GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Vaistech VML and Ipod Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-12, 12:25 AM
desitiger
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vaistech VML and Ipod Help

I installed the VML and it works great in my 2008 GS350. What I can not figure out is how to create different folders. I am using a Ipod 3g. Currently on my nav screen it shows my name(Ipod name) and then it shows the list of all the songs. What I would like to have is different folders like Hiphop, R&B, etc. Then I can touch each folder on the screen and it will only display those songs. I think on the vaistech website, it shows an example of Celine Dion and Savage and when you click on each, it displays just those songs. I am pretty sure this is somewhere in itunes but I am not sure. I have googled and search this forum but still havent figured it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-23-12, 03:42 AM
Boron
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is their term folders referring to Playlists?
Have you set up any Playlists on iTunes and sync'd them to the iPod?
If not, try that and see if anything changes.
Old 02-23-12, 05:31 AM
desitiger
Driver School Candidate

Just tried that and no luck...There was already a playlist called purchased so I added the HipHop playlist. WHen I hooked it up to the vml, it did show the purchased playlist but not the hiphop playlist. Previously it never showed the purchased playlist
Old 02-23-12, 07:40 AM
desitiger
Driver School Candidate

So I renamed the purchased playlist to hiphop and now it doesnt show on the screen. All the songs like before come up. Can anyone help? TIA
Old 02-23-12, 08:07 AM
Boron
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Assuming you've installed the unit as CD-MP3 and read through the owners manual (downloadable from the VML page) then you may have a faulty unit.
I'd contact them to ascertain you've done all you can correctly, and that it's not some limitation to the iPod version you're using.
Old 02-23-12, 08:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

either something is not right with setup, or your playlist is not right. make sure you don't have any "empty" playlists

also make sure the vml is in the mode of playing off playlists, not artists or albums, just in case
Old 02-23-12, 08:46 AM
desitiger
Driver School Candidate

rominl i have it in the cd-mp3 mode...how do i know if i have it playing from the playlist and not artist or album.
Old 02-23-12, 08:52 AM
desitiger
Driver School Candidate

Could it be I am trying to add the playlist in itunes and not on the ipod itself. See I have 4 songs in one playlist but when i plug it into the vml, it just starts playing and the folder shown is the name of my ipod. When I click folder there is no playlist there.
Old 02-23-12, 11:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

it all depends on how your itune setup is and the syncing process. right click on your ipod (when connected) and create playlist that way

for playlists / albums / artists toggling, go here page 20

http://www.multimedialinq.com/manuals/Manual_VML_PR.pdf
Old 02-23-12, 06:12 PM
LenniePaz
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you don't have any sub folders in your playlist. If the playlist is called hip hop,then put all your hip hop music in that playlist. Only put individual songs though,not other folders with songs.
Old 02-23-12, 09:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by LenniePaz
Make sure you don't have any sub folders in your playlist. If the playlist is called hip hop,then put all your hip hop music in that playlist. Only put individual songs though,not other folders with songs.
i think you are talking about usb folder setup? don't think you can do that on ipod
Old 02-25-12, 07:08 PM
desitiger
Driver School Candidate

Ok so I configured the vml to play from the playlist. Now it will read the hiphop playlist but it wont read the r&b playlist(i just added one song to this playlist in itunes to test it out). I was expecting it to show the hiphop and r&b playlists in the folder section on the nav screen and I can choose which folder(playlist) I wanted to listen to. Not really sure what is going on with this.
Old 02-25-12, 11:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

hard for me to debug from this end. but from my memory and testing, yes, if you are playing off playlists already, if you go to folders, then you should be able to select different playlists and play

what happens if you press on r&b
Old 02-26-12, 12:41 AM
desitiger
Driver School Candidate

Thats the thing...r&b doesnt show up on the screen for me to choose. Hiphop is the only playlist that shows up when I click on folders.
Old 02-26-12, 03:26 AM
desitiger
Driver School Candidate

Well I think I figured it out. I just plugged in a friends ipod from work and all her playlists showed under folders on the screen. So its either my ipod or itunes.

Quick Reply: Vaistech VML and Ipod Help