GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My Wheel Sticking out Too Much?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-12, 10:30 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 389 Likes on 253 Posts
Default My Wheel Sticking out Too Much?

Just got my VVS083 wheels mounted on yesterday. The front is 19x8.5 w/ 245/35/19 and back is 19x10 w/ 285/30/19. The offset on the front is et32 and the back is et38.
The front look okay to me but the back is sticking out a little more than I like. Granted, the car is riding on stock suspension but will be lowered with BCR coilovers next week. What you guys think?
Old 03-07-12, 11:30 AM
Roe
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once lowered, the wheels will tilt into the wheelwell a bit due to negative camber.
Old 03-07-12, 11:46 AM
JH48
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

That is normal, like Roe said once you lowered it it will tilt inside more.
Old 03-07-12, 12:58 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

Your problem is the 285's. You should have gone for 275's. You are off spec with that setup.
Old 03-07-12, 01:11 PM
DTRUONG
Rookie

I dont think the wheels are poking at all from those shots. Im a big fan of the stanced scene. That I believe would be defined as flush/semi flush. But the wheels do look great. Update with new pics onces coils are on. How much did you get the BCR for by the way?
Old 03-07-12, 01:17 PM
joeker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by designo
Your problem is the 285's. You should have gone for 275's. You are off spec with that setup.
agreed. even after your drop and negative camber, you're gonna rub in the rear. I'd shell out for a pair of 275's before deciding to do any type of rolling/shaving
Old 03-07-12, 01:19 PM
NickL
Instructor

Originally Posted by designo
Originally Posted by joeker
agreed. even after your drop and negative camber, you're gonna rub in the rear. I'd shell out for a pair of 275's before deciding to do any type of rolling/shaving
I've done a lot of homework on the wheels and made sure they're in spec and fit.

Last edited by NickL; 03-07-12 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-07-12, 01:22 PM
joeker
Racer

Originally Posted by NickL
I've done a lot of homework on the wheels and made sure they're in spec and fit.
The problem isn't fitting, the problem is rubbing that you will encounter in the rear. If that isn't a concern to you, then you're all good to go.
Old 03-07-12, 01:33 PM
NickL
Instructor

Originally Posted by JH48
That is normal, like Roe said once you lowered it it will tilt inside more.
Originally Posted by Roe
Once lowered, the wheels will tilt into the wheelwell a bit due to negative camber.
Originally Posted by DTRUONG
I dont think the wheels are poking at all from those shots. Im a big fan of the stanced scene. That I believe would be defined as flush/semi flush. But the wheels do look great. Update with new pics onces coils are on. How much did you get the BCR for by the way?
Thanks guys. I will update with new pics once the car is lowered.
Old 03-07-12, 01:35 PM
NickL
Instructor

The problem isn't fitting, the problem is rubbing that you will encounter in the rear. If that isn't a concern to you, then you're all good to go.
I'm not planning on lowering it as much as what I've seen in the forum. I just want to get rid of the huge gap but still can fit a finger or two. We'll see how it turns out.
Old 03-07-12, 01:37 PM
LexmexVIP
Pole Position

Yeah from that picture, it doesn't look like its sticking out. Everyone is correct. Too much tire. I'm about to run 245/35/20 on my 10" rear.
Old 03-07-12, 01:42 PM
joeker
Racer

I'm not planning on lowering it as much as what I've seen in the forum. I just want to get rid of the huge gap but still can fit a finger or two. We'll see how it turns out.
you say that now......... until you stare at your wheel gap day in and day out, knowing that your coils are adjustable. it's just a matter of time
Old 03-07-12, 02:00 PM
NickL
Instructor

you say that now......... until you stare at your wheel gap day in and day out, knowing that your coils are adjustable. it's just a matter of time
Lol, yes I do stare at the gaping hole between the fender and the wheels on my car. I rest my shoe on the wheel when it needs tying. It's ridiculous how high it is.
However, I'm not in sunny California. We've been pretty lucked out this year with snow but we do get 40-50" of snow per season. I can live with some gap.

btw, this is an AWD. I tried to size the tire so that all four are as close as possible. Going with the 275 width, the closest is still 1.4% difference.

Last edited by NickL; 03-07-12 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-07-12, 07:01 PM
NickL
Instructor

Originally Posted by DTRUONG
Alright now I know what stance mean on a car. I'm gonna pay 1500 for coils and installed with alignment and any issue with the work.

stance:
To destroy a cars handling abilities by having it lowered an excessive amount. Typically, the tires are tucked way inside the vehicles fenders. But in order to have a hellaflush stance and run the required excessively wide wheels with tires that are stretched just to fit onto the wheels, the car has to have an excessive amount of negative camber. If you stand behind one of these cars don't be surprised to see the rear tires looking like "/ \". The rear tires are probably bald on the inside and the outside still looks brand new, and there's probably only an inch of contact patch with the ground. A hellaflush stance car can't even pull into a driveway without bottoming out and ripping the bumper off or cracking the vehicles oil pan. Some stanced cars are so extreme that you can't even turn the vehicles steering wheel fully in either direction without the tires rubbing.
"Eric, look at that stanced car, it looks so damn retarded. I don't understand why these kids do it, they are killing the performance and asking to get pulled over. ****, if they get pulled over, they are gonna get deported!"

Old 03-07-12, 07:10 PM
Roe
Driver

Alright now I know what stance mean on a car. I'm gonna pay 1500 for coils and installed with alignment and any issue with the work.

stance:
To destroy a cars handling abilities by having it lowered an excessive amount. Typically, the tires are tucked way inside the vehicles fenders. But in order to have a hellaflush stance and run the required excessively wide wheels with tires that are stretched just to fit onto the wheels, the car has to have an excessive amount of negative camber. If you stand behind one of these cars don't be surprised to see the rear tires looking like "/ \". The rear tires are probably bald on the inside and the outside still looks brand new, and there's probably only an inch of contact patch with the ground. A hellaflush stance car can't even pull into a driveway without bottoming out and ripping the bumper off or cracking the vehicles oil pan. Some stanced cars are so extreme that you can't even turn the vehicles steering wheel fully in either direction without the tires rubbing.
"Eric, look at that stanced car, it looks so damn retarded. I don't understand why these kids do it, they are killing the performance and asking to get pulled over. ****, if they get pulled over, they are gonna get deported!"

You must have pulled that off of urbandictionary.com

Quick Reply: My Wheel Sticking out Too Much?