GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

San Diego Peeps: Anyone heard of Bluetooth Valet??

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-12, 11:15 AM
MizikeTSK
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Diego Peeps: Anyone heard of Bluetooth Valet??

I am finally looking into getting the VAIS SL2i-UP and the folks at VAIS recommended them to purchase/install. I had the same unit in my IS300 which I installed myself but am a little hesitant to take apart the GS since the pieces look a little more fragile. This BT Valet guy want $225 for install or $300 for install and unlock as he calls it for me to be able to make calls and use navi while driving. He also said if I didn't unlock that when I try to use the screen to control the ipod it would be greyed out and that all I can do it change songs and not see the title. I call BS on that but is $300 to install and do the Navi/Call hack worth it? I can live with out the hack but is what he saying about the features to see song /playlist going to be greyed out while in motion as he mentioned? I would rather try and install myself but wanted to see what others though tabout the company and service he wants to provide verses me trying to do the install on my own and no hack the navi.
Old 01-31-12, 11:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

that's crazy, install of sl2i-up should be around 1hr max and even less for experienced shop. my customers never pay close to that much. if anything, ml+ install is a lot more painful and even for that, 225 is nuts

regarding the control. you WILL be able to see song name and album info of the song that's playing. but the whole folder list information (available for gen5), is disabled / grayed out when driving. so you won't be able to browse through the folders / songs and jump to particular ones you want. that's where override comes in, which i had, to make browsing easy

however you can still easily go to next / prev songs, and you can use folder up / down to go to next / prev folders. of course if you are at A and want to go to P, it will be a lot of button pressing.

if you need more info just ask, i will answer as much as i can

edit: if it's 225 installed (meaning unit + install), then i think it makes more sense. in fact i say it's a pretty good deal. just in case that's what you meant

Last edited by rominl; 01-31-12 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-31-12, 12:00 PM
MizikeTSK
Driver

Thanks Rominl for the info, most of what I play now are like hour long mixes anyways but having a gen5 navi and having the folder list be available is tempting.
Old 01-31-12, 03:52 PM
SlvrBulit
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I spoke with Greg from there before who quoted me about $500 for the vaistech computer and install. He eas recommended by a service agent at lexus of carlsbad. I know that lexus charges a lot more, but 500 is still a lot of $$$ to control my ipod from the screen.

He left me a vm the other day and said if i was still interested he would do the unlock for free. While they can be expensive (all relative) they know what they're doing. And they also offer mobile service. Good luck.
Old 02-01-12, 06:05 PM
MizikeTSK
Driver

Thanks SlvrBulit but I think I can live w/o the unlock but still don't see myself paying $225 for install. I am going to go through Rominl. I frequent his Neighborhood and will save alot more money on the install since I'm to scurred to take my car apart, lol.
Old 03-19-13, 09:56 PM
sanpico
Driver School Candidate

Default Bluetooth Valet San Diego

Please, do not deal with these people. Bluetooth sounds like you are underwater. They do not honor their refunds if the system does not perform as promised.