GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Repping the GS/hybrid family...I will be on "My Ride Rules" next month

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-12, 10:42 AM
Slamking18
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very good show Mike... I actually think the places were good. I knew from the beginning that Shelby was going to win as it is very sick. And that Rod was very clean and unique so I am sure thats where it got its props. Wasn't a fan at all of the Dodge as it represents 80% of the vehicles I see at local car shows here (lots of gaudy badges and just plain bad idea mods).

One question, I noticed you had different sets of wheels on each side of your car, which seemed to hurt you during the scoring... Do you actually keep it like that or was that just for the show and to give extra props to Vossen? Just curious as I really haven't seen anyone doing that and I almost agreed with the Shelby guy that it doesn't make alot of sense to me...

All in all, great job repping the GS and it looked great!
Old 05-18-12, 04:27 PM
2008GSh
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Slamking18
Very good show Mike... I actually think the places were good. I knew from the beginning that Shelby was going to win as it is very sick. And that Rod was very clean and unique so I am sure thats where it got its props. Wasn't a fan at all of the Dodge as it represents 80% of the vehicles I see at local car shows here (lots of gaudy badges and just plain bad idea mods).

One question, I noticed you had different sets of wheels on each side of your car, which seemed to hurt you during the scoring... Do you actually keep it like that or was that just for the show and to give extra props to Vossen? Just curious as I really haven't seen anyone doing that and I almost agreed with the Shelby guy that it doesn't make alot of sense to me...

I agree, watched the show, you represented the car quite well.... My thoughts
1) The Shelby was going to almost impossible to beat.
2) The Dodge was some of the ugliest thing I have ever seen. The color, the eyes, the stickers all over it, it was just an accident on wheels, looks like a jc whitney catalog threw up on his truck.
3) The different wheels on the left and the right of your car is a bad idea. Pick a set of wheels you like and go with them. Kinda looks like you asked Romney for his position on aftermarket rims. My opinion, the driver's side rims are plenty nice, go with them. I don't know why, but I like the yellow calipers.
4) A freaking Model A Ford comes in second? WTF. That car was a useful as **** on a bull.
Old 07-03-12, 10:53 PM
myGSsoWET
Driver

Default I saw your Black GS450h on The Speed Channel

Spotted this on the Speed Channel, looks sweet.
sorry if this is a repost

Last edited by myGSsoWET; 07-03-12 at 11:47 PM.
Old 07-04-12, 07:24 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah i watched it too last night!! Freaking nice! Dang u are tall Mike. Im surprise u fit on GS easily
Old 07-04-12, 08:06 AM
snkepit
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Watching it now. Good show and looks like a blast.
Old 07-05-12, 08:11 PM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by masboy
Yeah i watched it too last night!! Freaking nice! Dang u are tall Mike. Im surprise u fit on GS easily
Where did you watch?
Old 07-05-12, 09:11 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SoCal_450h
Where did you watch?
speed channel. are you back yet dude ??
Old 07-05-12, 09:42 PM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

speed channel. are you back yet dude ??
Not yet.....did you recorded?
Old 07-05-12, 10:11 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

wish i can, i don't even recording machine lol.

next time i'll record it w/ my iphone
Old 07-05-12, 11:31 PM
jeg650
Driver School Candidate

Wow! Sickness!
Old 07-07-12, 01:11 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
So...... where is the link to the video
Seems someone uploaded it to youtube but it was taken down. I can't find a free link..its actually on itunes lol I am episode 12 here "Hemi vs Hybrid"

http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season...ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Originally Posted by TWong350
Yeah...that truck should not have been on the show. If there's a term for 'rice' for a domestic vehicle, that would define it. Do you guys think it had a Hemi in it?

Mike, I think you definitely should've taken second place. Elenor was jaw dropping. Just absolutely gorgeous.

It was a great show to watch!
They take cars from different markets. I scored everyone pretty high so maybe I should have been more strict with my vote lol. I was kinda surprised I was 3rd.

Originally Posted by Stormforge
thx for repping lexus and the 3GS, mike!
Thanks dude

Originally Posted by Slamking18

I was rocking two sets for a few months and decided to rock both...a some people are like but its all good. The Shelby was a beast, it had so much power, didn't matter what gear I was in. It also had no power steering so it was a beast to turn at low speeds.

Originally Posted by 2008GSh
I agree, watched the show, you represented the car quite well.... My thoughts
1) The Shelby was going to almost impossible to beat.
2) The Dodge was some of the ugliest thing I have ever seen. The color, the eyes, the stickers all over it, it was just an accident on wheels, looks like a jc whitney catalog threw up on his truck.
3) The different wheels on the left and the right of your car is a bad idea. Pick a set of wheels you like and go with them. Kinda looks like you asked Romney for his position on aftermarket rims. My opinion, the driver's side rims are plenty nice, go with them. I don't know why, but I like the yellow calipers.
4) A freaking Model A Ford comes in second? WTF. That car was a useful as **** on a bull.
Thanks for the the feedback!! The car now has CV5s all around Agree the Shelby was a beast and I am a personal fan of the car. Loved it.

lol at the Romney comment!

Originally Posted by myGSsoWET
Spotted this on the Speed Channel, looks sweet.
sorry if this is a repost

lol, I am 6"5...I fit fine, never understood the no room comments

Originally Posted by snkepit
Watching it now. Good show and looks like a blast.
It was a great experience and props to the My Ride Rules crew.

Originally Posted by jeg650
Wow! Sickness!