GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

First impression of my new(to me) GS450h

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-12, 08:10 AM
shpatel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First impression of my new(to me) GS450h

Some of you may have seen a thread I posted earlier in the week about whether I was getting a good price on a car I was looking at.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...good-deal.html

Anyways I ended up purchasing the car (2007 GS450h) and am absolutely loving it. The shear power and smoothness of the engine is absolutely amazing as is the handling and the sound system, but I do have some issues with it and wanted everyone's input on it to see if you have the same issues as me or if they are unique to my car.

1. The dash rattles so much even going over smooth roads. Everyday I find a new rattle but the majority of them are from near the windshield. My 12 year old camry doesn't rattle this much so I'm a little upset at that. I know there are DIY and TSB's for it but seriously I'm a bit disappointed in this aspect

2. The Right passenger speakers buzz occasionally with some instruments or even some bass.

3. The lights on the steering wheel controls are so dim I can barely make out the volume up and down.

4. The heated seats barely even get warm. My gf VW gets so much hotter as does my old LS430. Same with the cooling aspect

5. The steering wheel shakes at higher speeds(although this may be a tire balancing issue)

6. When I set the air to blow through only at my feet, there's a loud fan sound even though the fan speed is on low.

7. The rearview mirror shakes so bad when I'm on the highway that everything is blurry (this is without music on). I'm not sure if its the car itself (ie the alignment or tire balance) vs the mirror just not working right.

8. Also I'm trying to figure out if I have satellite radio or not since the dealer told me I did but whenever I hit the AM/SAT button, it just stays on the AM station. Am I missing something here?

The car is certified so I can definitely bring up all these issues with the dealer but I wanted to here from you guys first.

Last edited by shpatel; 03-16-12 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-16-12, 09:47 AM
TCKeyz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I commented I your original thread and you stated that he dealer promised to fix the rattle problems? I would bring the car back right away to have them fix it, it's a very common problem that's fixable and make them do it because it will get annoying. While you just purchased the car try to talk to tem about all the problems. As for all the shakiness, first thing I would do is change out the tires and see how things go from there (I highly recommend continental extreme contact dws). My rear view mirror does not shake at all even on the highway (but my car feels reay smooth probs due to the tires), get rid of the run flats ASAP.
Old 03-16-12, 10:02 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by shpatel
1. The dash rattles so much even going over smooth roads. Everyday I find a new rattle but the majority of them are from near the windshield. My 12 year old camry doesn't rattle this much so I'm a little upset at that. I know there are DIY and TSB's for it but seriously I'm a bit disappointed in this aspect
its common on the 3GS

2. The Right passenger speakers buzz occasionally with some instruments or even some bass.
could be a blown speaker. the grilles just pop off if you want to take a look at it

3. The lights on the steering wheel controls are so dim I can barely make out the volume up and down.
you should be able to change the setting on the brightness in the little drop down panel i believe. it wont get too bright however

4. The heated seats barely even get warm. My gf VW gets so much hotter as does my old LS430. Same with the cooling aspect
mine was the same way. the cool is literally just a fan however

5. The steering wheel shakes at higher speeds(although this may be a tire balancing issue)
agreed, sounds like tires need to be balanced

6. When I set the air to blow through only at my feet, there's a loud fan sound even though the fan speed is on low.
not sure, never had that problem

7. The rearview mirror shakes so bad when I'm on the highway that everything is blurry (this is without music on). I'm not sure if its the car itself (ie the alignment or tire balance) vs the mirror just not working right.
theres a TSB on that or you can just pop the cover off and tighten with an allen key to see if that helps

8. Also I'm trying to figure out if I have satellite radio or not since the dealer told me I did but whenever I hit the AM/SAT button, it just stays on the AM station. Am I missing something here?.
did you try flipping through all the sources from the steering wheel controls?