone and remind them that your an unsatisfied customer and that you paid for a protection plan that they're obligated to honor. If you get some guy that wants to point the finger and send you running in circles blaming dealership vs warranty company speak to his boss and inform him of your intentions of taking legal action.
Old 01-04-12, 04:14 PM
LenniePaz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by L8Apex
Makes no difference. Get on the phone and remind them that your an unsatisfied customer and that you paid for a protection plan that they're obligated to honor. If you get some guy that wants to point the finger and send you running in circles blaming dealership vs warranty company speak to his boss and inform him of your intentions of taking legal action.
The GM of the Nissan dealer is getting the factory rep involved so I will see how it goes.
Old 01-04-12, 04:45 PM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 07 GS Warranty issues

Definitely take it back, and apply for a refund on the extended warranty as it is evident you have not used it, as they say everything is a pre-existing condition. You can start over from square one, and if you want a Lexus make sure to get a Lexus warranty. I would be at the dealership in the morning at opening time and take the Maxima. But what you get is up to you. What you have now sounds like a nightmare.
Old 01-04-12, 11:19 PM
GS2100
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would fight the EW company tooth and nail. Like Valley said after these EW companys take your money then everything is a pre-existing problem! Your Gs350 is Gold compared to a anything in my book.
Make sure the transmission is failing Lexus is not always right have it verified by third party, Then if you do need a new transmission I would get a lawyer and the inspection report that nissan did when they accepted the GS350 as a trade in then tell the EW comp that they can either get the GS fixed or you will have the car fixed and sue them for compensation lawyer fees etc. By the way what's the mileage .
Old 01-05-12, 08:37 AM
L8Apex
Pole Position

If you loved the Lex I don't think your going to be happy with the max. Its a step backwards. The GS is more in line with the M45 but I found the GS' intr to be much more refined.
Old 01-05-12, 12:56 PM
LenniePaz
Pole Position

Here's an update. The GM from the Nissan dealer has contacted the warranty company and is in talks with the higher ups there. He said the reason they are declining the work, was because I initially complained about the problem 2 months after I bought the car and the warranty clearly states that would be considered a preexisting condition.I read through the warranty and it does say that 90 days or less is up to their discretion as to whether it's considered preexisting or not. The GM did tell me they just traded a dark gray '08 GS350 AWD with 55k on it and they can put me in that if the warranty company doesn't budge. I checked the car out and it looks like it has everything I have in my car except the ML stereo.Would that be a deal breaker for some of you? I have 91k on my car and I think I should jump on it even if they offer to fix my car. I think the GM would rather just get me out of my car anyway and just wholesale it and be done with it. Would that car still have some factory warranty on it so I don't have to buy another EW?
Old 01-05-12, 01:06 PM
L8Apex
Pole Position

07 w 91k for an 08 with 55k

TAKE IT AND NEVER LOOK BACK. The 08s have a lot of little upgrades inside and out. The non ML is not ideal but its wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
Old 01-05-12, 01:57 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Give the GS back but im not a fan of the 2012 Maxima even though they do have a load of torque. Not a fan of the exterior look.
Old 01-05-12, 02:13 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I loved my Camry '07 too but it was a lemon. I had to give it up. Lost a lot on that car but had to give it up. It was a V6 too. Might be the same engine as your 350. Even if the warranty covers the fix I would still give it up cause I don't like driving loaner or wait in the dealer for them to fix it. I buy the car to drive MY car.

I learn a lot with warranty. Too many conditions and fine lines. No more warranty for me.
Old 01-05-12, 02:14 PM
LenniePaz
Pole Position

Here's a few pics of the car they want to put me in:

Quick Reply: Nothing but headaches with warranty company