GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Nothing but headaches with warranty company

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-12, 02:16 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ take it... done.
Old 01-05-12, 03:56 PM
L8Apex
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

All and all the dealership did right by you. Doubt if they would bend over backward like that for the average customer. Be glad you know who you know... ya know
Old 01-05-12, 05:30 PM
chuckGS350
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LenniePaz
Here's an update. The GM from the Nissan dealer has contacted the warranty company and is in talks with the higher ups there. He said the reason they are declining the work, was because I initially complained about the problem 2 months after I bought the car and the warranty clearly states that would be considered a preexisting condition.I read through the warranty and it does say that 90 days or less is up to their discretion as to whether it's considered preexisting or not. The GM did tell me they just traded a dark gray '08 GS350 AWD with 55k on it and they can put me in that if the warranty company doesn't budge. I checked the car out and it looks like it has everything I have in my car except the ML stereo.Would that be a deal breaker for some of you? I have 91k on my car and I think I should jump on it even if they offer to fix my car. I think the GM would rather just get me out of my car anyway and just wholesale it and be done with it. Would that car still have some factory warranty on it so I don't have to buy another EW?
Take it. It's a no brainer. Make sure you get the EW money back.
Nice car, btw.
Old 01-05-12, 11:14 PM
GS430nCool
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me be sure we all have this straight: You bought and '07 non AWD GS350 with 90 some odd thousand miles on it for $20k.

It had problems and the EW company won't pay (and is within it's rights not to).

The dealership you work for that these transactions are through, 1st offered you a '12 Maxima and now has offered you an '08 GS350 AWD w/ 55k miles.

Is this correct and is the price still $20k (plus or minus the warranty cost)?

I would, if I were you, kindly accept the GM's offer of the '08 GS. It'd be icing on the cake if he'd apply the extended warranty to the new car or just refund your money, but even for the cost of the EW thrown in on the deal it's a steal...

I do like white better than the dark grey...

Take the trade up and be happy -- looks like a fine car..........!
Old 01-06-12, 05:59 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Agree take it, it has less miles is newer and might still have warranty. You should purchase the extended warranty from the guy on this site its cheaper than going to lexus and you wont have any hassle. Good luck
Old 01-06-12, 06:43 AM
LenniePaz
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GS430nCool
Let me be sure we all have this straight: You bought and '07 non AWD GS350 with 90 some odd thousand miles on it for $20k.

It had problems and the EW company won't pay (and is within it's rights not to).

The dealership you work for that these transactions are through, 1st offered you a '12 Maxima and now has offered you an '08 GS350 AWD w/ 55k miles.

Is this correct and is the price still $20k (plus or minus the warranty cost)?

I would, if I were you, kindly accept the GM's offer of the '08 GS. It'd be icing on the cake if he'd apply the extended warranty to the new car or just refund your money, but even for the cost of the EW thrown in on the deal it's a steal...

I do like white better than the dark grey...

Take the trade up and be happy -- looks like a fine car..........!
When I bought the car in June, it had 86k on it and it IS an AWD. They sold it to me for $500 over the trade. I don't technically work for the dealer, I have a business where I am a mobile bumper repair man and they are one of the dealerships I service. When I was buying the car, I did hear the cam gear noise and told the GM I was concerned. He said he will have his best mechanic look at it and they told me it was nothing to worry about. He said for piece of mind, buy the EW through them and I would have NOTHING to worry about as far as repairs are concerned. My wife also expressed how nervous she was to him because we have always owned new cars. Again, he assured her we would have no problems because we bought the EW. The first time I brought the car to the Lexus dealer for the cam gear fix, the warranty company declined to fix it, and the GM felt horrible. Luckily, I know the service manager at Lexus from being in the business, and he was able to get me a courtesy warranty repair through Lexus.I think now that this second job was declined, the GM feels really bad and is trying to make things better. I'm sure there is no way he will just give me the '08 straight up, but if my payment only goes up $30-$40, I can live with that.
Old 01-06-12, 06:59 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

New car doesn't mean it's perfect. My NEW CAR was full of problems since day one. I sold it to get my USED GS430 and problem free so far.

IMO there is no price tag for problem free. With problems comes time you waste arguing for warranties and guarantees, sitting there waiting for it to be fix, waiting at the rental, paperwork, and not driving your car.
Old 01-06-12, 08:43 AM
Tildayven
Driver School Candidate

I'm going to see what happens after the GM calls the warranty company. If they don't agree to fix it, I will get the Maxima.
yeah I would get the brand new Maxima, and if you find another GS trade ur Maxima in for a GS.
Old 01-06-12, 03:05 PM
LenniePaz
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got back from the dealer. They are taking my car back and putting me in the '08 for $5 more a month. I have a bad taste right now with extended warranties and there is 20k left on the factory warranty so I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that right now. The car looked gray in the pictures but it's actually a shade of green. I hope this car is better than my first.
Old 01-06-12, 06:19 PM
chuckGS350
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got back from the dealer. They are taking my car back and putting me in the '08 for $5 more a month. I have a bad taste right now with extended warranties and there is 20k left on the factory warranty so I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that right now. The car looked gray in the pictures but it's actually a shade of green. I hope this car is better than my first.
Good deal!!

Btw, the factory basic warranty is expired. What you have left is power train warranty.
I would recommend to buy Lexus EW but it's no longer available because the basic warranty is
already expired.
Old 01-09-12, 11:31 AM
Tildayven
Driver School Candidate

Nice, Congratz....